Boats kicking people in VMR 26.3

Discussion in 'Help & Support / Errors & Bugs' started by Canadian_Apple, Sep 24, 2026.

  1. Canadian_Apple

    Canadian_Apple President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

    Joined:
    Dec 2, 2012
    Messages:
    708
    Trophy Points:
    61,660
    Gender:
    Male
    EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +3,317
    Minecraft Username:
    @Canadian_Apple
    Brief Description:

    When riding boats in VMR, you get kicked with the following message:

    "Internal Exception: io.netty.handler.timeout.ReadTimeoutException"

    Instructions:
    Make boat, get in boat, ride for 9 seconds, get kicked :(

    How many times did you recreate this?:
    3 times on 26.2, once on 26.3

    Result:
    Got kicked with the same result.

    Expected Result:
    I should not get a timeout message.

    Evidence:
    I can provide video if needed, but it's pretty self explanatory, I think others are experiencing this as well.
     
  2. Canadian_Apple

    Canadian_Apple President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

    Joined:
    Dec 2, 2012
    Messages:
    708
    Trophy Points:
    61,660
    Gender:
    Male
    EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +3,317
    40 mins later, I am back on 26.2 and have not been kicked. Not sure what the problem is.
     
  3. Canadian_Apple

    Canadian_Apple President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

    Joined:
    Dec 2, 2012
    Messages:
    708
    Trophy Points:
    61,660
    Gender:
    Male
    EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +3,317
    OKAY...so it happened again. If I get in a boat in a pre-update generated area, I timeout. This does not happen in the newly generated areas though.
     
  4. Wazupbutrcup

    Wazupbutrcup The Silent Strategist
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ Game Admin ECC Sponsor EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VIII ⭐ Premium Upgrade

    Joined:
    Mar 8, 2014
    Messages:
    448
    Trophy Points:
    69,610
    Gender:
    Male
    Ratings:
    +128
    So apparently from 26.3 - 26.2, have tested and noticed, the
    - AntiCheat kicks you for the following issues: Using a Boat, Breaking/Attacking things.
    - Animals don't stack via VMR
     
  5. Canadian_Apple

    Canadian_Apple President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

    Joined:
    Dec 2, 2012
    Messages:
    708
    Trophy Points:
    61,660
    Gender:
    Male
    EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +3,317
    I can not say this is consistent within old chunks. My cows are currently stacked and I am in old chunks.
     
  6. andrewkm

    Founder Premium Upgrade

    Joined:
    Apr 5, 2011
    Messages:
    20,973
    Trophy Points:
    121,160
    Ratings:
    +15,253
    @Canadian_Apple @Wazupbutrcup
    I can reproduce the boat issue.
    I cannot reproduce the mob stacking issue.
    I did however notice another issue with attacking mobs, being kicked for unfair advantage.

    Investigating how to proceed.
     
  7. andrewkm

    Founder Premium Upgrade

    Joined:
    Apr 5, 2011
    Messages:
    20,973
    Trophy Points:
    121,160
    Ratings:
    +15,253
    @Canadian_Apple @Wazupbutrcup
    All three issues should be functinal and/or fixed.

    Please confirm.
    - Boats.
    - Fighting mobs.
    - Mob stacking.
     
  8. Canadian_Apple

    Canadian_Apple President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

    Joined:
    Dec 2, 2012
    Messages:
    708
    Trophy Points:
    61,660
    Gender:
    Male
    EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +3,317

    No problems fighting mobs. Boats are still broken
     
  9. andrewkm

    Founder Premium Upgrade

    Joined:
    Apr 5, 2011
    Messages:
    20,973
    Trophy Points:
    121,160
    Ratings:
    +15,253
    I cannot reproduce the boat issue?
    What's broken.
     
  10. Canadian_Apple

    Canadian_Apple President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

    Joined:
    Dec 2, 2012
    Messages:
    708
    Trophy Points:
    61,660
    Gender:
    Male
    EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +3,317
    On 26.2 and 26.3 I am kicked after 9 seconds with "Internal Exception: io.netty.handler.timeout.ReadTimeoutException" as the reason when boarding and riding the boat.

    Weird you can't reproduce...could it be old/new chunk related?
     
  11. andrewkm

    Founder Premium Upgrade

    Joined:
    Apr 5, 2011
    Messages:
    20,973
    Trophy Points:
    121,160
    Ratings:
    +15,253
    Should actually be fixed now, please confirm.
     
  12. Canadian_Apple

    Canadian_Apple President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

    Joined:
    Dec 2, 2012
    Messages:
    708
    Trophy Points:
    61,660
    Gender:
    Male
    EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +3,317
    Post-maintenance - boats are no longer timing me out. This appears to have been fixed.
     
  13. andrewkm

    Founder Premium Upgrade

    Joined:
    Apr 5, 2011
    Messages:
    20,973
    Trophy Points:
    121,160
    Ratings:
    +15,253