Opinions on city building materials

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by strongpelt, Jun 9, 2016.

1. strongpelt

strongpelt ~*Alaskan Sponsor*~
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IV ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,065
    Hello fellow ecocitycraft players! I have a very important question for you guys! What should someone make giant skyscraper buildings out of for a city themed town? I was thinking stone personally, with a few other materials mixed in of course. I was just wondering if you guys have any better suggestions? I know cobble towers look awful so cobbles not an option. And solid glass would be nightmarish. Please let me know what you feel would go well for a big city themed town! Preferably cheapish. So no solid iron buildings.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  2. Drewbo_

Drewbo_ Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Smooth stone

3. Reincarnated_

Reincarnated_ Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +1,333
    Black wool looks nice

4. Crezarius

Crezarius Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +32
    Everything. Different materials for different buildings. too much of the same looks bland. I would start out with smooth stone and the like simple because its an inexpensive start but down the road with more money, expand into buildings of wool, clay and even stuff like quartz and so on.

If your curious about a semi complete skyscraper town, my town /warp awesometopia has over 30 to check out.

I do have two solid glass buildsings by the way. The first was a clear one and doesn't look that greay :/ the second is blue and has coal decorating the exterior as columns, that one looks alright. Glass can be done but its not super easy.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
    #4 Crezarius, Jun 9, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2016
  5. ScopicX

ScopicX Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +854
    My fav picks:

-Quartz
    -Cyan or Black Clay
    -Other clay, however only use if making something semi-modern. Best for prebuilts.
    -Color Wool
    -Stained Glass
    -Prismarine
    -Ice/Packed Ice

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. strongpelt

strongpelt ~*Alaskan Sponsor*~
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IV ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,065
    I meant itd be nightmarish to remove it if i ever needed to xD.
    Also i love your town, but im sad to see its been done xD You have a lot of things i was planning on doing. the plane was like at the top of my list to. was surprised to see one in yours. Only thing i think im gonna do different is have a bit more bland colors, most citys have lights to add color and not the buildings themselves. although i do love your town! er, or should i say city? xD

7. steveshizzle

steveshizzle Resident
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +2,035
    Stained clay. Pick a color scheme of three different colors with at least one being a neutral color. I like to go with black, white, and red because it gives it a neat modern look but also with a splash of color. I would avoid quartz except for decorations or accents, don't use it exclusivley because it's expensive af. Granite/andesite or granite/diorite offer good contrasts too and spruce planks and stone slabs are good for flooring

8. MatthewStevenGo

MatthewStevenGo Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Resident ⚒️

EcoDollars:
    $8,309
    Ratings:
    +571
    Try to make it fancy by adding the smooth andesite (or diorite) as a flooring.

#8 MatthewStevenGo, Jun 10, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2016