Original Eula from Microsoft

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by AndreDaGamer, Aug 16, 2016.

1. AndreDaGamer

AndreDaGamer Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +13
    Athos you stole my sword weeks ago but at least I got it back

2. AndreDaGamer

AndreDaGamer Builder

Ratings:
    +13
    But if Mojang bans us then they ban their most popular server so they lose about 25% of their customers

3. AndreDaGamer

AndreDaGamer Builder

Ratings:
    +13
    Well I meant Servers because they have perks like us and 25% of servers have perks

4. Athos03

Athos03 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +15
    Most servers won't get blacklisted, question is not what you do but how you do it. First I thought going against the EULA would be the right approach but I changed my mind when features were removed from the game and made store exclusive. Mojang doesn't forbid selling memberships or subscriptions, not for 1,100 or 1000 Dollar...read through the EULA, read what Mojang answered to users and the several clarifications they made on this and you will understand it. They are right, the others are wrong...well, I was, too as it turned out but I couldn't see it coming what happened here.

Another thing they try to sell as truth: Mojang changed the EULA rapidly (most say 2 months ago) and put pressure on servers since then...that's a lie, they changed the EULA in Aug. 2014 and started pushing it through ~2 months ago. So there was enough time to adapt and ECC was 99% EULA compatible.

If you drop stuff in places where other players stand around this may happen by accident. So please stop posting crap like that.

#24 Athos03, Aug 21, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
  5. Expipiplusone

Expipiplusone Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +778
    Then what would you have to do how would you have to do anything to get blacklisted? I don't understand, could you please explain better?

6. Athos03

Athos03 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +15
    I don't understand why people refuse to read things that affect them in the end and prefer to believe in words of mouth instead. Here's Mojangs clearest statement regarding this.

They started to go against two things recently voting reards and unbans. While it's OK that they won't allow server owners to charge players for unbans they overdid it with voting rewards, although they are not cosmetic everybody can earn them free of charge by voting.

7. Expipiplusone

Expipiplusone Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +778
    Then I'm confused, why did you write:
    Most servers do reward votes, therefore blacklist is unavoidable.
    And what you said is in contrast with what Andrew said and did: for what I can tell, he first tried to mace ECC EULA compliant removing features from buycraft; only after they prohibited voting rewards he sent them to hell. And once we're blacklisted, f**k yeah, let's put features back on buycraft. It seems to make total sense.

8. Athos03

Athos03 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +15
    Right (but it's a question of a personal or serverwide reward in the end). I would bet Mojang realized they overdid it at that point in the meantime, because the shitstorm from the playerbase would be gigantic IF they really push this rule through. They may give a shit on server owners but they fear the players and they will be very angry if the serverowner tells them he has to take away their daily candies because Mojang said so.

9. AndreDaGamer

AndreDaGamer Builder

Ratings:
    +13
    Every Server Has to Give Their Rewards/Currency for Voting because Every Server says Every Vote Counts So they "Get More Popular So They Get More People and to them People = $ for them so they buy Cosmetics and they give advantages to paying Players by Buying Perks

10. MoistKelpy

MoistKelpy Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +21
    So why did you feel the need to post this exactly? And why did you post the same thing twice on different days....

#30 MoistKelpy, Aug 25, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
  11. AndreDaGamer

AndreDaGamer Builder

Ratings:
    +13
    Some people didn't Realize about it

12. MoistKelpy

MoistKelpy Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +21
    It's not like this thread gave it any recognition. If people didn't know that this was happening they probably don't care and they'll just use SquidHQ once the server gets blacklisted. Then they'll look up what SquidHQ is because they're afraid that their account will be stolen then they would find out what's happening. You didn't even inform anyone all you did was post an EULA that wasn't even for Minecraft and I doubt they would take the time to read it.

#32 MoistKelpy, Aug 25, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
  13. purplelegoender

purplelegoender [⚜EcoLegend⚜][⚜Philosopher⚜][⚜RogueDivision⚜]
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +5,062
    Well to make it short, its best that you know about something before it happens. Jamie even said this, its a preparation for when we actually do get blacklisted and maybe AndreDaGamer wanted to alert everyone about it, doesn't matter if anyone read it or not. Its here to be here for when the blacklisting happens in which andrewkm is bypassing right now and will continue to do so until they figure out whats going on. Although I do understand you're reasoning for this as I read and write this at the same time so I have and inconclusive feelings about this but someone does care as people have been replying to it, someone will always post on a thread even if they don't mean to care about it though posting on it shows that you do care about it in some sort of way either with hatred or positive meanings.

14. Jess_T_Jericho

Jess_T_Jericho Builder

Ratings:
    +317
    Whoever has time to read all that crap has a lot of time on their hands lol