Please Don't Take It Personally If I Have You Ignored

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AdmiralD, Aug 1, 2017.

1. AdmiralD

AdmiralD IsleTradingCo
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +4,290
    I actually have never ignored any other player due to personal issues as I love everyone who plays here (okay, some more than others :) )
    That said, due to the the chat becoming extremely busy due to the amount of the players using macro-mod and the new fad of using pm color or completely filling my chat bar with one post, I have been forced to ignore many players... even my best buddies :-(
    Please do not take it personally. You are welcome to contact me here on the forum anytime or in game you are able to mail me (if server allows this, not sure). If I were to ever really have a player I want to ignore for personal reasons (been here 4 years and has never happened) I would notify you by forum pm or mail.

tl:dr: Old man Grampa alert here - can't keep up with chat without ignoring some of you.
    Also, does anyone know if I ignore a staff member, are they still able to override if necessary to contact me? I have never ignored a staff member because I respect and appreciate every single one of them but it is a consideration.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  2. strongpelt

strongpelt ~*Alaskan Sponsor*~
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IV ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,065
    Tested this a tad bit, Only it was another staff member that ignored me for the test. Ignored me like any other user using ignore would. But, If we had to contact you we could contact another staff member to do it.

Though I have to ask just out of curiosity, has my trade ad macro been distracting to you? I try to keep mine basic and not so obnoxious lol.

3. AdmiralD

AdmiralD IsleTradingCo

Ratings:
    +4,290
    Thank you for testing this out for me. Are ignored members still allowed to mail in game? I still want players to be able to contact me but hate to completely leave chat channels.
    I will admit that your ads are what I consider to be "my red line" most of the time :p. I don't ignore you but do consider it sometimes... perhaps if you were not staff and I did not appreciate you as much as I do? :roflmao:

4. strongpelt

strongpelt ~*Alaskan Sponsor*~
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IV ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,065
    Test proved interesting. The person sending the mail doesnt know anythings wrong, however you wont receive the mail.

EDIT: Upon undoing ignore you get the mail. Interesting.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    #4 strongpelt, Aug 1, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
  5. Mission001

Mission001 Ex-EcoLegend HⱻặĐHůƞẗǝɍ
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $495
    Ratings:
    +6,478
    I see you have taken a big step and joined discord.
    Maybe the next step is to install the macro mod. Not to join the Auto Traders, but you can constantly ignore Shouts, Trade Channel, Trivia Channel and People without it ever resetting?
    :p

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
    #5 Mission001, Aug 1, 2017
  6. SirChilledMrHobo

Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +215
    If you decide to install the marco mod, which requires light loader, might as well simply install tabbychat. Reworks the chat system, you simply select which channel you want to listen to.

Link to help you install:
    https://www.ecocitycraft.com/forum/...cromod-tabbychat-yet-another-tutorial.156387/

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  7. CamS99584

CamS99584 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +6
    "Please Don't Take It Personally If I Have You Ignored"

nobody cares

8. Krobkins

Krobkins Mєgαмιηєя
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +408
    Hi Mister D! Once you install the macro mod (mining) it will change your life forever. Honestly, it's that good:D I'm on Discord now too - us old folks have to stick together! Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks? I hardly ever remember to open it but i have it :thumbsdown:

9. Ladyvamptress

Ladyvamptress Bloodlust Ex-EcoLegend
    ECC Sponsor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,184
    @AdmiralD and @Krobkins, you two are too dear! As stated, macros are taking over and you can use them to advantage.

@Mission001 has become very savvy with them as he uses the one to block certain people. He loves how it doesn't reset every month, says it's perfect. As for the one Krobkins is talking about, I think she means the auto-tool switcher. That thing is just lovely, a must have as I don't mine without it. Macros can be a really great thing to have and you have several people here who are more than willing to walk you through and help you install things. :) I wish you luck in setting thing up the way you'd like them!

If I am one you have ignored, please let me know (can do so privately) so I am aware that I'll need to forum pm you if I need to speak with you. I don't mind at all if you ignore me, I completely understand old timer. ;)

#9 Ladyvamptress, Aug 1, 2017
  10. jmichael214

jmichael214 Back Again, Apparently
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,837
    Wait to post until you have something accurate, useful or clever to say. This ... was not your day on any of those counts.

I tend to think that most of the really over-the-top messages are in trade chat, so I just turn off trade chat automatically now. I can see how it would be a problem if that's a channel you want to be in, though.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • List
    #10 jmichael214, Aug 1, 2017
  11. Krobkins

Krobkins Mєgαмιηєя

Ratings:
    +408
    Lady, Yes I meant the auto tool switcher - is that part of the macro thingy? Of course I don't know how to set it up - Miner always does that for me. I watched him a couple of times but it's just waaaaaaaay too complicated for me.:smuggrin:

• List
  12. AdmiralD

AdmiralD IsleTradingCo

Ratings:
    +4,290
    I see you have a funny bone Mission... that is good and can be useful for you someday, I hope ;)
    I had just figured out Skype (sort of) and then they all went to Discord. I did finally get it installed but really have only used it a few times and not really sure how it works either (xpure walked me thru setting up for America and ECC).
    I keep thinking my son will visit me from Tennessee and help me set it up, however, that has not happened. :arghh:

13. AdmiralD

AdmiralD IsleTradingCo

Ratings:
    +4,290
    Thank you for your input @CamS99584 . As a matter of fact, the reason I posted this thread is that I have had friends of mine that I have ignored that did take it personally, thankfully in a friendly way. I care about them and how they feel.
    There is absolutely no rule that states you are required to read a post you do not care about. In fact, you are free to ignore me if that is your preference.

14. AdmiralD

AdmiralD IsleTradingCo

Ratings:
    +4,290
    Any chance Miner is taking a road trip to Indy anytime soon? :p

#14 AdmiralD, Aug 1, 2017
  15. AdmiralD

AdmiralD IsleTradingCo

Ratings:
    +4,290
    You are correct jmichael, trade does seem to be the worse. I used to just turn it off all the time as well, however, I really do enjoy meeting new players and helping those that need help with features.

16. Ladyvamptress

Ratings:
    +3,184
    You do not need someone there. I helped other not so savvy pc users set up their macros. Just shoot me or Mission a message when your ready (if you would like to start using macros) :)

17. Krobkins

Krobkins Mєgαмιηєя

Ratings:
    +408
    In a perfect world I could probably have set it up myself (well...probably not) but Miner is my "go to" guy on all things computer. I think I get lost at the page where you pick the one to download.:rolleyes: But Admiral, I'd definitely take Lady up on her kind offer - once you use the tool switcher you'll wonder how you ever lived without it.

18. 314

314 Irratioπal President, former ServerAdmin
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $27,000,000
    Ratings:
    +4,866
    Was this changed a while ago...? During my last test (a few months ago) /mail was sent immediately, therefore completely bypassing ignore.
    ^

Based on Pivillean's logs my ShoutIgnore macro is slowly becoming pretty useful, even though I can't/don't want to activate it.

I, too, recommend the tool switcher macro. :p

I'm curious about that one. Does it work with nicknames? If yes, does it work if the renamed player is vanished? Those are the reasons why I decided to stop developing such a macro a long time ago.

19. Ladyvamptress

Ratings:
    +3,184
    Yes, it's taken me a few times of installing it (and help from 314 and Mission) to get the installation right. :3

Silly pi. :p
    And I'm not sure as I don't have what Mission has installed. I'll tag him and let him answer. @Mission001

20. Mission001

Mission001 Ex-EcoLegend HⱻặĐHůƞẗǝɍ
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $495
    Ratings:
    +6,478
    Vanished Players yes
    It goes off of nicknames so you would have to ignore nicknames. Which could be a pain, but people do keep the majority of a nickname.
    You could work around it too potentially, for example, Ozzy changes his name but keeps the front of his name.
    So you could potentially ignore the word 'ozzy' and still work around the nicknames.

So it works for ignoring 95% of people, but always works for shouts trivia, trade etc.