/isr help

Discussion in 'Help & Support / Errors & Bugs' started by free2beme, May 20, 2018.

1. free2beme

free2beme Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Builder ⚒️

Ratings:
    +2
    As a new player I screwed up when I tried to get the /isr reward and had not yet registered on the forums here. I am writing to request to see if it would be possible to have the /isr reward for my first 10 is levels since I never received it due to my lack of knowledge about registration at the time. Please consider helping me out.

Thank you.
    Free2beme

2. JamieSinn

JamieSinn Retired Lead Administrator/Developer
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +4,588
    Unfortunately, there's not a way we can detect whether a user has a forum account before we send it.
    @pokeball92870 can you make it more apparent in the wiki you need a forum account?

3. pokeball92870

pokeball92870 PokeManiac
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,547
    @JamieSinn
    It is marked in the wiki and the tutorial. I'll try to make it more apparent though.

Could a possible solution be the implementation of a /isr confirm? Assuming you custom-coded /isr, perhaps a second step where users see the warnings or implications before executing the command (in this case, not having a forum account) might be a good idea.

4. JamieSinn

Ratings:
    +4,588
    There already is a two stage ISR based on the calculation. But that's not entirely something that "fixes" it
    It simply bandaid's the issue of people not having forum accounts.

5. pokeball92870

pokeball92870 PokeManiac
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,547
    Perhaps somewhere in that two stage /isr we have we could let the users know they need a forum account? A warning of some sorts with a link to make one?

It's listed on the wiki that we're not responsible if their forum name is wrong or that if they don't have a forum account, so it would be on the user if they decide to ignore the warning. But for the genuine few who do mean well and are willing to follow the instructions, it might be a useful change.

6. Ladyvamptress

Ladyvamptress Bloodlust Ex-EcoLegend
    ECC Sponsor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,184
    I know people were complaint about not knowing you lose resets when you join/leave other people’s islands, so (at one point, not sure if it still exists) Andrew added a text to the confirmation of joining/leaving the island, warning people that they lose a reset. Again, like you say Jamie, this is just a bandaid way of doing it, but if the same thing can be done for isr, wouldn’t hurt to add a lil text letting people know they need a forum account to receive the money. Would have to think if the player doesn’t have a forum account to start with, the odds of them reading the wiki are slim.

#6 Ladyvamptress, May 20, 2018
    Last edited: May 20, 2018
  7. JamieSinn

Ratings:
    +4,588
    I've added a message to warn on the second stage of ISR. (the check is done message)
    It's now fully in the user's ballpark if they want to run the command again.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  8. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,066
    This message above will be implemented on next server restart.
    ETA: 30-60 minutes.