Explain your username

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by OniFox_, Jun 3, 2015.

1. Sharkykzn

Sharkykzn Mayor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +125
    Sharky - My original LAN gaming handle way back before online gaming became the norm. If you wanted to play multiplayer, you lugged your PC to a friends house or met up at organized LAN parties.

kzn - The abbreviation for the province I originally lived in at the time (KwaZulu Natal)

2. SnDxCH4RG3R

SnDxCH4RG3R |Technical Tycoon|
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +899
    SnD - Search and Destroy (Call of Duty Clan Name)
    x - Typical character found in stupid names to seperate words
    CH4RG3R - Charger, I preferred to 'charge' into battle with my COD clan

3. SuburbSomeone

SuburbSomeone Shrubby Tycoon

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +6,480
    I've heard you say that your name was not based on the football team, but never knew it came from COD. Interesting.

4. 29dude

29dude Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +859
    My buddys like "yo you want a minecraft account?" and I'm like "ya sure." 29dude was the name, I thought he would be mad if I changed though.

5. polltax

polltax seldom right but never in doubt
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +466
    EMD = My initials, 3000 = my first email account was my named spelled out + 3000

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Overprotected

Overprotected Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoMaster ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $300,000
    Ratings:
    +3,021
    [Vanilla] Smeefy
    (When I'm writing this I'm still in my name change process"

[Vanilla] is for when me and @Limee bought matching custom tags. She's [Chocolate].

Smeefy is what we call my baby cousin lol.

7. EccHamster

EccHamster Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +132
    huntmeister97 - Oh how I wish I had some elaborate story to tell but I don't. It started when I was 8 my brother took the first 4 letters of my name hunt and added meister (my-stir) not (me stir). 97 is the year I was born which I needed for my xbox live account. Although come to find out my name in German is Jager and you put that with meister and it is an adult beverage so yea

8. goblizz

goblizz The One and Only

Ratings:
    +1,576
    For all those who were curious about my previous username...

_TrueStud13 is a reference to the New York Giants reciever Odell Beckham Jr., who exploded onto the scene last year as a rookie. Because of him becoming a huge staple in the Giants offense, he was a core "stud" with Eli Manning. Hence, True-Stud, and the number 13. Underscore was for effect.

9. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,271
    Let’s revive this thread!

So my name, Jdawger stems from my irl nickname, J-dawg (my real name is Jason) and from the phrase “you dogger” (which my family coined to mean that “the person is better than them, so they suck”)

I don’t remember if Jdawger was first created for my Minecraft, deviantart, or Kongergate account (back in my jr high days), but it kinda stuck and is my #1 go-to username

#69 Jdawger, Dec 5, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
  10. Scamazon

Scamazon monkey
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +2,157
    I'm gonna help revive this thread. 2 years ago at my school, we once did an experiment where we built atomic structures out of toothpicks and marshmallows. Honestly, it was the experiment that I've never enjoyed better which comes to the next part.

Later that day, I saw the new kid gobbling down a massive bag full of marshmallows in the changing room. He looked at me, and whispered, "Marshmallows" and then continued wolfing down all the marshmallows.

For the next couple of weeks, we would whisper, "Marshmallows" at each other. I don't know why, but it was just something that stuck with us. I got to know his name, and he got to know mine, and we started hanging out during recess and lunch. We then formed the "Marshmallow Bros" and just like that, we became and still are best friends.

A year or so later, when I was turning 11, my old Minecraft account was compromised and I was forced to delete it. Around that time, I just got into internet memes. I think you can imagine how many memes I'd find as a "new memer" and I especially liked rage comics, and my favourite character in that was the derp face. With my combined love of marshmallows and derp, I decided that my new Minecraft account would be called "MarshmallowDerp". Gee, pretty obvious huh? :p

Since then, I used the username MarshmallowDerp for every other account I created instead of my previous, extremely cringy one known as
    CrazyBoy
    Insanekid
    Ultimateboy26
    So yeah I'm just gonna assume that you read the spoiler and beg of you not to judge me. This is the stuff that I put in the "Worst usernames you've ever had" thread.

In the cases that my name was already taken, I'd use the name "Derpmallow". I like both names, because they both represent the 2 things that stick with me a lot.

11. Expipiplusone

Expipiplusone Builder

Ratings:
    +778
    Come on, don't be so hard on yourself. You were just 11-yo, man aehm, boy :roflmao:

12. Expipiplusone

Expipiplusone Builder

Ratings:
    +778
    Btw, kudos to your self-irony, I was very oversensitive when I was your age

#72 Expipiplusone, Dec 6, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2017