Denied [Skyblock][Challenges] Various Suggestions / things i want to implement

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Gluupor, Apr 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gluupor

Gluupor Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +125
    This is more of an information and feedback thread than an actual suggestion, but i want to know what people think of my ideas before starting to work on them:

-planning on raising the repetition cap for the following challenges to 200-300 (thx @Kaslan for the input):

Wheat Farmer | Expert Wheat Farmer
    Cactus Farmer | Expert Cactus Farmer
    Bread Maker
    Glass Maker
    Paper Maker | Expert Paper Maker
    Seed Bank | Advanced Seed Bank
    Feel The Nature
    Snow Day | Blizzard
    Slime ball farmer | Expert Slime Ball Farmer
    Fishy Tactics
    Diamonds

-revist the money payouts for challenges (first time rewards as well as repetition rewards); currently the money comes either from ECD transfer (with a super bad exchange rate), by doing challenges or by using the donor perk /sell; "non-ranked" or "non-main server" players would benefit from this change and the overall purchasing power would increase

-add some money sink challenges that are one time only and reward the player with cosmetic or "just for fun" commands like disguise or pets (@andrewkm i need to know what actually is possible on this case in terms of plugins); these challenges would require SB$ mostly maybe the odd item to keep the value stable and combat inflation; those challenges will be quite pricey because they will simply take money out of the game again and award the player with command permissions (those permissions need to be revoked with the yearly reset)

-adding a way to reset the challenges:
    -implementing a challenge that costs x amount of SB$ and will reset all the challenges (this is supposed to be done in a way so at least 50% of the profits made with challenges, if completing all of them, is taken out by this "Reset-Challenge"); this is not supposed to be cheap and also act as a kind of money sink
    -adding a buycraft package to reset challenges with a reasonable price for those players that cba to spend their money or want to help keep the server alive :)
    -adding endgame / high tier challenges; i will add a suggestion form at the end of this post so people can actually submit some ideas; keep in mind to not make it unfair, unreasonable (1 bone for 10k SB$) and not too simple; the suggestions arent limited to high tier challenges but i preferably add some of those first as theres a lack of currently; also we probably lack some challenges that reward or request the more recently added items
    be aware that if you request items in a challenge that are not naturally available to add in some kind of way to obtain those items (think of it like a quest line rewarding items that are needed for the completition of the next quest)

CHALLENGES SUGGESTION FORM

Name of the Challenge:

Description (Brief description that goes in the Ingame Tooltip):

Proposed Difficulty (refer to the current Difficulties Ingame):

Type of Challenge (Inventory, Island, Level):

Take Items Yes / No (Inventory only):

Items / Mobs needed (add a distance in blocks in case of Challenge type "Island"):

Repeatable Yes / No (only Inventory can be repeatable):

First time Reward (this can pretty much be anything; commands are possible):

Repeat Reward (this can pretty much be anything; commands are possible):

Reward Text (if left empty this will only list the items you will receive):

Repeat Reward Text (if left empty this will only list the items you will receive):

Max Repeats / Money Reward / Exp Reward will be decided sperately

#1 Gluupor, Apr 14, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
  2. Capbo_

Capbo_ Reformed Scammer
    Tycoon ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoMaster ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $1,348,456
    Ratings:
    +3,040
    Instead of limiting the amount you can do challenges why not make it infinite?

3. Kaslan

Kaslan Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Resident ⚒️

Ratings:
    +50
    I agree with this, I'd rather have some challenges be infinitely repeatable. But increasing the challenges limit to 200-300 and adding an in-game way of restarting challenges wouldn't be so bad.

4. AdmiralD

AdmiralD IsleTradingCo
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +4,290
    I may be unique, but I find that there is not enough ways to earn sand, and even raising the limit to 2-300 on cactus would be quite limiting as I am already starting my storage chest for them. Same with wheat seeds as they are quite unbalanced compared to the wheat received.
    And don't even get me talking about the useless beet roots and seeds (unless there is a higher tier challenge I am not aware of) :p
    Keep up the great work, your suggestions are paying off and I for one appreciate everything you, Kaslan, and others have made happen for the betterment of the skyblock server!

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  5. Kaslan

Kaslan Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Resident ⚒️

Ratings:
    +50
    I also suggest making the "Batch'n'Go" Set open after finishing the Novice set or open at all times as it's basically there to reduce spam and should not take a while to open.

6. Gluupor

Gluupor Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +125
    we can maybe think of challenges requiring beetroot and sugarcane to reward sand and make them repeatable as often as 2-300 times as well. currently there is no use for beetroot and only little use for sugarcane. additionally we could add a challenge requiring an amounts of beetroot seeds and wheat seeds maybe rewarding parrot eggs and / or items that suit parrots. thinking of anything jungle which is the preferred biome for them to spawn.

#6 Gluupor, Apr 16, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  7. AdmiralD

AdmiralD IsleTradingCo
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +4,290
    I did just find that Beetroot actually can be crafted to Rose Red ;)
    Still be great if something along the lines of beetroot soup could be made!
    My granddaughter Lily would love being able to have a parrot egg.

8. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    - We will not add high money payouts on SkyBlock via Challenges. Main ways to earn SkyBlock ECD is to participate in the main server, and transfer in from there, or rely on the coming /islandreward command.

- Regarding awarding permissions to players for challenges, this is not something we will do. Im open to suggestions regarding letting current ranks have additional features, however challenges based permissions changes will not be a thing.

- I’m open to having higher end challenges, however for requesting form submissions on this, please use the SkyBlock forum section, simply because I lock threads here once I’ve attended to them to keep the section clean.

PS: Regarding resetting challenges. This has been added to our BuyCraft store.

Marking suggestion denied due to challenges ECD decission and permissions decissions. I am however open to having higher end challenges, only thing is they will not reward high forms of ECD or permissions changes.

#8 andrewkm, Apr 19, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.