Named villagers still stack (Skyblock)

Discussion in 'Help & Support / Errors & Bugs' started by Natelev, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Natelev

Natelev Skyblock Mod
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $1,031,351
    Ratings:
    +290
    Minecraft Username: Natelev

Brief Description: Giving villagers unique names doesn't prevent them from stacking sometimes. I only noticed this while renting someone else's villager spawner, and I'm not sure if this occurs with naturally bred villagers.

Instructions:
    1. Use a villager spawner to spawn multiple villagers of the same profession
    2. Use nametags to give some villagers unique names, and leave other villagers unnamed
    3. Continue spawning villagers until there are enough villagers of the same profession to form a stack
    4. Wait for a while, and all the named and unnamed villagers will combine into a stack anyway.

How many times did you recreate this?:
    I've recreated this with two separate professions/stacks

Result:
    All villagers of the same profession eventually combined into a stack, including ones with unique names.

Expected Result:
    Villagers without a unique name from the same profession should have combined into a stack, while villagers with unique names should have remained separate from any stacks.

Evidence:
    I don't have evidence right now, but when I asked about this in global multiple people said that uniquely named villagers still stack sometimes, so this is obviously a known issue in skyblock.

#1 Natelev, Sep 19, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
  2. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    I've reported this to the mob stacking developer and am aware of the exact issue and what's causing it.

However, I highly doubt this will be fixed prior to SkyBlock Season 3, as we cannot update our SkyBlock server to 1.13.1 due to the new SkyBlock plugin getting a total revamp. I don't expect the new SkyBlock plugin to be ready prior to 2019. As such, due to our stacking plugin already receiving the update to 1.13.1 - we are kind of stuck until SkyBlock gets pushed to 1.13.1 as well.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    #2 andrewkm, Sep 19, 2018
  3. Natelev

Natelev Skyblock Mod
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $1,031,351
    Ratings:
    +290
    I decided to post this because of that suggestion you denied for disabling villager stacking.
    If there's no way this can be fixed in the near future, would you reconsider disabling villager stacking and placing some kind of limit on spawning villagers to prevent lag? Maybe a villager limit per chunk, or a limit on how many villagers a spawner can spawn if there are a certain number of living villagers around? Otherwise, unless villagers are all physically separated, this ruins villager spawning since any "good" villagers will eventually stack and lose their trades.
    I'd guess that most players would prefer some kind of spawning limit with villager stacking disabled, instead of the current situation.

#3 Natelev, Sep 19, 2018
  4. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    We will not be disabling villager stacking.
    At this time, during server restarts, named villagers will re-stack. We must wait until Season 3 to properly fix this.

PS: Villager stacking still obeys professions.

#4 andrewkm, Sep 20, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2018