Giving Away Nearly Full Control of Nashville (600x600)

Discussion in 'Classifieds & Ads' started by DD71, Jul 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DD71

DD71 Mayor of Nashville
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +591
    Hello ECC!

I have been working on my town of Nashville for roughly two years I believe. In these last two years, I have not gotten nearly as much work done as I would have liked and today it is still unopened. I have realized that I do not have the time to run a town of this size while also maintaining an active community within the town. That's why today I am looking for a "town manager."

Although I would like to remain the official owner of the town, I am basically giving away the town for free to either an individual or a group of managers. As town manager of Nashville, you will have nearly full control of how the city is run, outside a few requirements that I have, which I will explain later. All money made by selling plots, apartments, etc. will be 100% yours. I am not seeking to make any money by giving up Nashville. My primary goal is to ensure that Nashville becomes a fun, active town.

These are the requirements that I have for the manager:
    • You must remain active. I reasonable and understand that you may become busy, go on vacation, etc., but for the most part, I am looking for someone who I can expect to be able to run the town and maintain an active community. If you become too busy to run the town, just let me know and I can either replace you or add another manager.
    • I would like to see some sort of government in the city that town members can participate in. There is already a Governor's Mansion and a State Capitol. The exact way that the government functions is up to you, and I am happy to discuss these functions privately once management has been established.
    • The ideal manager is friendly, can act professionally, and helpful to new players on the server.
    Other than that, how the town is run is up to you. This is a great offer for any active players because I am basically giving away a 600x600 town with years of progress away for free.

Highlights of the town are in the above album. Click the album to view information about each picture. If you'd like to visit the town yourself, visit /warp nashville.

There is still a little bit of work to be done, but most of the town is finished. Things that need to be done before selling properties are adding lighting in most buildings, adding floors to apartments, and other minor touch-ups.

I am not sure how many managers I will choose. If you are interested in taking over, reply in this thread with why you'd make a good manager and whether you'd prefer to work alone or within a team of managers; no format necessary.

#1 DD71, Jul 23, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2017
  2. Blizzard_04

Blizzard_04 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +97
    I would LOVE to help! I am very good at managing! I do not have a preference to working/working without others.

#2 Blizzard_04, Jul 23, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2017
  3. OlympiansAreGods

OlympiansAreGods Building Fanatic
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,755
    I would also love to help manage this! I have had plenty of experience in nation managing ! I would love to work in a small, tight - knitted group as I believe a team would run the nation efficiently!

4. RaginDevonian

RaginDevonian Pro Pokemon Player
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $47,000
    Ratings:
    +1,023
    Not sure if Epicure would want to manage this nation with our current projects but I'll tag @Mendiboi just in case.

5. zenber

zenber Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Resident ⚒️

Ratings:
    +12
    i would love to manage the town it looks like a nice nation i would make a good nation maneger

6. a_man21

a_man21 a_manda
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,311
    This sounds like fun, I wouldn't mind being considered for a management position. I would be more than willing to work with a team of managers, and I would not mind being on my own either. As for my experience, I run my own nation (selling plots, apartments, prebuilts, and shop space, as well as dealing with residents' issues), and I have experience with teamwork on ECC through my time on the staff team as well as through the America party.

7. zenber

zenber Builder

Ratings:
    +12
    i would love to work with all these peopel and run this nation

8. stoler202

stoler202 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +471
    This sounds very intriguing! I have experience in running nations (StarNation, Foix), have been co-mayor of, if one remembers, Sanctus_Real. Personally, I find working alone better, since I prefer to assemble my own cabinet. Working with people you don't know well or don't agree as much with is not very efficient, as I have learned in Foix. I have been on this server for quite a while and know a few good people that might want to work with me.
    Since I enjoy building, I believe that an important part of the nation shall be new projects and developments. Judging by the pictures, I believe that the town could definitely improve with a little makeover that I have some ideas for. If you're interested in my architecture, you can check it out at /warp LosCraftos.
    Although I spend plenty of time building, I spend no less selling my work. I, personally, find it very satisfying, and therefore it is my main source of profit. Although I mostly sell luxury properties, I believe your town would, in fact, broaden my horizons of property.
    As a sidenote, I often prefer using larger, therefore foreign, nations (unfortunately, mine isn't very big largest) for management experiments, which might work out better than expected. Every new policy or development often brings surprising results, hopefully positive.
    Sign me up.

(I have used the words town and nation quite loosely here, but I can't really tell what a 600x600 land object is by now.)

#8 stoler202, Jul 24, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2017
  9. zenber

zenber Builder

Ratings:
    +12
    I say all of us team up and run the nation of Nashville we would make a perfect team we should all have like different jobs like ,builders ,mayor ,co-mayor, asistant and stuff like this i think me tank_fart_boom , stoler202 , a_man21, Epicure blizzard_04 , olympiansaregood would make a great team i think the management positions should be like this they can always be changed

mayor: stoler202

mayors assistant: tank_fart_boom

co-mayor: a_man21

co-mayors assistant: blizzard_04

builder: olympiansaregood

planner: Epiccure

if you have another ways just msg me

10. Hackney_Builder

Hackney_Builder Builder

Ratings:
    +205
    We (Scarborough) would like to apply to manage this nation! Me and my co-mayor (@TempirePlayZ) have a nation we run, with a democratically elected assembly that makes all decisions about the town (this is actually democratic, anyone can stand if they are a resident of Scarborough (the nation), and the Senate has supreme power, can't be vetoed, and has no guaranteed seats.) We will run elections for the town, and will create a Development Fund for the nation, which can be withdrawn from by mayors and will help run the town. We can create a town that works, a town you can rely on, other then small nations and individuals (who will be out of their depth) or bigger nations (who simply won't care)

Our capital is hugely a Builder town, and we took in a portion of the AEM diaspora, as well as providing cheap homes to anyone. We have a good track record of cheap apartments (1k, easily earned in ten minutes) provide farms to people, give advice to residents, and help new players on their way.

The Five-Point plan for Nashville:
    If we become governors of the town/nation of Nashville, we will implement this plan to boost town growth and create a successful town:
    1. Implement the Scarborough Senate system (each town has two members of the Senate who decide on things for the nation and their town at meetings), giving the towns unbridled democracy.
    2. Sell apartments and plots for cheaper prices, to bring people to the towns.
    3. Implement the Scarborough Code, a tried and tested town law book.
    4. Place town warps in each town, stopping people having to walk for miles to get to a plot.
    5. Implement the Scarborough Development Fund, allowing towns to withdraw money from a nationwide fund.
    One bit of advice: Don't make an international council (like what was suggested above) to make the town.
    I have dealt with a certain large nation over an issue where I needed to share a warp with them. It took 7 days to even get a response off them. With a council, it will take years to sell a plot.
    Thanks for considering this.

11. DD71

DD71 Mayor of Nashville

Ratings:
    +591
    Thank you for the ideas! I'm not sure if I think that that is the best way for the government to function but that can certainly be discussed with the chosen managers.

What international council are you talking about? Maybe I missed something but I didn't see anyone suggest a council among different nations.

#11 DD71, Jul 25, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2017
  12. DD71

DD71 Mayor of Nashville

Ratings:
    +591
    edit

#12 DD71, Jul 25, 2017
  13. OlympiansAreGods

OlympiansAreGods Building Fanatic
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,755
    Rip. Nvm. I failed at quoting

#13 OlympiansAreGods, Jul 25, 2017
  14. DD71

DD71 Mayor of Nashville

Ratings:
    +591
    You, as well as everyone else interested, are free to tell me your ideas. You may do so privately if you wish :)

15. Hackney_Builder

Hackney_Builder Builder

Ratings:
    +205
    That was what I was referring to.

16. stoler202

stoler202 Builder

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +471
    1. Redo the roads. It is usually my taste to make realistic ones, and seeing as they're already wide, I believe that is doable.
    2. More greenery. Although there are some trees, I believe the town lacks shrubbery and trees. Unlike my town, there is plenty of space where to put all that, and therefore it should be quite easy.
    3. Build new buildings and renovate the old ones. I'll be honest, the ones I see are, although undoubtedly large and impressive, lack a good facade, simply being windows and bricks. I'm hoping to bring a more modern feel to the town.
    4. More recreational/decorative buildings. One thing I focus on in my towns, is adding buildings that don't necessarily provide housing. Sure, I see such buildings as the state capitol or the temple, but I'm talking about things like cafés, shops (which can actually sell), parks.
    5. A subway. I, myself, am questioning this idea, considering it does take some time to do such things. However, if I choose to implement, I believe this would be quite useful for a 600x600 land object.
    6. Marketing. This may not be about the town itself, but it will be very important to make sure everyone knows Nashville exists. Forum threads, macro trade ads -- those have to be going constantly. To prevent "blindspots" in selling time, I'm hoping to hire a few realtors to fill in when I am not available.
    7. System of government. Again, not about the town, but very important. Committees always slow everything down. While they come to a conclusion, tons of time is wasted.From Foix, I have learned that people deciding are generally no use. Some (but thankfully not everyone, some were actually quite helpful) people refused to take any part in helping the town, meanwhile remaining part of Congress. Sure, I perhaps I shouldn't expect much from them, but on the other hand, do we really need a group of people doing no real town-related work, excepts decisions?
    I propose that I be in charge of all decisions, meanwhile employing others to act out my ideas. This way, everything is sped up, not only due to singlehandedly made decisions (although it is definitely possible I will consult for ideas), but also due to more people actually materializing the projects.

17. TempirePlayZ

TempirePlayZ Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +0
    I completely agree with that. Even if I am not added, will be great to see it grow.

18. TempirePlayZ

TempirePlayZ Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +0
    A council is quite a lot of work. Plus, look at what would happen if a member was to turn there back on one another, then no one would agree. Not saying that anyone would agree in the first place. A council may make the right decision, but they waste a lot of time trying to make it.

19. Hackney_Builder

Hackney_Builder Builder

Ratings:
    +205
    Has this been decided?

20. DD71

DD71 Mayor of Nashville

Ratings:
    +591
    Sorry, yes it has been decided for now. @a_man21 could you please lock this thread?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.