Accepted [Main City Server Suggestion] Adjustment to shop rules/prices

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by EraNow, Nov 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EraNow

EraNow President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,311
    In Game Name:
    Iticip24
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    Main City Server
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Adjustment to shop rules/prices
    What are you suggesting:
    1. That the timeline of activity be removed (currently requires you to be online for 12 hours a week)
    2. We stagger the rent for shops. Big, prime shops pay $10k rent; smaller, less prime shops pay $5k rent.
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    1. Time requirements are for staff, not players who shouldn't have play-time requirements. That makes people not want to play.
    2. $10k/week is a hell of a lot for the small shops. They're at a significant disadvantage in terms of size and location. Again, making $10k in profit from a shop is very different from making $10k in revenue. If you sell 100 diamonds for $30, you're making $500 not $3000. These shops can't hold as many items for sale, aren't in as good of a location, and don't make nearly the same kind of money. Why is the rent the same?
    Other information:

Plugin or custom addition:

One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

2. AdmiralD

AdmiralD IsleTradingCo
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +4,290
    I do wonder exactly how much work will be involved to monitor the shop owners time. It seems it was hard enough to even keep the archive shop rule of 8 signs. Wouldn't that time be better spent scanning for those that use cheats?
    I have never understood the price structure. If you want to keep the shops active, I believe that keeping the 4 main, large shops at 10k per week and lower the smaller, off market shops to 5k like Billy said. That will also have the additional benefit of keeping the shops active imho.

#2 AdmiralD, Nov 12, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
  3. Chundi_Jr

Chundi_Jr Ex-Rebecca
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VII ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,994
    +0 to the activity rules (doesn't really affect me but I can see where you are coming from)
    +1 to lowering the "second row" shops to 5k. The 4 main shops are immediately down the stairs from spawn and immediately accessible from /warp market. And imo, the size difference alone is enough to justify paying a higher price.

4. xHigh420x

xHigh420x ECC Sponsor
    ECC Sponsor Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +46
    +1 I completely agree. It doesn't seem logical to have smaller shops that are off to the side the same price monthly as larger shops right in the middle. It's bad enough that the side shops are smaller. Then you add in the fact that they aren't on the same level as the large shops. You can hardly even see that there are shops on the side due to how far they are sunk down. If the smaller shops are staying at 10k/mo then they need to raise them to the same level as the other shops or lower the larger shops to the same level as the small shops. It's nearly impossible to see the shops off to the side, of the side shops. You are paying the same fee for a shop no one can see compared to a larger shop that is highly visible and will obviously get more traffic.... it just doesn't make sense.

#4 xHigh420x, Nov 14, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
  5. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.