Denied Charitableness Medal

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by FamilyFurst, Dec 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FamilyFurst

FamilyFurst Ecc King of Koopa's
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +141
    I feel a few players on Ecc actually help others in many ways. A lot of it we don't see, and some we do.

I think at the staff's discretion, a Charitableness Medal should be a thing that can be awarded. It isn't applied for, or asked for. It is just given by what is seen, and heard, etc.

While, I have been very generous since my return, I believe this medal should be one that is geared towards time/actions/infractions/etc. Not just like me, "Hey, I am doing feature giveaways, and spending lots of money, I deserve the medal!."

I have my own faults, and can get hot headed at times, and be irresponsible.

I just think this should be a thing, and could also possibly help some, more, aggressive, or explosive people calm down a notch or two.

In the end, I think this medal should be one regarded as one of higher honor, than some of the general medals.

-FamilyFurst

2. LaggyTryHard

LaggyTryHard ♛Exalted Builder♛
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +964
    Could be really cool, but who is the one to award the player the medal? If it consists of a group of people, which staff deserves to be in the group or is it all staff?
    But thinking about this more closely, it actually motivates people to help out; there are a lot of people who like collecting forum medals and if they do something nice for the community in order to get a medal, i dont see any issue with it.

3. stigarose

stigarose Eyecare Ex-EcoLegend
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +852
    -1 and +1

-1 because it can’t be at discretion... most good deeds go unnoticed anyway... I think there would have to be some guideline to meet that’s documented. You open yourself to favoritism complaints.

+1 if you set standards that can be purposefully obtained. I can think of five peeps right now who would deserve this in my book though!

4. KingCharlie9

KingCharlie9 EcoPremiumPrestigeLegendTycomaster
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +526
    +1
    I know many people who should be acknowledged for their help.

5. Drewbo_

Drewbo_ Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    No.

This is the same thing as applying for staff, you are doing it for the community not for a trophy. In this case if you are donating stuff it should be for the cause, not for a trophy.

#5 Drewbo_, Dec 15, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2017
  6. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    No.

Far too many problems with this.
    Mainly, the only one who would award this would be me, to prevent my staff being accused of favoritism. And even then, no matter what, people will constantly go unnoticed as I'm not around 24/7. There is no way to regulate this and it would just cause those who go unnoticed to feel down. Our medals are all based on specific set guidelines, not human selection. This will never change.

I could really go on and on as to why this is a bad idea, it just won't happen though.

TL;DR - This is impossible to distribute on a community such as ours. It would cause more harm than good.
    Been doing this for 7 years, I know.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
    #6 andrewkm, Dec 15, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.