Denied [Server wide] Spam Rule Change

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by SunPrince, Apr 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SunPrince

SunPrince Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +34
    1. Spam rule for "repetitive letters" should be changed to a max of "13" in a word. Meaning "Niceeeeeeeeeeeee" would be legal but "xxxxxxxxxxxxx" would be illegal because it is not a word.

The rule is currently setup so staff have the discretion of when "emphasis" on a word is considered illegal.
    Which shouldn't even be illegal in the first place because normally spamming text is considered mass messages repeated, not just "too many letters".

It should be changed to 13 letters so staff has to sit there and count every single damn letter if they want to waste their time following a dumb rule like repetitive letters. Yet still not "that" much spam. (if you consider that spam cause I know some people will argue it's spam even though they only think it is cause ECC rules say so.)

Moderating emphasis on words is stupid.

2. childersc

childersc Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +86
    This... isnt emphasis on a word, its just downright annoying. I can understand a couple of letters, 13? really?

We moderate on rules, character spamming is against our rules.

3. SunPrince

SunPrince Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +34

13 is just so staff actually has to take the time to enforce a rule that shouldn't even exist in the first place.

Do you really think people are going to do exactly 13 just to troll? normally people barely even use 5.

"We moderate on rules, character spamming is against our rules." (and that's why i'm suggesting to change them) Saying that doesn't change the fact it's a dumb rule.

Fact is: everyone does character spam only some are warned some aren't.

Maybe also include in the rule "emphasis allowed once every 5 minutes" so people aren't abusing it to troll staff.

I just want this dumb rule to be less enforced dang...

#3 SunPrince, Apr 30, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
  4. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    Rules are fine.
    I’m sure if you slip up once or twice it’s fine, if you keep doing it you’ll clearly be noticed by staff and warned.

@ClarinetPhoenix can let the staff know to be a bit more lenient but that’s as far as I’ll go.

@ClarinetPhoenix decide what you want to do with this and let the team know.

#4 andrewkm, Apr 30, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.