Denied [Network Wide Suggestion] A Chat for Help

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by MrDaniel_TX, Nov 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrDaniel_TX

MrDaniel_TX Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +2
    In Game Name:
    MrDaniel_TX
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    Network Wide
    Short title for your suggestion:
    A Chat for Help
    What are you suggesting:
    I am suggesting that you add a chat named help where newbies and other not so experienced players can ask questions to the more experienced ones.
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    I think that this would be a good addition to EcoCityCraft because it can help in a lot of ways. One of the ways is that new players get to get instant help since the people listening to the channel (aka haven't done /mute to it) will get better feedback and since the new players can do /mute to the channel themselves when they aren't asking anything we don't get any possibly incorrect feedback. It would also help casual players tidy up global and can chat and moderators can pay more attention.
    Other information:
    A shortcut to /ch help should be /ch h (in my opinion) and should be included when you do /help
    Plugin or custom addition:
    Custom Addition
    One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

2. zevzero

zevzero Member
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoMaster ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,847
    Global serves this purpose fine? I feel like if there were a channel for help, more players would mute it, leaving the player worse off.

In the occasion that no one listens to someone in global asking for help, I don’t think that people will jump into help chat to assist them. If any staff are online, it’s their responsibility to help out the user, and they shouldn’t need to have a whole separate channel for this in order to be better organized.

As for keeping global chat clear, I feel like the helper/staff member would bring it into /pm if it get gets to that point. Which is very rare. Usually it’s just one or two questions.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
    #2 zevzero, Nov 13, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2018
  3. Awesomah

Awesomah Me make big moni
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +98
    Not really

That's their responsibility, i hope not many people do that

As someone who has asked for help several times in chat (most of them being related to EcoCityCraft special plugins), i can optimistically and unfortunately say that staff members tend to not reply to someone requesting help in chat in around 40% of the time. I'm assuming they are aware of the fact that they must go /vanish whenever they are afk but they either dont do that or just dont care about doing their job.

In my opinion something must be done to this staff-team-not-being-so-helpful problem. Otherwise, i agree with /ch help being added.

4. zevzero

zevzero Member
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoMaster ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,847
    so how would adding a help channel fix this? There is no plugin that will change people’s behaviour and cause them to help 100% of the time. Most people see player’s questions in global and simply choose not to answer. That’s just how it is.

it’s a behaviour issue and not an issue with the chat system.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  5. MrDaniel_TX

MrDaniel_TX Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +2

I don't agree with that statement. I think that ECC really kind of lacks online players for towns to actually have interaction. I think that if new players get a special chat where they can ask for help from the more experienced ones and have special attention. It would really help them get into ECC and have a more pleasant first experience
    ZevZero, I kind of agree with Awesomah, and me, as a European I don't see much staff online when I'm online. I think that we can't get it 100% of the time but we can certainly improve it by adding a special sound (that you can disable of course) when a person asks a question.

Based on your guy's feedback I have come up with a solution. I think that it should be so that a person can do /ch help [message] and it would play the sound and then if you are in the channel normally (/ch help) it wouldn't play the sound.

^^ Let me know what you guys think

#5 MrDaniel_TX, Nov 13, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2018
  6. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    Not needed.
    Would cause extra headache for staff making it seem like they must always monitor the channel.

Just ask in global, we don’t even hit 100 players.
    If we had 500+ this would be considerable.

Ask in global and the community will gladly help you, not just staff, or file a ticket here https://ecocitycraft.com/help - the forums is much better as you’ll get dozens of detailed responses to easy questions, especially from @314 :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.