Denied Make /BalTop Available For Everyone

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by kconahan, Apr 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kconahan

kconahan Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +279
    This is inspired by another post about baltop on VMR. I have always wanted to be able to see /baltop on the main server. I have never really fully understood why we can’t use it. I have asked senior staff many times and the answer is always “to preserve players privacy.” While I dont really understand this, this is the reason always given.

One of my favorite things to do in real life is google famous people’ s net worths. I think it would be so cool to be able to fo this in game too. I think it could add a new level of competitiveness to the server: Who is the richest?

To preserve players privacy if they desired it i suppose you could design an opt out system so that you could do something such as /baltop [hide] to hide your baltop from other players. Anyways I think this would be really cool, I hope it gets taken into consideration.

P.S. I would totally pay for the ability to use this if it was introduced as a donor feature and I think many others would too. Just a thought.

#1 kconahan, Apr 26, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
  2. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,270
    I feel This could cause some problems, especially in regard to debts.

Also, would you want some stranger to know how much you have irl?

Plus, the reason it’s in VMR is so people could see where they stand/how far back they are in the weekly competition.

I see no positive with /baltop in main, or even skyblock. This seems like a “we COULD do it” suggestion versus a “we SHOULD do it”

#2 Jdawger, Apr 26, 2018
  3. JamieSinn

JamieSinn Retired Lead Administrator/Developer
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +4,588
    Nope.

40+ reasons to list.
    #1 is privacy
    #2 is lag
    #3 is there is literally no need.
    etc.

Regarding googling net worths, those are ESTIMATES, and cannot be validated. Baltop is someones 100% liquid asset.

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
    #3 JamieSinn, Apr 26, 2018
  4. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    Adding one more thing here to this denied suggestion. If you think you will see users “net worth” via /baltop you are horribly mistaken.

Users hide money in trade signs, shops, alt accounts, and specifically the forum bank.

/baltop means nothing lol.

The only true “/baltop” for “networth” are through special custom made tools only Jamie and I can use. The only other people that will have access to this information are Server Admins.

#4 andrewkm, Apr 27, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.