Section 1 Clause 4

Discussion in 'ECC Wiki Team & User Submissions' started by Gowther32, Jun 3, 2018.

1. Gowther32

Gowther32 Goat Sin of Lust
    ECC Sponsor EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +107
    Clause 4 - Theft and Safety(top)
    • It is your responsibility to ensure your items remain in your possession.
      • This can be done by keeping items on your person, in an enderchest, or in chests LWC-Protected to yourself.
    • It is legal to take from unlocked chests.
    • If you modify someone else to allow them access to a chest, they are allowed to take any of the contents unless it is part of an agreement or contract. Be cautious when allowing others access to your chests.
    • We offer the ability to set 'ownership' of items. See Section 3, Clause 6 for more details.
    • Compensation will not be offered for lost items.
    • It is illegal to steal mobs from other users due to their cost.
    The redirect for additional information on item ownership should be to Section 3, Clause 5: Item Ownership.

2. 314

314 Irratioπal President, former ServerAdmin
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $27,000,000
    Ratings:
    +4,866
    Fixed, thanks.

3. Gowther32

ECC Sponsor EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +107
    Section 1
    Clause 5 - Inappropriate Usernames/Name Changes and Skins
    • You are not able to apply for any applications or participate in any forum activity related to the server unless this application is applied for and approved by staff. Not submitting this applications after a name change and attempting to apply for any applications / participate in any forum activity related to the server may get your account banned from our server.

"this applications" should be "this application", or have "this" pluralized to "these".

I am going through the server rules very carefully to find small errors like these, as to not spam the User Submissions section with threads I will post any errors I find on this single thread regarding this. Let me know if this is okay, thanks!

4. 314

EcoDollars:
    $27,000,000
    Ratings:
    +4,866
    Sure.

(I'll delay the edits until you're done to avoid spamming the wiki's edit history.)

5. Gowther32

Ratings:
    +107
    Section 2
    Clause 3 - Harassment

Attempting to kill other players in any non-PvP zone also constitutes as harassment, and succeeding in killing other players in non-PvP areas is a very severe offence that will result in a ban.

Offence to offense, I know both spellings are correct and appropriate, but according to https://www.ecocitycraft.com/forum/threads/closed-applying-for-ecc-wiki-team-guidelines.8369/ , the wiki team uses American Spelling, which applies to this case. I feel like there is a lot of instances of the word "offence" being spelled in this particular manner however, so if it is too tedious to update the instance of this word in every case then disregard.

#5 Gowther32, Jun 3, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2018
  6. Gowther32

Ratings:
    +107
    Section 3
    Clause 4 - User to User EcoDollar-to-Real Life Currency Transfers

Trading EcoDollars for EcoCityCraft
    Server Features (ie. people purchasing features from the server on your behalf) is allowed because all parts of the transaction have to do directly with EcoCityCraft. However, these transactions are not encouraged due to the high risk of getting scammed and things going wrong. Please see our supporting the Server wiki article for more information on the risks of these types of transactions before participating in one.

Suggestion is to provide a link to the indicated article, "supporting the Server"

7. Gowther32

Ratings:
    +107
    Section 4
    Clause 1.3: Shouts and Lottery

• No advertisement, touchy subject/discussions, special characters not used in their correct context, and languages other than English.

Listed subjects should match plurality, "advertisement" to "advertisements", "subject" to "subjects".

8. Gowther32

Ratings:
    +107
    Section 4
    Clause 2 - Vulgarity

• Inappropriate and vulgar language is not allowed. This includes anything put on signs, said in chat, written in books, renamed to on items (see Section 3 Clause 2.1), spelt out in blocks (see Section 2, Clause 2.1), or any other way of communicating.
    "to on" seems to be an error, "spelt" should use the Americanism "spelled".

EDIT: Mentioned clause has a later bullet point using the word "offence" as opposed to "offense".

#8 Gowther32, Jun 3, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2018
  9. Gowther32

Ratings:
    +107
    Section 5
    Clause 1 - Town Ownership and Town Residency

• Town owners have the right to form any laws, living or building rules within in towns, so long as they do not interfere with our universal server rules.
    "within in"

10. Gowther32

Ratings:
    +107
    Section 5
    Clause 2 - Claiming and Zoning Laws

• The exception to this is if you receive a neighbouring town owner’s permission by means of them posting in your application thread, in which case you may place your towns within 15 blocks of their town. You must receive permission from every town owner that you are within 15 blocks of.
    "neighbouring" changed to Americanism "neighboring".

11. Gowther32

Ratings:
    +107
    Section 5
    Clause 3 - Seizure of Property & 3 Day Eviction Notices

• The evicted user must have had the opportunity to view the eviction notice. If the user has not been online, in-game or on the forums depending on how the eviction notice was issued, during the 3 day period then the eviction is not valid. The mayor or co-mayor must wait until the user is inactive (at least 7 days offline) or has been online to view to the notice before removing the user from the town or filing an LWC Removal Request.
    "to view to the notice" should be "to view the notice".

12. Gowther32

Ratings:
    +107
    Section 5
    Clause 4 - LWC Removal Requests

• A player who has been removed from the town for griefing under Section 2, Clause 3 above (Being warned by a staff member or banned for griefing in the town as a result of a Grief Report) does not need to be left added to the town.
      • Note: For a warning/ban for minor grief - A 3 day eviction notice must still be given under Section 2, Clause 3. During this time the player must still have the opportunity to collect their items. If necessary a town mayor can request the assistance of a staff member to supervise re-adding the player temporarily to collect their items to ensure that no further grief is committed.
    Both instances referring to Section 2, Clause 3 need to be updated to Section 2, Clause 1 when referring to Griefing.

13. Gowther32

Ratings:
    +107
    Section 6
    Clause 2 - Multiple Accounts

• An individual person playing on multiple accounts is allowed as long as no financial benefits arise from doing so, and no account belonging to that player are banned.
    Either change "account" to "accounts", or change "are" to "is"

14. Gowther32

Ratings:
    +107
    Section 6
    Clause 3 - Exploits

• When exploits are found, they need reported to the server owner immediately.
    "they need reported" to "they need to be reported"

15. Gowther32

Ratings:
    +107
    Section 7
    Clause 3 - Survival Games

• Getting kicked from the game will kick you from your SG game, and, multiple offences of needing to be kicked for these reasons may result in a ban.
    "offences" to "offenses"

16. Gowther32

Ratings:
    +107
    Section 8
    Clause 9: Fly+

• Using Fly+ to PvP or to interrupt an ongoing PvP fight in the nether is against the rules and is an abuse of your feature; you may use it to flee from PvP. The purpose of this feature is to allow you to fly over the lava, get to high places and get places faster in the nether. Using it to harass other players isn't allowed and is not the intent of this feature.
    Edit to include other PvP-zones such as the End.

17. Gowther32

Ratings:
    +107
    @314 I have finished finding errors in the Server Rules section of the wiki to the best of my ability. you may proceed to update this section of the wiki as you see fit according to the errors I have found above, thanks!

18. 314

EcoDollars:
    $27,000,000
    Ratings:
    +4,866
    Thanks, I have fixed all mentioned errors with two exceptions.

I'm not sure which page I should reference here. IIRC, "Supporting the server" used to be a page on the old Mediawiki, but I don't know which of the new wiki's pages is equivalent to the old one.
    According to https://www.ecocitycraft.com/forum/wiki/main-flyingplus, Fly(+) is not available in the End. Was that changed at some point?

19. Gowther32

Ratings:
    +107
    @314 My bad, the Fly(+) not being available in the end is correct, but I would still consider updating that same clause as well as https://www.ecocitycraft.com/forum/wiki/main-flyingplus/ to disallow the abuse of the feature in PvP arenas in towns.

Also, I am not entirely sure on what would be referenced then for "Supporting the Server", this https://www.ecocitycraft.com/forum/wiki/purchase-disclaimer/ could be relevant to the context of the clause, but if not I would remove the "Please see our supporting the Server wiki article for more information on the risks of these types of transactions before participating in one." line entirely and replace it with another cautionary warning about these types of transactions or something.