Eco City Craft - not what it used to be ; what happened?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ForceFeedMeDaddy, Oct 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ForceFeedMeDaddy

Builder ⛰️ Ex-Resident ⚒️

Ratings:
    +15
    December, 2014
    This was the first time I had ever been on Ecc, I had just found it off of mine craft server list, a warm, wonderful, and welcoming welcome. I was told to read the rules, and so I did. After this, I was told to make money. Something I was always good at, survival games.(I hacked back then LOL) I saved enough money for a plot.in a nice town owned by a nice person who cares about who joined the server and why they should stay. Jmichael showed me how ecc was supposed to be played. He ran a gorgeous town with nice buildings and he cared about players who joined. There's was always a flow of players coming though ecc. ( reply to me why this is please!!) And the new players always had someone who could help them out.
    October 2016,
    After a 2 year ban for trolling(sorry for fucking with u physyy) I came back to a server with less of a population. I asked for a town and... no one could help me. It took me 15 minutes to find a plot. I didn't know anyone or have any help. I barely knew anything above 1.8. I asked around carelessly for a town with a farm. And luckily, aman came in clutch with the plot. Though Minesburg wasn't the prettiest, it did the job. But aside from all of the irrelevant shit. I think that if community comes together to show noobs how and what to do, Could help the server and the economy substantially. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

DISCLAIMER - I have only been on for a few days and have heard a few words and opinions, my apologies in advanced if any of this is incorrect or biased, this is just a play off of what I have noticed.

2. ForceFeedMeDaddy

Ratings:
    +15
    Also if someone could tell me what happened to the new player influx.

3. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    TL;DR - Not much new content has been released since the EULA shit and player count declined, many other super old servers and communities completely shutdown as well, and we're just floating along. As long as players are playing, ECC will stay up.

Not really sure what kind of other answer you're looking for.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
    #3 andrewkm, Oct 24, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
  4. y0landi

y0landi Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +108
    How could we get our player numbers up? Is there any way that (non-admin) players can help?

5. kukelekuuk

kukelekuuk C͕̹̲̽ͪ͐ͩ̔L̜̦̝͈ͦ̿̾̿ḘA̻̗̤̳̐ͭ̆̿̃̑ͭN̊̓͑̇ͯ
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +6,925
    All you can do is refer people you think might like ECC. Aside from that there's nothing you can do.

6. y0landi

y0landi Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +108
    I couldn't go on a minecraft server website and post for the server? I know voting does this already and I'm happy we have this many opportunities to increase the popularity of the server.

7. kukelekuuk

kukelekuuk C͕̹̲̽ͪ͐ͩ̔L̜̦̝͈ͦ̿̾̿ḘA̻̗̤̳̐ͭ̆̿̃̑ͭN̊̓͑̇ͯ

Ratings:
    +6,925
    It wouldn't have any noticeable effect. Server lists require $$$ to get players. And then those players might not even stick around. ECC is a bit of a niche server, after all. That's why I said to refer people you think might like ECC, because those are the people that stick around.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  8. ForceFeedMeDaddy

Ratings:
    +15
    This isn't the only way. With the new players that come to the server they need to be properly brought in other than spending 30 minutes looking for a plot (if they weren't gone already) the wiki is a great place to find how to money but these new players need some community love.

9. DaEpicMiner326

DaEpicMiner326 Living Embodiment of a Meme
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +128
    The only problem with that is, who knows what builders are alts these days with 2 players using alts to troll. Not all people give out plots for their towns and I, for one have not given mine out for free. I was waiting for zj to finish my build but he is gone inactive before I added more people to my town so I didn't have to list all the rules for everyone. Plus the 30 minutes may have come to the fact that it was off peak perhaps, and/or no one had a builders town that was on or like me do not give it for free. A lot of builders I rarely see talk except to beg for money or for a free plot. If more builders were to be constructive to a conversation maybe people will pay attention.

10. goblizz

goblizz The One and Only

Ratings:
    +1,576
    1. Assuming that every builder is an alt (because TheBluePickle and iStomp_Kittens elect to spend their free time trolling) and not giving them the benefit of the doubt is a bit of a turnoff; it reflects a highly unwelcoming community.

2. Despite contrary beliefs, giving out free plots can help a user stick around. I was a recipient of a free plot from @bmanvman that in the end probably was the sole reason why I stuck around. I gave plots to my friends (@ChargerBoltz5 and oRON647) so that they'd have some footing and stick around. I gave plots to Builders I didn't know, and a couple of them ended up pretty well off. Taking on an attitude that "a builder needs to pay to show their dedication" is a bit harsh. Give them a starter plot, say 10x10, and then let them pay to expand their lot (@DexNumber637 did this in my town of Titletown pre-remodel).

3. But what you're forgetting this is by begging or requesting a free plot they're trying to initiate some sort of interaction. Not everyone comes onto the server knowing exactly what to ask and what to do. I know I didn't read the Wiki (or even know there was a Wiki) until I was banned. Most people don't really care to read the manual before they do it; they'd rather jump in and hit the ground running.

This is all beside the fact that the toxicity in chat is moreso why Builders don't want to talk...why would you want to contribute to a community that's constantly pointing fingers at one another and at each others throats from major things like politics to minor things like sports rivalries?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
    #10 goblizz, Oct 24, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2016
  11. jwpwns

jwpwns ECC Sponsor
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,628
    Simple awnser Start adding and changing things on the server. Or we will just sit here and exsist til we crap out whenever that may be.

#11 jwpwns, Oct 24, 2016
  12. _Mendiboi

_Mendiboi President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $36,278
    Ratings:
    +451
    The issues all stem from two problems and they are two of the words found in EcoCityCraft. The quality of the server's ruling class has declined and with it the mighty nations of our past. The nation is, and will forever be, what keeps people playing on ECC. Buildings, and the cities that contain them, are emblematic of what makes this server special; namely, they are the result of crafting with things of value. The economy has never been what makes ECC special, it merely gave value to the things that people built. When building declines, the aggregate value of the server declines. I blame the entirety of the problem on the leaders who stopped using their treasury to build and instead chose to posture as powerful by buying stupid ranks, cosmetic decorations, other nonsense etc.... There is a difference between dressing in the purple and being dressed in it.

I have played on this server for a very long time, never taking a so-called break. And, in my experience, my empire has never been more prosperous and active. Though player engagement in the server may be bad, citizen engagement in Epicure has never been this good. I write not to discourage others or praise myself; for when my citizens call me Imperator it actually means something. I am simply asking who gives the so called 'EcoMasters' public leave to write as though they are the masters of something? The server started having problems when value and money were made synonymous.

There is something very beautiful, very human in building things with your friends. And, so long as my citizens call me Imperator, so long as Epicure exists, this simple philosophy will never be abandoned. Who knows what the future holds, there may come a new era, an era of peace.

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
    #12 _Mendiboi, Oct 24, 2016
  13. Bash100

Bash100 :^)

Ratings:
    +1,782
    [​IMG]

14. CrazySwagMaster1

CrazySwagMaster1 Mother F****** Sorceress

Ratings:
    +414

15. Huntz_Kush

Huntz_Kush Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Builder ⚒️

Ratings:
    +4
    I remember ECC back in 2012, I only started to play ECC again because in 2013 my PC took a poopy shit. Now I'm older with a job and was able to afford a PC that can run Minecraft. And I agree ECC has change A LOT!
    My most memorable times were in the mining world, when you could build and live freely, I remember this one guy was building himself a sand castle with a moat.
    I decided to become his slave for fun and it was pretty awesome.

I really dislike how we're now forced to join a town instead of living in the wild. Another is how much more limited they've made it, I remember when we could use the back command, able to lock an unlimited amount, and we were able to play in the nether freely as well.
    Also the shop has changed a lot as well, I come to find out my 4 diamonds are worthless along with my obsidian.
    I'm still trying to figure out why most everything is worthless and how to obtain nstars. Along with that, I'm not even sure if the nstar currency is even relevant or even viable, makes my dollars feel worthless as well.
    I even remember times I got to help out moderators build roads, or even watch them and have a nice conversation with them.

I really don't know man, I'm still trying to adapt to the new server and see how it works out... :/

16. Zecrux

Zecrux Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +74
    I think it's minecraft as a game that's going down the drain.

17. jwpwns

jwpwns ECC Sponsor
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,628
    Maybe a little but its no excuse there are tons of other servers with 100s of players still. We can do alot better if we change things but it looks like it wont happen they are letting things die out so rip

#17 jwpwns, Nov 1, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2016
  18. ElChapoJrr

ElChapoJrr EcoLegend
    EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +88
    I was quite depressed when I came back to the server that welcomed me when I was younger, I joined the server I think back in 2012 or 2013, and I was your typical begger for money. I finally got the money to buy a 500$ plot in @vtnick 's town. I slowly rised to Resident, then so on. I remember back in the day, teamspeak was hype as shit. I also used to stream on twitch, and had quite a bit of fun with that. I decided to take a break, and somewhat forgot about ECC for like 10 months. I came back to see that instead of 80-150 people online there was only around 40-60. It made me sad, luckily I made some friends that I did not talk to back in "the old times". ( @xpurexcorex and @bobbysix6 ) Honestly, I dont even know how much money it cost to advertise the server. But all I guess I can suggest or hope, is that we focus on spending money on advertising and possibly be nicer to the builders in-game. Thank you ECC.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  19. Bash100

Bash100 :^)

Ratings:
    +1,782
    You can vote everyday at 6 different sites - each one will give you a nether star. Unless the pricing has changed dramatically since I was last one, that's equal to 3k everyday, if not more. Hope that helps. :)

20. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    Servers that had 5000 -> now have 1000
    Servers that had 2000 -> now have 500
    Servers that had 1400 -> now have 350
    Servers that had 200-300 -> dozens *most* have shut down, provided zero refunds and gave all their players a big fat "fuck you"

ECC had 200 -> now we have 60 and are still up and going.

I don't care which server has what, how many players they have, etc. I been doing this shit for 6 years now and Minecraft has basically gone to total fucking shit because of Mojang & Microsoft. So much going on beyond the scenes and everything is being done to destroy multiplayer and move people towards Xbox/Realms. Specifically with the EULA. (Don't forget we are blacklisted and constantly bypassing, which is stressful in itself).

All in all, yes ECC changed. Nothing lasts forever. But as I said and now PROVEN time and time and time over, I will keep this baby up until we have 0 players online, and even then I'll keep our forums online, because the forums as awesome. We're all a gaming community here and made tons of friendships/etc.

We do what we can. Maintenance, staff, minor changes here and there, continue plugin updates and quality control, fix what we can where we can, etc. Spending thousands beyond thousands on advertising now would be a total waste of money. All we can do is keep ECC going and improve small areas of it where we can.

Even if the server dies one day in a year or two and doesn't have any players left, the forums will forever stay up. Our forum activity is literally 5x that of our server activity. ECC became somewhat of a gaming community/family. So many of us don't even play minecraft anymore and hang out on the forums to chat, discuss, PM each other and game together.

Anyways, reason I'm quoting you is because you're one of the main people bitching and moaning in game. Like chill out dude.
    - www.minecraftservers.org
    - www.minecraft-server-list.com
    - http://store.steampowered.com/

There's so much other shit you can do with your time. Stop whining about a 6 year old community getting "boring". For every single community that's six years old and still running (within minecraft) I can show you 10 that have closed down and said "screw the players".

With that said. If you have suggestions, use suggestion forum. If you need ECC help, use help/support. There's really no need for this thread other than to bring out those who hate that the actual MC server got boring for them.

K. Cool. Love ya guys. Bring on the potato ratings. Peace.

• Winner x 10
    • Friendly x 7
    • Potato x 7
    • Agree x 3
    • Like x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
    • List
    #20 andrewkm, Nov 2, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2016
Thread Status: