[Help or Error] How does one get cobwebs?? You'll never believe...

Discussion in 'Help & Support / Errors & Bugs' started by Monkeyz505, Sep 11, 2017.

1. Monkeyz505

Monkeyz505 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +512
    In order to get cobwebs, one needs to have silk touch on either their sword or shears. however, you cannot put silk ona sword in vanilla. and the only way to put silk on shears is by books. NOW HERE'S THE KICKER, KIDDOS. I cannot combine a silk touch book with my Eff V Unb III shears. Nor can I enchant them at
    /warp expshop. Is this intentional? Is this a bug? was this a change on mojang's side of things? I've had silk touch shears before, and I wanted to recreate them. But.. they won't combine??

Help me please. I want cobwebs.

2. Capbo_

Capbo_ Reformed Scammer
    Tycoon ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoMaster ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $1,348,456
    Ratings:
    +3,040
    Try a melon sword

3. Monkeyz505

Monkeyz505 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +512
    This is the only other option if I really wanted to get them, however the cost of 1-1.2mil vs 19k exp is a very drastic price difference.

4. Capbo_

Capbo_ Reformed Scammer
    Tycoon ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoMaster ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $1,348,456
    Ratings:
    +3,040
    Silk touch pick? Might just take forever lol

5. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    You don't need silk touch on shears to get cobwebs. Just normal shears work.

6. Monkeyz505

Monkeyz505 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +512
    Okay so I looked it up because that wasn't something that occurred to me before 2 minutes ago.

This didn't always used to be the case. prior to 1.9, you needed to have silk touch on your shears to collect cobwebs. However, 1.9 and later, that was changed to silk touch no longer being able to be placed onto shears because of some problems with the whole thing, including shears not losing durability unless it mined leaves/cobwebs/wool blocks. Now, they can harvest cobwebs without silk touch, and lose durability when breaking ANY block.

Tagging @Ladyvamptress because this is something I figured you might like to know as a follow up to before.

7. Ladyvamptress

Ladyvamptress Bloodlust Ex-EcoLegend
    ECC Sponsor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,184
    Yeah, I looked it up too and then tested it with normal shears to find out you don't need silk on shears to get cobwebs. I did try to get your attention in game but you might have been afk at the time, so I was going to say something here until I seen Nicit already had. I never tried to test with normal shears, I've always used my silk shears and like you figured to get cobwebs, you needed silk. It's like that on other platforms (like PE) still, I believe. This is good to know tho, thanks for the tag! :)