How many levels do Spawners make? [Guardian, ElderGuardian, IronGolem, Slime]

Discussion in 'Skyblock' started by Awesomah, Oct 13, 2018.

1. Awesomah

Awesomah Me make big moni
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +98
    Here is the amount of levels spawners in skyblock make per hour. I have done my calculations considering a maximum efficiency spawner set-up of each mob is used. The results may not show the actual truth, however, they are very close to the real result for sure, because i have used results of many other people's experiments and direct information from wikipedia.

GUARDIAN - Prismarine Block
    - (Auto-kill)
    75 Prismarine Blocks per hour = 3 levels per hour
    - (Manual-killing + looting 3)
    188 Prismarine Blocks per hour = 7.5 levels per hour

ELDER GUARDIAN - Prismarine Block + Sponge
    - (Auto-kill)
    83 Prismarine Blocks per hour = 3.33 levels per hour
    208 Prismarine Blocks per hour + 1 Sponge per stack (StackMob plugin's stack) (the amount of mobs in stack doesnt matter) = 8 levels per hour

IRON GOLEM - Iron Block
    - (Auto-kill)
    222 Iron Blocks per hour = 22.2 levels per hour
    222 Iron Blocks per hour = 22.2 levels per hour (Looting 3 doesn't affect Iron Golem's drops. Results stay the same)

SLIME - Slime Block
    - (Auto-kill)
    240 Slime Blocks per hour = 9.6 levels per hour
    - Manual-killing + looting 3)
    600 Slime Blocks per hour = 24 levels per hour (in reality, tiny slimes may die because of falling from a very short height so if we decrease the amount a bit, it becomes===> 550 Slime Blocks per hour = 22 levels per hour)

TOP SPAWNERS IN TERMS OF LEVELS PER HOUR

1-
    Iron Golem Spawner [The one and only.]
    2- Slime Spawner [Unexpected & Hated & Trashed one]
    3- Elder Guardian Spawner [A bit unexpected one]
    4- Guardian Spawner [The second most hyped but "ended-up-being-trash" one]

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
    #1 Awesomah, Oct 13, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
  2. Natelev

Natelev Skyblock Mod
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $1,031,351
    Ratings:
    +290
    Very interesting, but the slime number seems like it can't be right.

I used to own a slime spawner and manually killed the slimes with loot3. They landed in water so the tiny slimes never died of fall damage. After maybe a week of AFKing and killing slimes for an average of 6-8 hours a day, I've earned about a dub of slime blocks (including ones I sold). Of course I'm just guessing how long I've spent at the spawner, but even if I'm overestimating, that doesn't explain the huge discrepancy.

Have you definitely taken into account that a slime block is 9 slime balls? If my estimates are more or less correct, I earned slime balls at about the same rate you say I should have earned slime blocks.

#2 Natelev, Oct 13, 2018
  3. BobbyBlack

BobbyBlack Community Spokesperson
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ XI ⭐⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,515
    He didnt even test this himself, he took stats from the wiki to post this... if anything id only go off of info someone actually tested themselves

4. Natelev

Natelev Skyblock Mod

EcoDollars:
    $1,031,351
    Ratings:
    +290
    Well, he said he used information from the wiki and other people's experiments.

@Awesomah, if you can explain exactly how you got those numbers that might clear things up a lot.

#4 Natelev, Oct 13, 2018
  5. block_crusher

block_crusher Prestige 6, Ex-Ecolegend, $ EcoLeader $
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VI ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +979
    I thought it was more like this;

1. Iron Golem
    2. Guardian/Elder Guardian
    3. Witch
    4. Creeper

Although I haven't really tested Creepers with auto-kill.

6. Natelev

Natelev Skyblock Mod

EcoDollars:
    $1,031,351
    Ratings:
    +290
    That's just how much value people think those spawners have. Witches wouldn't be that good for levels and you can't use creepers for levels at all.

7. Awesomah

Awesomah Me make big moni
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +98
    My calculations show that a hostile mob spawner should spawn 450 mobs per hour. But as i have seen from other people's comments on the internet, it spawns 500 per hour.

Server difficulty effects ratio of big, medium and tiny slimes. A slime spawner spawns slimes at any sizes and chance of sizes depend on server difficulty. I have asked in chat what server difficulty is and i was replied that it's easy (if it were hard, slime spawners would be making way more levels) so that makes 33% (equal) chance for all types of slimes. When a slime dies, it spawn 2-4 slimes of its one less size. So that's 3 smaller slimes on death on average. Slimes drop 0-2 slimeballs on death so that's 1 slimeball on average per tiny slime.

- If a slime spawner spawns 498 slimes per hour, that consists of:
    166 Large slime = 1500 tiny slime
    166 Medium slime = 500 tiny slime
    166 Tiny slime = 166 tiny slime
    So that's 2166 slimeballs (auto-kill) from 500 slime spawned.
    That's 240 slime blocks, which makes 9.6 levels (a slime block is worth 10 points).
    - Manual killing with loot3: Multiply that number by 2.5 (because if a mob drops 0-2 items on death normal death, that becomes 0-5 items with looting3 enchantment) and it is 24 levels.

If i ran a slime spawner and got like 20 levels worth of blocks in an hour, i wouldn't be surprised because the big hitbox of Large slimes may cause their spawn attempt in failure (their hitbox may be inside the spawner block itself which makes it impossible to spawn at that time) and the spawner may have spawned less than 500 mobs in that hour.

I'll probably rent one and do some tests.

8. 314

314 Irratioπal President, former ServerAdmin
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $20,000,000
    Ratings:
    +4,860
    Out of curiosity:
    1. What basis did you use for your calculations?
    2. How big was your sample size?

To quote the Wiki:
    Regarding the first question:
    One cycle lasts between 10 and 39.95 seconds (and can last even longer), which is a major error margin. Assuming a random distribution, did you simply take the median value of 25 seconds, or did you also factor in the "it will repeat this process every tick until it succeeds" clause?
    Additionally, as the spawner can generate anything from one to four mobs per cycle, did you assume an average of 2.5 mobs/cycle?​

Regarding the second question:
    A large sample size is essential here - otherwise a "lucky" sample could spawn up to sixteen times as many mobs as an "unlucky" sample!(~10s/cycle with 4 mobs each (-> 24/minute) compared to 40s/cycle (or even more) with 1 mob each (-> 1.5 per minute).​

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    If he did it would be incorrect - a spawner will always try to spawn four mobs. That will fail only if there's a block or mob in the way. With a properly set up spawner with maximum space and quick removal of mobs the only time you should lose a spawn is if it ends up being in/below the spawner block itself. When I had spawners set up I would have been surprised if I was hitting as low as a 3.5 average, I was getting 4 most of the time.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  10. 314

314 Irratioπal President, former ServerAdmin
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $20,000,000
    Ratings:
    +4,860
    It looks like I missed an important point in the wiki.
    I was under the impression that it would always attempt to spawn four mobs, then filter invalid locations including those not on the ground.

I used an average of 2.5 because 1. it somewhat made sense under the (apparently wrong) assumption that mobs don't spawn in midair and 2. my experiment from July 2017 yielded an average of 2.37 mobs per spawn cycle (with a somewhat even distribution from 1 to 4 mobs per cycle). If a spawner is indeed supposed to filter very few of its four attempts per cycle, I guess running my experiment for only four hours wasn't sufficient to fulfill my "a large sample size is essential" criterion.

11. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    From my experience, on the ground is not necessary for a number of mobs, but is a requirement for some. I think pigs, as an example, require grass blocks to spawn, so you still need them there. It would really depend on what mob you tested with.