Denied [SkyBlock Block Value Adjustment] PapaDwaggy

Discussion in 'Skyblock' started by PapaDwaggy, Sep 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PapaDwaggy

PapaDwaggy Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +23
    In Game Name:
    PapaDwaggy
    Which blocks would you like adjusted & to what amount:
    Gold Blocks, at least 100, or back to 150.
    List the reasons you are adjusting each block:
    Building a gold farm to gain gold is not an easy feat, even with the ability to fly, it can take hours upon hours, not to mention days upon days for non-fly players. To nerf the value to 50% right off the bat even from complains doesn't negate the effort it actually takes to collect the lava in buckets and form the frames.

Yes, if a player AFKs at their farm they can get tons of gold at once but it's the reward they get for their hard work, just like the /isr command is the reward for the hard work put into increasing the island level.
    Additional Information:
    Nil

• Potato Potato x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. ElricBellamy

ElricBellamy Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +55
    -1 Needed a nerf, even andrew said this which is why it was done. It's not being reset.

Edit: I'm still building a gold farm as it's still a very powerful method of getting levels.

#2 ElricBellamy, Sep 10, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2018
  3. RoryTheRoman94

RoryTheRoman94 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2
    +1 Back up to 100, I believe that the higher spawn rate of mobs may have caused the super OPness but gold blocks still hold a certain value. I am open to learn why it was dropped so much because I was not there for the initial discussion and am curious as to what was said to make it so.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
  4. block_crusher

block_crusher Prestige 6, Ex-Ecolegend, $ EcoLeader $
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VI ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +979
    Got mixed feelings here tbh. I'm not exactly sad it got nerfed but I wouldn't be too angry if it was put up to 80 or 100 points instead. Definitely not 150 points though as It discourages the purchase of spawner keys from the store.

5. Awesomah

Awesomah Me make big moni
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +98
    Nope, it doesnt have anything to do with that. Gold farms were always OP, the things that caused people to be more aware of them and made people build more gold farms were some people telling how many levels they make per hour from their farms and informing/suggesting other people to build gold farms.

I think gold blocks should be 100 points. 75 seems waaay too low and 150 seems something that should never happen again (unless they make it a gold farm themed season lol).

+1 for 100 points

#5 Awesomah, Sep 11, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
  6. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    Should be back to 150 for either the remainder of the spawn town competition or preferably the season.

Regardless of however "overpowered" they might be, pretty much everyone has had the capability to build one, and there's not even a zpig spawner in the crate (which would be WAY broken and I'd see as reason for nerf). I'd argue they're one of the most even chances you can get as far as level generation.

imo, midseason major nerfs like this (also the iron bar nerf) just turns the competition into a matter of "whose strategy didn't get nerfed".

I get the need to balance the game but these changes couldn't have been made a week ago, between seasons 1 & 2, as opposed to a week into one of the most important competitions the server has run?

tl;dr what happened to "We are not nerfing things that are too OP on skyblock, we are nerfing things that make ECC unplayable."

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Potato Potato x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
    #6 Nicit6, Sep 11, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
  7. Mochocrap

Mochocrap Lannister
    EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +778
    +1 for 100 points, I wasn't around for the initial nerf. But I agree that doubling it's value would be a cause of concern. I think 75 is just a tad bit too low. 100 points would be a good compromise.

8. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,271
    Honestly, gold farms gave non pay2win players a chance to get higher levels. With the nerf (not to mention the Skyblock seasons), these players have zero opportunity to attempt for the medal

9. Mission001

Mission001 Ex-EcoLegend HⱻặĐHůƞẗǝɍ
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $495
    Ratings:
    +6,478
    I think the 4 month seasons did that anyway on its own, but i digress
    +1
    Should be at least 100 imo. As nicit said its slightly unfair to people who have already implemented their farms, but at least it hasnt been removed completely. I guess if you use a block which is quite op, you have to run the risk of it being nerfed. Bit like Iron fence and Ice and other stuff last season, Ice and vines got nerfed, yet Iron Bar was just ridiculously op, but didnt get nerfed till the next season, its luck of the draw.

#9 Mission001, Sep 12, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
  10. Gluupor

Gluupor Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +125
    to be honest i kind of just waited for this nerf as seeing people after barely two weeks being one third done with the 15k couldve in no way be intended by andrew. as mission said if theres something way too op and / or easy to achieve expect a nerf to be happening. the big gainer is emerald blocks now which actually needs a bit more effort so i might say the values as is now are more in line with the effort needed (making a gold farm the way awesomah outlined a couple of times ingame is actually quite easy; i saw a non flyer do it the same way and it didnt look like they had many issues with it at all).

and yes i know i shouldnt have a say in this since im not playing this season but thats not due to any nerfs or the competition as opposed to last season ... i just dont feel like MC at all currently.

11. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    Basically this ^

This suggestion is denied. Prestige isn't meant to be something achieved in 1-2 weeks.
    I will never consider suggestions regarding gold block values. Nice try though. Would be nice if everything was just super easy :p
    We're on week 1-2 of 14. No where near mid-season.
    I looked at the leaderboard prior to the nerf, and no one team got an advantage or disadvantage due to the nerf. Everyone took an equal hit pretty much. The only disadvantage is Prestige will be harder to achieve now. It was nerf gold blocks, or make Prestige a 50,000 level requirement. Take your pick. Same nerf.

Just because we overlooked gold blocks, doesn't mean everyone now gets free Prestige in Season 2 lol.
    Getting prestige in 1-2 weeks makes ECC unplayable for new players joining Main City server.
    More so, I can only try to perfect so much, and things are overlooked, as I'm human after all. I only got alerted of the iron bar miscalculations this Season.
    Prestige and the Medal is still easily achievable in 1-2 months, let alone 4 lol. Not being easy af =/= zero opportunity.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    #11 andrewkm, Sep 12, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.