Denied Skyblock /islandreward reset

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Expipiplusone, Apr 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Expipiplusone

Expipiplusone Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +778
    Minecraft Name: Expipiplusone

Suggestion: remove the /islandreward last-rewarded-level reset if a player tries to use it with a less-than-10-levels progress since their last usage of the command.

Reason: I understand that the cap to 15k was placed to avoid overpowered players to disrupt the main economy, and that's fine. The 1-hour timer is fine as well. However, resetting the last-rewarded-level when someone has ranked less than 10 levels does nothing towards this goal, but is extremely detrimental only to small players. This is how it should work:
    1. Bob was last rewarded at level 100, he is now level 118 and does /islandreward: he will be rewarded 15k, and his last-rewarded-level will now be 118 (as it is now);
    2. Bob was last rewarded at level 100, he is now level 113 and does /islandreward: he will be rewarded 13k, and his last-rewarded-level will now be 113 (as it is now);
    3. Bob was last rewarded at level 100, he is now level 108 and does /islandreward: he will not be rewarded anything (as it is now), BUT his last-rewarded-level will stay at 100 (this is what changes).
    The 1-hour reset will apply in any case, of course: I'm just talking of not resetting the last-rewarded-level counter.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
    #1 Expipiplusone, Apr 25, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
  2. Expipiplusone

Expipiplusone Builder

Ratings:
    +778
    Addendum: it would be nice if also the 1 hour reset was removed (but only in the third case), as this would not disrupt the economy: but it's not an extremely necessary change and slow-ranking player could just go on with that: having to wait another hour even when not rewarded would just be a nuisance, not a major loss.

• List
    #2 Expipiplusone, Apr 25, 2018
  3. padsen

padsen Glory to Arstotzka!
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,643
    Yes!! Please!! I have been scammed by this three times. I don't know why we have the Not ten levels you get nothing anyway.

4. Expipiplusone

Expipiplusone Builder

Ratings:
    +778
    I guess that's to avoid forum bank history spam, or something like that: "have at least 10 levels or you get nothing" seems a reasonable requirement to me.
    It's the "and you lose that less-than-10-levels progress buahahah" which is truly sadistic, and it is mostly to low level players.

• List
  5. Expipiplusone

Expipiplusone Builder

Ratings:
    +778
    For now, I just stick to doing /isr only when my island level is exactly a multiple of 15: that way, I don't need to write down every time my previous reward level (I would never be able to recall just by memory).
    But it's easy to miss it and, honestly, having this sadistic rule doesn't accomplish anything.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,066
    Won’t ever happen due to how the system works internally. You are asking for an entire offline storage system and database rewrite. A project perhaps as big as the entire leaderboard system itself if not bigger.

Use /is level and treat your /islandreward responsibly.

PS: Your use of the word sadistic is retarded. Sadistic: “deriving pleasure from inflicting pain, suffering, or humiliation on others.” You’re literally stating that I take pleasure from making players suffer when their levels get reset on /isr command. Quite the accusation there @Expipiplusone

#6 andrewkm, Apr 25, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.