Page Needed: Auction Tutorial

Discussion in 'ECC Wiki Team & User Submissions' started by Nicit6, Sep 1, 2015.

1. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    We need an auction tutorial and I can't seem to find one.

I know a few have been looking for a project, perhaps heres one for you.

2. TaylorBros22

TaylorBros22 ***Ex-EcoLegend***
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +2,226
    I'd be happy to write something for this, maybe @Mission001 would like to help? If needs be we can do it through forum inbox then actually publish it? @Nicit6

3. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    I'm actually kind of hoping one the members who hasn't been able to find much to do will take it on :p

Otherwise yeah feel free, or use this section to draft it.

4. TaylorBros22

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +2,226
    I'll write up my draft on word, then put it here if no-one else wants it

5. TaylorBros22

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +2,226
    Here is my draft, feel free to use it as a base and change it up if anything is wrong/grammatical/spelling things.

The complete guide to auctioning your items!

Unsure how to use our new(ish) auction plugin? Well here’s the tutorial you’ll need!

The basic command:

/auction start <amount> <price> [increment] [autowin]

What does this do?

<amount> is the amount of the item you want to sell. For example if I had 32 stone to sell, I would need the stone in my hand and type the number ‘32’ here.

<price> is what price you want to sell the item for, usually slightly above server sell price. For example, if I was selling my 32 stone, I would probably put 4.00 here. The minimum bid is the starting price.

[increment] is optional, it is how much the bids go up in, it could be 1’s, 5’s, 10’s even 1’000’s!(This must be lower than the start price).

[autowin] is also optional, it is a price that can be set that the item sells for, regardless of how much time there is left.

/auction info: This command tells you what is in auction and what is being sold.

Oh no! You’ve auctioned the wrong thing! Don’t worry, just use the command /auction cancel and it cancels the current auction. Phew!

If your auction doesn’t start straight away it means someone else has something currently in there. Just use the command /auction queue to see what place your auction is.

/ch auction is the channel you’ll need to bid on auctions! Of course you can leave this channel, just do /ch leave auction. Don’t want the spammy auction messages? Just do /auction spam and it makes auction chat nice and tidy.

You’ve seen an item you want to buy, but you need to bid to win! You need to use the command /auction bid <amount> to place your bid!

Now to the information overload part! (I suggest you read this, I am not responsible if your auction goes wrong!)

There is no taxes on auctions! Yay! You get all the money and not a cent is taken from the auction. An auction will last 60 seconds, you cannot change this.

If you don’t use a bid increment, the default will be used, which is $50, however the minimum you can set it is $10. There is also a maximum bid increment (sorry!) which is $100,000. We also have a minimum and maximum start price, which is $10 minimum and $1,000,000 maximum.

Like anything else in ECC, the auction plugin has rules, and we also have rules for the people using it, which are listed below:

Auction Plugin rules:

- Owned items cannot be auctioned

- Damaged items cannot be auctioned, so go get a e-rep on that tool before you auction it

- You need to be in the main worlds to start an auction, it will not work in SG, sorry folks.

- 3 auctions in a queue, just wait if there is already 3 in that queue

- Auctions can only be cancelled in the first 10 seconds

- Anti-snipe will activate once per auction adding 15 seconds on, should there be a last minute snipe!

Auction Plugin Community rules:

- You must use the auction plugin, any auction held in the old auction channel will be cancelled by staff. You can, however use the old auction channel to discuss anything currently in auction.

- Auctions can be advertised in /ch tr, but the usual trade rules apply

- There is to be absolutely no troll auctions, this includes but is not limited to: Auctions for 1 dirt, 1 stone etc, auctions with extreme start prices/bid increments.

If you have any questions please get in touch with me (TaylorBros22) or another staff member, we don’t bite!

6. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6

Ratings:
    +8,058
  7. TaylorBros22

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +2,226
  8. TaylorBros22