Best Minecraft Mods Of All Time

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by happyhamster48, Sep 7, 2017.

?

Do you agree with this list?

1. Yes

50.0%
  2. No

50.0%
  1. happyhamster48

happyhamster48 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Builder ⚒️

Ratings:
    +0
    My List:

1. Nevermine 2 (Advent Of Ascension) - Last MC version 1.7.10

2. Tale Of Kingdoms - Last MC version 1.5.2 (I think)

3. Tinkers Construct - Last MC version 1.12.1

4. Carpenters Blocks - Last MC version 1.7.10

5. Custom NPCS - Last MC version 1.12

Honorable Mentions - JourneyMap (1.12.1), Pixelmon (Discontinued, last version 1.12 I Think), Extra Utilities (1.12.1), Draconic Evolution (1.12.1)

Why didn't some popular mods make the list?

JourneyMap - Its a utility mod, doesn't add anything to play with.
    Pixelmon - It is one of the best mods ever, would have been my #2, but its also a mod that changes how minecraft is played entirely, so some people may enjoy it, others may not care about it at all.
    Extra Utilities - Great mod, but it is just a utility mod like JourneyMap.
    Draconic Evolution - Like a lot of mods, it only adds useless garbage. Honestly, why do I need a draconic sword or a Bow of the Wyverns if the mod only adds one boss that can be killed with a power 5 bow in about 10/20 minutes? Give me something to kill are something to mine that makes crafting these garbage tools worth it.
    All of Thermal Expansion - Why, why do I need all this stuff, if I can't kill anything with it, what is the point? I'm not going to spend an hour trying to fill up a chest with garbage that is just going to sit there forever, so why make it in the first place
    Every Food Mod Ever - Thanks, these mods have my respect, but they didn't make the list because it's just food, ill be okay with steaks for now.
    Gravestones - /gamerule keepInventory True , Thanks have a nice day.
    All Backpack mods - Very helpful mods, but not top 5 worthy.
    Railcraft/Steves Carts - I LOVE these mods, but I wouldn't put them on a top 5 list, because they are mods that I would put in every modpack that I would make.

Now onto the top 5

Custom NPCS - This mod is fun if you know what you're doing. If you can spend an extra 10 hours on making something cool with this mod it is worth it. You can make any boss you could imagine, make them drop any loot, turn in their head in to someone for even more loot, take that loot at make something else out of it using custom recipes. You can store stuff in a bank that can be upgraded, you can watch a fight between two different races, factions, or just throw a group of 50 dragons at each other and watch minecraft crash. Would be number two, but it requires effort to set up, that is the only problem.

Carpenters Blocks - This mod lets you build anything you could ever want out of anything you could ever want. While it is a utility mod, it deserves credit. If I want to build my dirt mansion, I can, with dirt stairs, slabs, pots, beds, and more. Not a mod I would play by itself, but add it in a modpack, its worth it.

Tinkers Construct - I don't know what the point of the mod is, but it is the most useful thing ever. There is only one reason why I like this mod. The hammer. Without it, I would put this mod down with Draconic Evolution in the sense that it adds stuff you don't need if you play the mod by itself. The hammer though, it is the most useful mining tool ever, and is even more useful when you put it with #1 on this list. Also the smeltery is nice but that is just extra ore, I don't care about extra ore.

Tale Of Kingdoms - This was the best mod ever created before 1.7.10 came out. When 1.7.10 came out, all of the mod creators had what seemed like ages to improve their mod because 1.8 took a while to come out. Tale Of Kingdoms, though not updated anymore, was the go to adventure mod, you could start your own kingdom, with people, and upgrade it. For 1.5.2 standards, this was legendary. Add it with a mod like MoCreatures and a few others, you had the best adventure ever, and the best part, once your kingdom was going well, you didn't have to grind for materials yourself anymore, you had people doing it for you.

Nevermine 2 - Just look at the gamepedia wiki, its enough. It was made by the creator of DivineRPG, after that was discontinued. This mod by itself adds more bosses than every mod mentioned in this entire forum thread combined (excluding Custom NPCS because you can add infinite bosses yourself). Just a small list of the basic features includes
    • 21 New Dimensions
    • 39 New Bosses
    • 29 New Summons (Minions)
    • Too many mobs I didn't count sorry
    • 45 NPCS to trade with, excluding the lottery traders, and excluding the class trading NPCS
    • 14 skills you can train to level 100
    More stuff that takes to long to count and list
    Want the full list? Check out their Wikipedia, its massive
    But this is the kind of mod anyone wanting to play a mod should look for. It adds so much stuff to do, it provides hours and hours of entertainment. The best part though, if you train your forging skill high enough, and get a hammer from tinkers construct, you have the best mining strategy ever. Try it for yourself, you'll love it.

Anyways that is my list, hope you enjoyed.

2. lambiser

lambiser Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +906
    Ummmm the greatest mob ever is the dab mod.

Like it's a legit thing.

#getrekt