[Clarification]Wiki/Rules Regarding Town Claims

Discussion in 'Help & Support / Errors & Bugs' started by AdmiralD, Jul 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AdmiralD

AdmiralD IsleTradingCo
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +4,288
    Wiki rules state that: Note: Upon posting a Town Claim application, a member of staff will send a forum PM to the Official Owner of the town. Once a 3 day period has passed, the player's activity will be re-assessed and must still meet the above criteria to be eligible for the town to be claimed.
    I have now heard that all listed owners are being notified by forum pm.
    Wiki rules need to reflect this new change to avoid confusion.
    - Thank you in advance for helping with this.

2. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    Only the official owner should be notified by forum PM. There has been no policy change that I am aware of.

@Game Admin

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. zr2002

zr2002 Nub Moderator
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +3,161
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's how we've been doing it, I don't remember anything changing.

4. OlympiansAreGods

OlympiansAreGods Building Fanatic
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,755
    https://www.ecocitycraft.com/forum/threads/town-claim-application-alarah.168142/ As seen in this application, Clar stated all owners were forum PM'd so I think this is why AdmiralD is under the assumption that the rules / policy has been changed.

5. MadMonster_

MadMonster_ Retired GameAdmin
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +754
    For a town claim to be successful all owners have to be inactive (as per the rules quoted above), surely it'd make sense to forum PM all of the added region owners to give them the chance of returning before the claim is approved as well? Not to mention if one does become active again, this voids the claim?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
    #5 MadMonster_, Jul 21, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
  6. Mission001

Mission001 Ex-EcoLegend HⱻặĐHůƞẗǝɍ
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $495
    Ratings:
    +6,478
    ^^^
    Forum pming just the original owner would be stupid if they arent even on the towns anymore and someone else is on them.
    Current owners have as much a right to come back and claim what is currently theirs. Just cause it isnt originally theirs, doesnt make them any less an owner on the town.

In the claim @OlympiansAreGods posted https://ecocitycraft.com/forum/threads/town-claim-application-alarah.168142/
    samster had every right to be notified that a town that they were owner of was potentially being claimed. Afterall, that is why some users are added to towns. Not just to keep a active user on the ownership of the town to prevent claiming. But also it gives you a added chance of rejected someones claim on your town.

#6 Mission001, Jul 21, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
  7. ClarinetPhoenix

ClarinetPhoenix She does what she wants.
    Owner Events Manager ECC Sponsor Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IX ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade Wiki Leader

Ratings:
    +5,473
    After talking with Nicit, it seems my mistake was PMing all owners. It made sense to me since we consider the activity of all of them when checking the validity of the claim.

In my defense it has been many months since I had done a claim, on the other hand I should probably double-check our guidelines to refresh myself. :p
    That isn't to say I don't feel it should be all owners(I think it should tbh). Unless there is a very valid reason it shouldn't be that I don't seem to remember.

• Potato Potato x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  8. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    I don't want to have to put it this way, but given the way this thread has gone I guess I have to; that isn't relevant here at all. The issue at hand is that an application was handled incorrectly. Whether the policy should be changed is a discussion for our suggestion forum.

I'm just going to lock this thread as it has veered off course; the thread asked if policy had changed and the answer is no.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.