Denied Monthly Fee's for Bonuses?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by FamilyFurst, Dec 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FamilyFurst

FamilyFurst Ecc King of Koopa's
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +141
    Familyfurst

I am not sure how the server is doing financially, and the people helping keep it alive so I have thought of this idea, which of course, can be tweaked, critiqued, as seen fit.

I am thinking of offering a low monthly subscription thing, possibly 9.99$ a month, consistent renewals might get bonuses. Now, what I am unsure of, is what these bounties could, and I am still fairly unfamiliar with a lot of pricing of items.

Possibly go with the incoming crates idea? Each month, a sub has a chance to get a crate, with a rng placed upon great, good, okay, crap. Because well, they cannot all be "amazing".

Great Chest has high chance of a star, or a plethora of nstars/exp/other very rare, useful items. Make this box have a like 5-10% chance?

And so forth and blah blah.

Why this system or subscription? Well, it could pave way to possibly hiring, if needed, an extra coder to help further the game at a quicker rate, which benefits everyone involved. It doesn't give anyone a real technical advantage, just means you might get cool stuff. This could also pave way for future games, servers added to Ecc, and give a small advantage, or a cool command that could help with certain thing, but not necessarily make it where if you don't have it, you have no chance.

I hope everyone can see where I am going, I just think an idea that the cost is low, so people can probably buy it for others, which benefits the server side, but players get that "Omg" before they open their chest, even tho many will be let down I would imagine because we all expect to find the best, but I think that type of rush would be amazing.

2. LaggyTryHard

LaggyTryHard ♛Exalted Builder♛
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +964
    +1 Sounds like fun, a monthly mystery box

3. OppyStoppy

OppyStoppy Pain
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +636
    yeah this could be cool!

4. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    Our assortment of features and items available for purchase is insanely extensive. It's mind blowing how much we actually have. Acquiring all the stuff we over would put your purchase total at about $4,300. Only one person has achieved this in ECC history. @freddyagogo. We are doing absolutely fine financially, and giving out a subscription with monthly potential winnings will just make those who do not benefit feel down and cancel. It would just be pointless clutter and spam. Not worth it to me, and not worth it to the buyers.

TL;DR = We are doing great financially. We are doing great in the development department. We don't need to hire absolutely anyone.

The reason many things are pushed back are due to me having far more things going on IRL. I am not willing to, nor will I ever be willing to have a co-owner fully in my place. As well, I will never sell the server. Therefore, it will always be me. I simply don't trust absolutely anyone to do things in my place (decision wise) as I've managed this community for 7 years, and throwing somebody else on board in my place has the potential to make this whole server go down in flames.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    #4 andrewkm, Dec 15, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2023
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.