Denied [POLL] [SkyBlock Block Value Adjustment] Kaslan

Discussion in 'Skyblock' started by Kaslan, May 12, 2018.

?

Make ICE worth 0.

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaslan

Kaslan Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Resident ⚒️

Ratings:
    +50
    In Game Name:
    Kaslan
    Which blocks would you like adjusted & to what amount:
    Ice and to 0 from 1.
    List the reasons you are adjusting each block:
    Ice is very easy to mass produce and it's potential to make ECD and gain levels are too OP.

A whole layer of Ice (220x220) will produce 193 levels.
    And after only 1 220x220 layer of any block the mass production of Ice takes little to no effort with how water behaves currently.
    Additional Information:
    Ice was previously banned to produce on AEM due to this specific reason. Anyone caught with ice (Other than the blocks you are given at the start to make an infinite water source) would be punished.

2. JokerBoss99

JokerBoss99 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +529
    I don’t see the problem as leaves are worth 1, I think it being a value of 1 is no problem, if someone wants to waste their time and make their island ugly for that then go at it, it’d be easier just to spam water and lava to make stone stacks for levels

3. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,056
    Need more discussion here to make a decision. Will wait a few days.

4. Kaslan

Kaslan Builder

Ratings:
    +50
    I disagree with pretty much everything here. Ice is much easier to deal with than both Leaves and cobble and it's less ugly than both.

To mass produce leaves you'll need dirt and loads of bonemeal, both rather rare resources.
    As for Cobble, it's more ugly and takes time for the lava to flow for 256 blocks downwards.

And believe me, people are more than willing to make their islands ugly for levels because some of them think that it's the whole point of skyblock (To gain levels as fast as possible no matter how ugly an island is.) an argument I very much disagree on.

Ice is by far the best way to mass produce levels and it's way too easy imo to do so.

5. LJKAzrael

LJKAzrael Freelancer | Ikigai
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +372
    I see the potential for ice to become an issue, but at 1 it is only slightly better than cobblestone. While it is easy to produce, those dedicated can do the same with cobble. There are very fast cobble generators; that cobble can be made into furnaces for a gain of 2 points (8 cobble at 1 point each making 1 furnace at 10 points). Furnaces can be placed en masse. A 63 block cube of furnaces would exceed island level 10,000.

6. 314

314 Irratioπal President, former ServerAdmin
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $20,000,000
    Ratings:
    +4,860
    However, you can't even create a full 8x8x8 cube of furnaces because they are tile entities and therefore limited to 500, i.e. a maximum of 20 levels instead of 10,000.

https://www.ecocitycraft.com/forum/wiki/skyblock-entity-limits

7. Kaslan

Kaslan Builder

Ratings:
    +50
    As 314 already pointed out that's impossible. But also cobble requires actual effort to be used in crafting. unlike Ice which the only purpose of currently is to gain levels easily.

8. Ladyvamptress

Ladyvamptress Bloodlust Ex-EcoLegend
    ECC Sponsor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,184
    I see no reason to lower ice to 0. Make it worth something so efforts aren’t wasted. No one wants to play a game that is too limited and too hard to get anywhere. I’ve seen people gain over 300 levels in just 30 min or less doing the lava to cobble thing. I’ve heard other people mass produced obby to get a ton of levels. Heck people use vines to get easy levels. There are many easy ways to gain levels, but at the end of the day, that’s the point.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  9. ajp79

ajp79 President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +912
    In my opinion you can create cobble almost as fast as ice unless I’m missing something... I’ve seen smooth stone generators that produce 5-6 stacks in a min just standing in one place. Granted it requires a silk pick, but to mass produce ice you really need the same and stone is worth 2 points.

Again maybe I’m missing something but I seriously never even thought of using ice since my stone generator does more with less effort. I’m confused as to why it is so OP? If that’s the case then stone and cobble are kinda OP as well by that logic.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  10. koko_2022

koko_2022 ECC Chairman
    ECC Chairman EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VI ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +688
    Ok so u say its easy to get well u need to 1 place the water then 2 u need to change biome which can mess up more shit and plus we have a cap of 15k/ hour so how would that make money easily, u can make that 15 levels easily without ice ? the levels factor well 2 bad it doesnt mean it should be made 0? 1 is pretty bad it was 5 b4 andrew ruined it (wc?)
    -1 for sure

#10 koko_2022, May 12, 2018
    Last edited: May 12, 2018
  11. Kaslan

Kaslan Builder

Ratings:
    +50
    Placing water and then changing biome is very easy yes, and you don't need to place water on all blocks on a layer, you literally only need to do it for 2 sides then the water automatically fills in the blanks.

The limit is 15k, but you can easily control how much ice you make per reward cycle. Also some people aren't going for ECD.

Stone requires you to break the block first to place it. Ice doesn't, Ice only requires a platform, and 2 water buckets to get you started. Incredibly simple and OP.

Umm pretty sure both Jamie and Andrew said that ECC is supposed to be hard.

Obby and Cobble are harder/more tedious to do than Ice and Vines take a very long time to grow and produce levels.

If the point of skyblock is to gain as many levels in as short of a time as possible then Skyblock is literally no fun. I can easily get the 15k island levels in almost a day or slightly longer. But that makes my island look ugly, and that's something I'm not willing to do.

This argument is moot imo.

12. Ladyvamptress

Ladyvamptress Bloodlust Ex-EcoLegend
    ECC Sponsor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,184
    And making things worthless and making it too hard also takes the fun out of it. Like koko said, the ice value was lowered to 1. It doesn’t need to be lowered further. In your suggestion you talk about how ice was banned on aem, but this is ecc and the value was recently lowered... give it some time and see how it goes at 1.

#12 Ladyvamptress, May 12, 2018
  13. ajp79

ajp79 President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +912
    I assume someone must be doing this and that is why it is a discussion?

Again... I’m confused as to how the use of Ice at 1 point is more OP then anything else... I would be curious to see an example of someone who may be using this technique. Do you make rows of “still” water and just break the rows of blocks in between and the repeat each level? Honestly that seems like the same amount of work to accomplish as anything else I’ve seen being done.

The realality is this... someone will always find something that makes it easier and faster... are we planning on changing things every time this happens? There is always going to be someone who figures out advantages. Good for them... if they want their island to look like a mess that’s their choice. Eventually they will have to go through the trouble of removing those blocks.

If Skyblock is just about filling a huge void with blocks then I’m not interested in what my levels are. I’m happy just building... improving my output... and completing challenges. I don’t care what happens beyond that. If that’s what someone else wants to do then by all means let em do it.

14. Mission001

Mission001 Ex-EcoLegend HⱻặĐHůƞẗǝɍ
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $495
    Ratings:
    +6,478
    I swear people say make Skyblock easier and then in turn make it hardcore when it suites...
    *shrugs*

Doesn't seem any harder to do vines or cobble/lava walls then to do ice so eh, anyway, didn't this already got changed recently going down from like 5 to 0 to 1? Does it really need changing again...

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  15. Jeffster_

Jeffster_ тнε мαη, тнε мүтн, тнε נεғғsтεя!
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +93
    I agree here... make the ice like 0.5 or something less but at least something.

#15 Jeffster_, May 12, 2018
  16. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,056
    I have added a POLL to this thread. Let's see how voting goes.

17. Red_Pandaz_13

Red_Pandaz_13 Hippie Panda
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VI ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +158
    This would be a huge slap in the face to everyone who spent countless hours making island levels. Continually changing things like this after people have spent time and effort into them will make people not want to play skyblock or spend money on a server that changes this drastically with no compensation for lost time.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  18. Kaslan

Kaslan Builder

Ratings:
    +50
    The whole point of this is to not make it so easy for players like yourself to gain levels. Ruins the fun for othersto see someone with a 5k or even 8.6k islands only made of Ice, Cobble and Vines.

• Potato Potato x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  19. koko_2022

koko_2022 ECC Chairman
    ECC Chairman EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VI ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +688
    So why does it ruin the fun for u? we are gaining levels do u do this to gain levels ? if so u can also do what we do its a way to get levels it may be the easy way but eventually higher value blocks are better as of their value and how many blocks they take Although cobble/vines/ice gives fast levels on the long run high value blocks like iron/gold/diamonds etc are more worth it so why nerf ice? whats the use no use it was nerfed from 5 to 0 then from 0 to 1 and 1 seems pretty fair just like cobble which is worth 1

20. Kaslan

Kaslan Builder

Ratings:
    +50
    No, blocks like Gold, Iron and Diamonds will never be able to compete with the current "meta" of using Ice and Cobble. I have 16 iron farms and we don't produce nearly as many levels with Iron as you do with Cobble/Ice.

And although I do have vines on my island, that's not the main way for me to produce levels. I have 4 220x40 walls of stonebrick. Most of my iron farms are made of pure Iron.

And it's quite frustrating to see someone gain like 8k levels in a couple days due to this.

It really puts me and others off from playing the game to know that although we have the best islands, we're not on top.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.