Accepted Raise price of Mob Drops

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Avowin, Dec 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Avowin

Avowin ανσςα∂σ
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +607
    Minecraft Name: Avowin

Suggestion: Raise price of mob drops

Reason: As of right now, the maximum price for a mob drop is skeletons with $1 per bone and arrow. Although that's the highest price for drops, attempting to farm them does not make much money at all. I have a star sword, which has extra looting on it, and in an hour it's almost impossible to get more than 3k from selling those. Even with EXP, you get, if you're lucky, an extra 1k to sell to other players with exp. That's only about 4k from doing this, while other methods have a huge difference in earnings. I feel like there should be a little more compensation for those wanting to mob farm a little.

Any Other Information: Please leave constructive responses below please

Link To This Plugin/Is this a custom addition?: N/A

This is without me going into more in depth testing at all (I will do more tests of things later on to give a better estimate if needed, finals week this week):
    Bones: 1.00 --> 2.25
    Arrows: 1.00 --> 2.00
    Bonemeal: .30 --> .70
    The reason I say for the difference in bone and arrow prices is because bones are used more often especially in the case of farming. It does not necessarily need to be more than arrows, but I'm using input from other players above into that.

Zombie Flesh: 0.75 --> 1.50
    Zombies are not the most profitable spawner at all, and although they have the ability to drop things such as iron ingots, potatoes, and carrots, if someone with looting 3 were to grind for an hour they would only make about 124 extra from the iron ingots in that hour. It's a factor, just not the biggest. I don't think that zombie flesh should be at the price as bones and arrows, due to the uselessness of them.

Spider Eye: .50 --> 1.25
    String: .50 -->1.25
    I would need to do more on spiders because frankly I'm not big into farming them because they are a pain in the butt to even attempt to set up as a spawner. This just seems a little reasonable to begin for a price increase.

Fermented Spider eye: 1.00 --> 1.75
    This keeps a similar 50 cent increase from spider eyes as it was in the past, so this way no other item needed in the process of creating them will need changed.

Wool: .30 ---> .30 or .50
    I do not see a need to change wool price, because wool is worth less than string as it is, we don't need to change that in my opinion due to the increase in price of string. If a want for that to increase as well is still there, however, I feel like a 20 cent increase would suffice.

Stick/Flint: No change due to them not being worth anything to begin with

Feather: .40 --> .70/.80
    Right now feathers at .40, with one you can make 4 arrows totaling $4 per feather. If this were to stay at .40 each, it would be doubling the profit to make them compared to now... I feel like feather prices should increase to either .70 or .80 to make up for this increase, that way it cannot be "abused" more than what it originally could be.

I feel like these values are a great starting point for this at least, until I get more feedback. With skeletons being most profitable and making those prices, that would make about 7kish per hour I would estimate, which is still less than what I've had people say you get from pumpkin farming. Even though 7k isn't a lot some people would say, I still think that even that is more reasonable than 3kish (back before star tools this wouldn't have been too bad haha).

Please leave input on prices guys, thank you!
    This is me personally, but I like nice, rounded numbers (to the dollar or half dollar). So...
    Bones - $2.50
    Arrows - $2.50
    Bonemeal - $0.75

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
    #1 Avowin, Dec 9, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2017
  2. Aqua_Luna3

Aqua_Luna3 Ex-SMod

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +615
    +1 I agree. This should not be hard to implement at all. Plus, sense the PVP world is gone there is 0 point for having a star sword, so this might make it appealing. Also, this would increase the popularity of spawners. I remember when people would sell them for good money years ago.

#2 Aqua_Luna3, Dec 9, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2017
  3. LJKAzrael

LJKAzrael Freelancer | Ikigai

Ratings:
    +372
    +1 I farmed skeles before I went inactive for a few months. I got $40k+ in arrows and about $34k in bone blocks. On average I made like $1,600 per hour not accounting for exp. Mobs are such trash.

#3 LJKAzrael, Dec 9, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2017
  4. LaggyTryHard

LaggyTryHard ♛Exalted Builder♛
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +964
    +1 the fact you gotta go and find spawners in the mining world every month and gotta have expensive enchants on your sword really emphasize the need for an increase in their worth. If everyone collectively increased the price then we will be fine.

5. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,271
    I totally agree with this

6. monkeyBUTT244

Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoMaster ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +626
    I agree. Mob farming should be the next semi-viable option for making money. Right now they exist just to exist.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. Avowin

Avowin ανσςα∂σ

Ratings:
    +607
    Another note after reading some responses, is after you take in the account the time it takes to actually find and set up a spawner, you still have the chance of either a) The map will reset at some point or b) someone can find it and destroy it. There's a lot higher risk in trying to farm mobs anyways because there's a huge chance of someone coming and just breaking it

8. Jdawger

ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,271
    So, we all agree that skeleton mob grinding is the best. Seeing as how those bones are sometimes used for
    Farming (which is arguably the best way to make money).
    Right now, mob grinding is essentially an add on for other methods of making money.

This needs to change
    (Also I’m tired and I get on my soap box when I’m tired)

#8 Jdawger, Dec 10, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2017
  9. KingCharlie9

KingCharlie9 EcoPremiumPrestigeLegendTycomaster

Ratings:
    +526
  10. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    Please provide a list of prices and items that you want altered.
    Once done, we will go over the suggestion in detail and see what we can do :)

@Avowin & others.

#10 andrewkm, Dec 11, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
  11. Avowin

Avowin ανσςα∂σ

Ratings:
    +607
    This is without me going into more in depth testing at all (I will do more tests of things later on to give a better estimate if needed, finals week this week):
    Bones: 1.00 --> 2.25
    Arrows: 1.00 --> 2.00
    Bonemeal: .30 --> .70
    The reason I say for the difference in bone and arrow prices is because bones are used more often especially in the case of farming. It does not necessarily need to be more than arrows, but I'm using input from other players above into that.

Zombie Flesh: 0.75 --> 1.50
    Zombies are not the most profitable spawner at all, and although they have the ability to drop things such as iron ingots, potatoes, and carrots, if someone with looting 3 were to grind for an hour they would only make about 124 extra from the iron ingots in that hour. It's a factor, just not the biggest. I don't think that zombie flesh should be at the price as bones and arrows, due to the uselessness of them.

Spider Eye: .50 --> 1.25
    String: .50 -->1.25
    I would need to do more on spiders because frankly I'm not big into farming them because they are a pain in the butt to even attempt to set up as a spawner. This just seems a little reasonable to begin for a price increase.

I feel like these values are a great starting point for this at least, until I get more feedback. With skeletons being most profitable and making those prices, that would make about 7kish per hour I would estimate, which is still less than what I've had people say you get from pumpkin farming. Even though 7k isn't a lot some people would say, I still think that even that is more reasonable than 3kish (back before star tools this wouldn't have been too bad haha).

Please leave input on prices guys, thank you!

#11 Avowin, Dec 11, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
  12. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    We will look over this suggestion once we get some more user input on the above suggested prices :)
    If you want to make any edits please do so and reply again to this thread to let us know. We will monitor this suggestion and see how it goes. @Avowin

13. Jdawger

Ratings:
    +3,271
    This is me personally, but I like nice, rounded numbers (to the dollar or half dollar). So...
    Bones - $2.50
    Arrows - $2.50
    Bonemeal - $0.75

Everything else sounds good :)

14. Mission001

Mission001 Ex-EcoLegend HⱻặĐHůƞẗǝɍ
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $495
    Ratings:
    +6,478
  15. _Mandy

_Mandy Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +91
  16. Avowin

Avowin ανσςα∂σ

Ratings:
    +607
    For those suggesting different price suggestions please put them here, I will continue to update the original post with spoilers of the different price suggestions, currently mine and @Jdawger 's. Thank you for the input guys keep it going!

17. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    You guys need to also work out the prices for all the items these changes affect.

18. Jdawger

Ratings:
    +3,271
    What do you mean Andrew? Like come to an agreed price for every item?

19. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    Meaning if one item affects another items prices, such as arrows -> sticks, etc.

20. Jdawger

Ratings:
    +3,271
    Gotcha. Well, what I can think of off the top of my head would be feathers (for arrows), wool (for string), and fermented spider eye (for spider eye). Items such as sticks, flint, fishing rods, bows have no sell value and wouldn’t need to change

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.