Mob stacking problem

Discussion in 'Help & Support / Errors & Bugs' started by OryxTheMadGod, May 6, 2018.

1. OryxTheMadGod

OryxTheMadGod Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Builder ⚒️

Ratings:
    +0
    The new plugin (Mob Stacking) causes any multiple of the same mob next to each other to become 1 entity that will spawn another on death.

Let's just make this simple, that makes it near impossible to do some challenges like get 3 witches at once, or 5 creepers, or Protect the Innocent!

I'd say either keep it on for passive mobs, but turn it off for hostiles
    -OR-
    Allow the owner of the island to toggle it on/off

2. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    The mob stacking plugin will NEVER be removed from ECC and we will NEVER allow toggling.
    If you have suggestions pertaining to challenges please use https://ecocitycraft.com/suggestions
    These decisions are set in stone.

#2 andrewkm, May 6, 2018
    Last edited: May 6, 2018
  3. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    Mobs now start stacking at 10 as opposed to 5.
    This fixes challenges that require anywhere between 1-5 mobs to complete.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  4. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    Mob stacking starts again at 5 as before.
    Instead, the mob challenge requirements have now been lowered from 5 mobs to 3.

#4 andrewkm, May 7, 2018
    Last edited: May 7, 2018
  5. Ladyvamptress

Ladyvamptress Bloodlust Ex-EcoLegend
    ECC Sponsor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,184
    @Paragon_OfVirtue is having an issue with doing challenges due to the mob stacking. Just tagging her incase she wants to explain what’s happening to her.

6. Paragon_OfVirtue

Paragon_OfVirtue Resident
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +129
    Thanks @Ladyvamptress

I needed to do the walking dead challenge.(again!)

I had 10 zombies fall down the mob grinder, as one 10x stack, and the challenge wouldn't work.

I did get it down to 1 zombie, but when the next one fell, it stacked into 2.
    (no screenshot)

7. Ladyvamptress

Ladyvamptress Bloodlust Ex-EcoLegend
    ECC Sponsor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,184
    Ok, I had some time to go over my challenges today. I had to redo “the walking dead” and the “save the innocent” challenges. When I first went to my mob grinder, I too had clumps of stacked mobs dropping. I killed all the stacked mobs cause if you leave any behind they will try to stack with other mobs. After a lengthy wait 3 zombie fell for me to do the walking dead challenge. I wish I would have brought a villager to the grinder with me, as I could have done save the innocent challenge too at that time, but by the time I got a villager and came back to do that challenge, the zombies stacked. I had to, once again, kill them all off and wait for new single zombies to drop and it took a long time

So the challenges are doable, you just have to kill off any mob that was in a stack and wait. I notice this plugin gets in the way a lot of the time, but there are ways around it, like shearing sheep. It’s so hard to shear sheep now when they are stacked, but if you put wheat in your off hand and move around while shearing them, it becomes easy again. Just get creative and be patient. ;)