Denied [Network Wide Suggestion] Let MC:PE players join us!

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by freddyagogog, Jul 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. freddyagogog

freddyagogog Ex-SMod
    ECC Sponsor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +512
    In Game Name:
    freddyagogo
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    Network Wide
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Let MC : PE players join us!
    What are you suggesting:
    To install and run a Server Version/Mod so we can get way too more players joining us from Minecraft : Pocket Edition!
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    We could get a TON more of players, remember people, kids mostly play on their iPads most of the day now, let's give them a chance to join us!
    Other information:
    It's just installing 1 Server Version/Mod, that merges both versions, Minecraft PE (Lastest) and Minecraft PC (Lastest), you have the ability to choose the versions by downloading older versions!
    Plugin or custom addition:
    One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
    #1 freddyagogog, Jul 5, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2018
  2. 314

314 Irratioπal President, former ServerAdmin
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $18,000,000
    Ratings:
    +4,860
    Putting that video author's condescending answers to repetitive questions aside:

ECC is most likely never going to allow offline mode due to security issues, so all Bedrock Edition players are going to need a valid Java Edition license. Out of curiosity: How many people use both the BE and JE? And even then they might as well join via the JE, so IMO it's not going to open up any new player bases.

I haven't looked at the Github code, so I have absolutely no idea how the library works. However, I'm curious how the proxy deals with version-specific features. (Example: "Sea Pickles - Version exclusive: Player does not collide with it.")

However, here's something I'm curious about that only Jamie or andrew can answer: How many of ECC's plugins work on the protocol level? If that number isn't zero, I guess that might cause a few interesting bugs. I'll admit that I haven't compared the Pocket Edition protocol and the Java Edition protocol yet.

Lastly:
    Players already have to deal with false positives from anticheat, combining that with the proxy might yield... interesting results.

3. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,269
    I'm not going to be as in depth or technical as pi was, but realistically, how many new players would we get from PE?

I'm always down for more new players in ECC, but if the reward is not worth the amount of effort, why attempt it?

4. freddyagogog

freddyagogog Ex-SMod

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +512
    @314 you have some points but @Jdawger you spend less than 1 minute doing the config.yml, not work at all, just restarting the proxy server and you would be good to go.

5. Jdawger

ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,269
    Gotcha. Yeah, im not too knowledgeable with proxy, so thank you for explaining

6. Scamazon

Scamazon monkey
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +2,157
    Is the combat system going to be compatible

7. freddyagogog

freddyagogog Ex-SMod

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +512
    It is

8. OniFox_

OniFox_ Long live Valaria
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ EcoMaster ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +571
    I'm not sure if this would work but if it did that would be cool.

9. freddyagogog

freddyagogog Ex-SMod

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +512
    I have tested it and it works perfectly fine.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  10. Jdawger

Ratings:
    +3,269
    Even with a multiple server ip such as ECC?

11. OlympiansAreGods

OlympiansAreGods Building Fanatic
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,755
    My main concern would be new players not getting the general help they need due to staff not knowing how PE works.. Which is not a major problem, but it would cause disruption.

#11 OlympiansAreGods, Jul 6, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
  12. freddyagogog

freddyagogog Ex-SMod

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +512
    Yes. The multiple IPs are not a single problem due to we have a server selector and we basically change the IP/Server in-game with a simple command, when you connect to the server using MC:pE, you basically connect to the translated version of Minecraft Java edition using an IP of a Proxy translated server (DragonetProxyMC) you will only connect and then start running your commands once you are in, and about BungeeCord there's still no problem at all.

13. freddyagogog

freddyagogog Ex-SMod

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +512
    Staff could easily lookup on YouTube/Google, and I say this from a personal experience. Also if this gets implemented one day I will manage it so we all can use a mail so we can download the game for free. Or at least staff if let to.

14. JamieSinn

JamieSinn Retired Lead Administrator/Developer
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +4,588
    Zero are compatible. We use protocol level code in about half of our custom plugins.

Regarding the suggestion - this is something we've been keeping an eye on for quite some time. There does not exist a bridge between the two yet, and it doesn't look like there will be one for a very very long time.
    This specific hack is just that, a hack. I'm not going to be modding the server for something that will cause major issues.

Unfortunately, this specific suggestion is denied.

15. JamieSinn

JamieSinn Retired Lead Administrator/Developer
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +4,588
    @freddyagogo - to elaborate a bit more of why we won't ever use this "plugin/proxy" since I wrote that post from my phone.

The way that the proxy is designed is to bypass auth for anyone joining on the dragon proxy. This means anyone, without authentication can log into ECC.
    There will never be a time where we allow that. Simply because of security and sanity.

The nature of something like this is that it ignores that the two versions of minecraft are out of sync. This means that any blocks that are not in MC:pE - will show as broken on their phone. The handling of PVP is different, the handling of placing blocks is different. The entire protocol itself is different.
    There are far too many differences for me to comfortably say there would be no issues.

Now. Regarding MC:pE in general. There exists servers for PE specifically, such as MiNet which I've considered looking into running as an experiment. Servers like that are completely separate, and would need to have a chat bridge of some sort coded in - which is a massive undertaking. This means completely rewriting the chat system I've already re-written once for the network, and expand it to direct socket connections to other endpoints. Something like this is a bit extreme, and would remove a lot of time from our workflow.

Unfortunately, there comes the other factor of Mojang/Microsoft. ECC is perma-blacklisted in their eyes for creating the squidmc project, and teaching others how to do the SRV bypass. Because of this, we regularily have to rotate IP's and circumvent the blacklist.

The authentication for PE goes through Microsoft's servers, specifically to Xbox Live. Somewhere already set up for banning networks and infrastructure. The sad reality is that unless we got access to the actual Bedrock server system (Like Mineplex or Hypixel) we can't venture into the foray of PE.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  16. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,056
    What he said ^

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.