Rule Changes and Changes to the Warn System

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ClarinetPhoenix, Apr 26, 2017.

1. UnitedStates2

UnitedStates2 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +6,302
    #21 UnitedStates2, Apr 26, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
  2. TheWizardofNoz

TheWizardofNoz Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +223
    What did he mean by this? [​IMG]

3. TalLopez

TalLopez Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Builder ⚒️

Ratings:
    +52
    So just clarifying... we go from "Its ok in VIP as long as its not hard R" to "You now cant say fuck in global"

4. Frostystorm1

Frostystorm1 BulletClub ︻╦╤─ | Former Senior Super Moderator
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,095
    Since when would this help anything. If you quit a server over swear words in global, you clearly haven't gotten out of elementary school yet. Instead this system will just punish people for no god damn reason, and will piss off players like me and cause us to quit because of too strict regulations. There is legit no upside to the /warn system, to be blunt they mean absolutely nothing and a kick ban system actually makes more sense.

5. Zedoker

Zedoker ~|Huggable Ex-GameAdmin & Ex-Tomkfc Lover|~
    ECC Sponsor Tycoon ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,312
    ECC was marketed as a "family friendly" server back in the day, which makes sense because you know, we dont really want kids picking up on swear words. Sure they may be common in your household, but not in everyones... Literally its not that hard to avoid saying swear words, especially the ones that are the "worser ones" that you kept spewing. Its minecraft dude, theres no need for that sort of language anyways...

6. Frostystorm1

Ratings:
    +1,095
    First off don't attack me for spewing swear words and second this server isn't meant to be a safe playground for little kids. Swearing isn't common in my house but it is common everywhere on the internet, so if we cant deal with that and we get triggered when someone says fuck, thats just sad. Also i dont think @andrewkm would appreciate his server being turned into a trigger zone with no swearing...

• Potato Potato x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
    #26 Frostystorm1, Apr 26, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
  7. TalLopez

TalLopez Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Builder ⚒️

Ratings:
    +52
    There is no such thing as a trigger zone... Are you referring to a safe space? These actually exist. Also trigger warnings exist but those dont seem to fit with the context of ur sentence.

8. Zedoker

Zedoker ~|Huggable Ex-GameAdmin & Ex-Tomkfc Lover|~
    ECC Sponsor Tycoon ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,312
    I'm not attacking you for spewing, but think to yourself, do you really need those words in order to speak properly on the internet? It's not about being triggered, its about being respectable. Does the internet have a lot of inappropriate things? Yes. That doesn't make it ok that kids are going on the internet and then pick up on slang that some random guy yells on minecraft. I don't know about you, but looking at it from the perspective of a college student who is accustomed to vulgar language, I don't want to see it on minecraft. Its honestly just annoying, and for some people, it just demonstrates immaturity. Idk but i like people to be mature even if its a game

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  9. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,066
    Thanks for making this change @ClarinetPhoenix. We've all been quite out of control lately, including myself :). Let's keep it in private channels from now on.

I think the warn/ban system should be much stricter however. 21 warns o_O
    @Server Admin

(Ultimately up to you guys though, just my opinion)

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
    #29 andrewkm, Apr 27, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
  10. AdmiralD

AdmiralD IsleTradingCo
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +4,290
    I am so grateful for our Admin team making these changes. I realize this is a very polarizing subject, however, I do wish that everyone would tone down their opinions until the Admins have a chance to work things out.
    I know it is not the only reason, however, I do know that we have lost a lot of players due to things getting out of hand. Our younger, and sometimes even more mature, players used to beg for some sanity but were largely ignored and are now gone.
    There are places you can still use your "big boy voices" and act as immature as you want, but it will be good to know we are attempting to get back to the family friendly server I came to love.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. Adware

Adware Resident
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +127
    So basically, the VIP chat is useless now, except for civil discussion of politics? Why don't you call it /ch politics, since that seems to be the case here?

Also, I don't see how it wouldn't make normal sense to you that saying 'fuck' 21 times for example during a month would be way too much. The warn system is terrible, since only staff can issue a warn. If you really want it to work with the 21 times you think are reasonable, make it automatic so that whenever someone does say such words, it will issue a warn regardless of what staff thinks.

#31 Adware, Apr 27, 2017
  12. BobbyBlack

BobbyBlack Community Spokesperson
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ XI ⭐⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,516
    Who are you to tell an older player who has been on way longer then you that the server isn't a safe place for kids. When we joined it wasn't as wild as it is now. You couldn't say anything without receiving some type of discipline. It was indeed a place for kids and families.

13. Mcguy65

Mcguy65 Dirt
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +631
    you need to realize when to stop, mybe if you stop now people will forget you are a complete troll/dumbass..
    how hard is it? Just play the game and dont harass or troll anyone.? Be peacefull, lets make ecc great again!

14. ClarinetPhoenix

ClarinetPhoenix She does what she wants.
    Owner Events Manager ECC Sponsor Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IX ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade Wiki Leader

Ratings:
    +5,380
    Such a great turn of responses! Seriously, I love everyone coming here leaving their two cents about the changes. I enjoy discussion. :)

So, the warn system. Perhaps the current changes are not the best idea. I can accept that. The idea was to go for stricter punishment(longer tempbans) and the changes were made to accommodate the current amount of verbals a user might receive in a day. As an afterthought that number should be going down and that is something we should be solving internally among Staff, if warns were to completely replace verbals, then yeah this would theoretically work. That was the idea anyway. It could still work, perhaps just needs to be more strict, perhaps the change wasn't actually needed. :eek:

A few examples posted in this thread regarding many repeat possible offenses kinda put it into perspective, and yes it probably still needs work to actually be effective. I can see that.
    We will definitely continue to work on it.

15. Frostystorm1

Ratings:
    +1,095
    You clearly aren't getting my point. I'm not talking about trolling. What happens if i lost a bet or something like that and i just go "fuck" or something like that. I am gonna get warned for that?? I'd appreciate if everyone stopped calling me a troll because this isn't about trolling at this point.

16. Frostystorm1

Ratings:
    +1,095
    Last time I remember you talking in chat, you said the n-word so don't even go there. There's a better way to handle this problem than to dish out /warns and increase punishment.

17. ClarinetPhoenix

ClarinetPhoenix She does what she wants.
    Owner Events Manager ECC Sponsor Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IX ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade Wiki Leader

Ratings:
    +5,380
    So, I get that you are upset with the changes. That's fine I suppose, everyone has their opinion.
    However I've yet to see any suggestions on changes you feel would be more effective. I also don't think its necessary to call someone out on breaking the rules, that's slander Frosty.
    Anyway,
    Do you actually have any ideas to present? I also don't really agree on the stance that getting more strict doesn't solve the issues in chat. That doesn't really make any sense for what we're trying to achieve here.

18. Hackney_Builder

Hackney_Builder Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +205
    I don't like this rule change, but maybe it's because I live in a very "rough" area. At my primary school, people do say stuff that would get you at least a suspension in some of London's more affluent areas. Literally, you can say "crap" a lot in front of Year 1 (1st or 2nd grade in the US) kids and nobody bats an eyelid. IMO, /ch v should become an "anything goes" chat like it previously was.
    One question: Does this rule apply to local chat?

19. Frostystorm1

Ratings:
    +1,095
    I like @Ndm57dcraft's idea. If you want to get the point across to someone that they are doing something wrong, just kick them twice and then temp ban them if they don't listen. Warns and verbals hold almost no meaning and no one really cares for them. Also warns are almost always for really dumb things... For example my past 4 warns are the following
    1) Saying cuck in global (never warned for this before, but apparently now i cant)
    2) Saying "scammer_rep"
    3) Saying "retard" in global (not targeted at anyone)
    4) Saying "fuck" in global

Why would I ever want to play on a server where someone is constantly making really strict rules when I can just go to another game and do whatever I want without being told by someone to stop doing this or that. Cracking down on the community will just continue to drive people away from the server. I agree there's a trolling problem, but the solution is to direct staff attention towards real problems and fights that actually matter instead of focusing on small jokes and punishing people for doing almost nothing wrong at all. The staff team dynamic is a big problem but no one will admit it so it is hopeless.

#39 Frostystorm1, Apr 27, 2017
  20. AdmiralD

AdmiralD IsleTradingCo
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +4,290
    I like @Ndm57dcraft's idea. If you want to get the point across to someone that they are doing something wrong, just kick them twice and then temp ban them if they don't listen. Warns and verbals hold almost no meaning and no one really cares for them. Also warns are almost always for really dumb things... For example my past 4 warns are the following
    You do realize that if this standard is implemented, you would have already been kicked twice and then temp banned. As a server, we would not even have been subject to seeing your last remark.

1) Saying cuck in global (never warned for this before, but apparently now i cant)
    No excuse for this even being said.

2) Saying "scammer_rep"
    Defamation is not acceptable - even if attempted as a joke.

3) Saying "retard" in global (not targeted at anyone)
    This term is not acceptable at any time for any reason.

4) Saying "fuck" in global
    Glad to see warnings for this once again! Good job staff.

Why would I ever want to play on a server where someone is constantly making really strict rules when I can just go to another game and do whatever I want without being told by someone to stop doing this or that. Cracking down on the community will just continue to drive people away from the server. I agree there's a trolling problem, but the solution is to direct staff attention towards real problems and fights that actually matter instead of focusing on small jokes and punishing people for doing almost nothing wrong at all. The staff team dynamic is a big problem but no one will admit it so it is hopeless.
    That is the power of choice and you hold it in your hands. You make the choice when you click on this server.

Our staff is far from hopeless. While they may not be perfect, remember that every single one of them has volunteered to help provide us a fun place to play minecraft together as a community.

#40 AdmiralD, Apr 27, 2017