Jamie Sinn.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by andrewkm, Aug 25, 2018.

1. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    Before I make the post regarding ECC’s future, which does indeed still have a lot in store, I’d like to first take the time to tell you about the person who has truly made EcoCityCraft what it is today.

Jamie Sinn has been a part of our community since the very beginning, and I have known him ever since he was 11. Before some people think “wait what?”, he’s basically one of my little brother’s real-life best friends. Simply put, they grew up together and I seen them at our house hanging out ever since they were kids :) .

EcoCityCraft had several developers come and go. At first, I started this project out-sourcing trusted developers with personal pay from my end. Eventually, KHobbits joined us in a more semi-full time fashion, and of course, eventually, KHobbits had to take his leave due to real life obligations (mainly getting a job at a major tech company). Jamie Sinn however, has been the only true full time official co-owner/developer we have ever had. Now of course, I don’t want to discredit our many amazing developers who have helped us through the years, specifically KHobbits and md_5. However, with Jamie Sinn’s recent leave, I feel it’s only right to tell you a little bit about him and what he’s done for ECC.

Ever since the very early days, Jamie has constantly attempted to make his way onto EcoCityCraft’s development team. He continuously submitted small pieces of code, and small things he wanted added, and was constantly told “maybe later”. He was a very young developer who continued to do what it takes to get on the team. His code wasn’t anywhere near what it is today, and several times KHobbits and I would slightly get irritated with the constant submissions from him. We denied and turned down several, beyond several, lines of code submissions from him, either because it wasn’t anywhere near up to par with KHobbit’s standards or because it simply wasn’t needed.

But see, after the literal dozens of times we turned Jamie down, he wouldn’t quit. He kept going at it. I won’t lie it was slightly annoying at times, but at the same time, there was just something about it you know. Something inspirational in regards to someone wanting something so badly that they just won’t quit, regardless of how many times we shut them down.

Fast forward a few years, we finally accepted one of his projects. The /own project for tools. I still remember the shock hearing KHobbit’s privately tell me “this is actually great man”. I don’t think I told Jamie this yet, so this is probably him hearing it for the first time, but KHobbit’s, his coding idol at the time when it came to Minecraft and ECC, literally approved and applauded his code.

And so that’s when it began. We accepted Jamie on board, and KHobbit’s slowly left us.

Through the years Jamie’s code has improved so much that when he wrote the EULA-inspired /buyfeature command, he structured it so well, that during a conference call with KHobbit’s, he was asked if he thought of certain very complicated scenarios, that KHobbit’s brought up, and Jamie pointed to those exact scenarios and how he coded around them to perfect the system. And literally, at that point, KHobbit’s was genuinely impressed with him. And it was at that time that I thought wow, absolutely wow, the best coder I’ve ever known (KHobbits) just applauded Jamie Sinn for working around the most complicated scenarios right off the bat and coding it to perfection.

From a very young developer at the age of 12-13, who has annoyed KHobbits and I on several dozen occasions, never gave up, kept at it, and not only achieved the position he had his mind set on, but did so in the most amazing and impressive way possible.

Jamie leaves us now with the most advanced, perfected, and complex, yet very stable system ever.

From here on out, all I (Andrew) have to do, is go back to where I started, and outsource developers for Minecraft updates, and specific bugs. I am not worried at all, and with all the connections I have made throughout the years, I have several people willing to help us. So, when it comes to our future, we will be okay everyone.

However, I do want to let everyone know, that when it comes to Jamie Sinn and the entire back end code base of EcoCityCraft, it is his legacy. Not mine, not anyone’s, but his. If he did not strive for his position several years ago, we would not be here today. We simply would not.

Thank you Jamie Sinn. Thank you for absolutely everything. EcoCityCraft will always be just as much your doing as it was mine, if not more. You are an inspiration to not only young developers but to people in all fields around the globe. You wanted something, you were turned down way more than you should have, and you not only ended up on board, but you did so in the most amazing way possible. It’s not movie stars and YouTube celebrities that should be idols to the young generation, it’s people like you, who never give up, and absolutely succeed in the most amazing ways.

I, as well as all of EcoCityCraft wish you the very best in your future endeavors. Never give up Jamie, you will achieve literally anything you want, EcoCityCraft is living proof of that.

Jamie Sinn ladies and gentlemen! <3

• Winner Winner x 17
    • Friendly Friendly x 15
    • List
    #1 andrewkm, Aug 25, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2018
  2. block_crusher

block_crusher Prestige 6, Ex-Ecolegend, $ EcoLeader $
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VI ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +979
    What an amazing legacy!
    Even though we never spoke a bunch Jamie, I've always thought of you as both an amazing coder, and an awesome guy. Best of luck wherever you want your life to take you.

We love you @JamieSinn <3

3. rsdworker

rsdworker Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Resident ⚒️

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +60
    best luck for him - but one day he could come back so we wish him well in future

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  4. 314

314 Irratioπal President, former ServerAdmin
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +4,866
    Okay, now I feel really bad for breaking /own back then.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  5. alaingraham15

alaingraham15 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Builder ⚒️

Ratings:
    +6
    Such a beautiful story, so sad to see him retire

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  6. ClarinetPhoenix

ClarinetPhoenix She does what she wants.
    Owner Events Manager ECC Sponsor Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IX ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade Wiki Leader

Ratings:
    +5,380
    Jamie has been someone who I consider a friend. Although we didn't really know each other very well until he became the main Dev for ECC and I was SA and we started working together more.
    That in itself leaves many fun memories.
    I can definitely say that Jamie is someone who I look up to and admire and was even inspired by his dedication, knowledge and the legacy he's formed here on ECC.
    I applaud everything he's done for ECC and I thank him for everything he's done, what he's taught me, and how much he has impacted my life.

7. Scamazon

Scamazon monkey
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +2,157
    I've been on the forums here and there, never made a serious post since forever. I almost never get all that inspired nowadays, but Jamie's story has touched me; Now that I know how he came to become literally the backbone of ECC as a whole, there's no excuse for not saying thank you. Although ECC may not be at its peak as of today, I applaud you for the many things you have done to not only maintain the server, but also continuously improve the network every day. I applaud you on your constant dedication towards the ECC that brought me to such an amazing community. I wasn't there to see ECC grow from the start, but in the 1 year that I have played here you have been anything but unsuccessful. I can only wish you the best for your future, because I know you will succeed further.

~Marshmallow

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  8. soyuzpixel

soyuzpixel Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +826
    What a rollercoaster! You two better keep in touch.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  9. 12345shane

12345shane ρяєѕι∂єитιαℓ ρяαєтσя
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,132
    Shame seeing another oldie go away. Seems we're dropping like flies.
    Gonna miss Jamie, and the progress I'd see whenever I came back from my (months of) absence.
    Suppose nothing can last forever.
    ripperoni in pepperoni

10. FlyingIsOP

FlyingIsOP Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +208
    I thought it was against the rules to make goodbye posts.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
  11. rsdworker

rsdworker Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Resident ⚒️

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +60
    i believe andrewkm has maked a expection for this one

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1