Change the price of poppies and dandelions in the shop

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by spocklin, Jul 7, 2017.

1. spocklin

spocklin Mayor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +62
    Minecraft Name: spocklin

Suggestion: Change the price of dandelions and poppies to match what they are worth when we sell them to the server, proportionally of course because the server wants to make money.

Reason: The price for 16 dandelions is $1000 and the same goes for poppies. This price is incredibly overbloated to what its actual market value is on our server. The server buys them for $0.10 a flower and the server sells them for roughly $62.50 a flower. This price is incredibly high for what they are actually worth.

Any Other Information: These are some of the most common flowers anyone can find out in the main worlds and in the mining world. The price change would be needed to match what they are worth on the open market.

Link To This Plugin/Is this a custom addition?: None

2. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    I don't see this as being an issue honestly, it's just an incentive to buy them from someone who may be selling them or to gather them yourself.

3. strongpelt

strongpelt ~*Alaskan Sponsor*~
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IV ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,064
    -1, huge no. There are player markets for a reason. Buy flowers or dye there.

4. spocklin

spocklin Mayor

Ratings:
    +62
    Well then why even have them in the server shop? To over bloat the price/value? I mean then you could make them worth more when you sell them to the server to compensate?

5. spocklin

spocklin Mayor

Ratings:
    +62
    I can also make the argument that these are not the special flowers and therefore should not be put into the same price classification.

6. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    The server shop provides nearly all blocks at higher than market rates. It isn't meant to have competitive prices.

7. spocklin

spocklin Mayor

Ratings:
    +62
    I'm just saying the price seems a bit excessive to me. I understand what you are saying about that believe me I do. It's just that this seems way more than needed.

8. JamieSinn

JamieSinn Retired Lead Administrator/Developer
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +4,588
    Most blocks in the server shop are either 10, or 100 times more than the server sell price. This is to prevent players from using the server shop as the de-facto source, hence encouraging player trades.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  9. teofilovic

teofilovic Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +291
    The server shop is just a baseline I think. Prices are usually decided by the community.

• List
  10. RyanBlocks2

RyanBlocks2 EcoLeader
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +946
    This is 625 times server sell price

Edit: For some reason quote bugged out on me so I may have tagged some extra people to this post by accident.

#10 RyanBlocks2, Jul 8, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2017
  11. teofilovic

teofilovic Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +291
    BTW mushrooms are also like this. 16 for $1k.

12. 314

314 Irratioπal President, former ServerAdmin
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $18,000,000
    Ratings:
    +4,860
    To be honest: It doesn't matter.

At some point - i.e, a multiple of /worth - it becomes irrelevant whether we are talking about 100x or 625x /worth. Lowering the prices to 100x /worth - 10$ per item - still wouldn't convince anyone to buy them. Those prices aren't meant to be used like "Oh, I am going to buy something from the server because I don't want to search the market", they are meant to be used in "I desperately need those items right now, and I am willing to pay an absurd price for them" scenarios.

If nobody buys, there aren't any issues arising from that. Those who need items can get them from the player market and shop owners who sell specific items are probably pretty happy that server shops aren't competing with their prices.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  13. spocklin

spocklin Mayor

Ratings:
    +62
    That's assuming that the player market has an incredible surplus of these items in question.

14. OK5698

OK5698 President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +22
    I agree with spocklin, and I also understand the opposing viewpoint. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this suggestion arose because of the lack of a player market. Flowers are especially difficult to find. Just the other day I was looking for bone meal, I could not find it anywhere in the user-made markets, I tried for hours asking for some bone meal in the trade chat. Out of the 60 players online, not one player was willing to help. Players literally just ignore the trade chat. And I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one w/ this problem. Either match the items for what they are worth, or strengthen the player market. (not sure how that'll be done, due to inactive players.)

15. strongpelt

Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IV ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,064
    ???? I think the only one hard to find is the light blue one that's in swamps. The others aren't...

Or they don't have it. Someone bought me out of bonemeal already and I'm having problems getting a skelly spawner. I'd suggest making an ad looking for bonemeal on the forums.

As far as the suggestion goes, if a lot of players are needing something some ship owners gonna get it stocked... yes sometimes market runs out but shop owners do look out for items that are commonly needed. Flowers usually aren't, though there are a few flower shops. The blockshop really is suppose to be a last resort. As in, if no shop has it, and you think going to find it is too much work, then you go to the blockshop. It's suppose to be a money sink, for the purpose of driving the player market more.

16. OK5698

OK5698 President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +22
    Lmao I dont have much experience selling tbh, that makes sense. I'm an active buyer, and I'm really only speaking based off of my experience. It's extremely difficult to buy in the trade chat, I dont really think it should be this way. Im sure that you arnt the only one that sells bone meal, and it shouldn't be that difficult to find, but that's just one example. I've been asking for days on trade chat for an eff 4 shov, I only now got one from my friend. I've had trouble buying a lot of other items in the chat. You can't deny that it does have some inactivity.

17. spocklin

spocklin Mayor

Ratings:
    +62
    I think what you are missing here is that the price is 625 times what the server buys for and exceeds what Jamie said 10-100x server price. It is also ONLY for 16 flowers. That is incredibly outrageous given the value they have to the server when you sell them. At the very least it could be 1k for 100-500 flowers or something other than 16.

18. stoler202

stoler202 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +471
    Although I understand the fact that the blockshop is the very last resort, lowering to 100x times still seems reasonable. Just because something is never bought doesn't mean we should have the price ridiculously high. Why don't we make all server prices 100x, nobody's supposes to buy it! (If raised, the player market prices may possibly skyrocket too).
    And, personally, I bought tons of hardened clay from the block shop, since at some point player stores tried to sell for more than the server charges.

19. strongpelt

Ratings:
    +2,064
    .... first off, you seem surprised about the blockshop being a ripoff. Which still amazes me. Who cares exactly how much more the flower is over server sell price?? It's again so suppose to be outrageous. Personal, I'd go find flowers in mining before paying that. The yellow ones are everywhere.

I'd support this actually. Was gonna make a suggestion about raising dye prices.

• List
  20. stoler202

stoler202 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +471
    Lol, in who's interest would that be?