Denied [SkyBlock Server Suggestion] AFK Timeout

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Gluupor, Jun 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gluupor

Gluupor Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +125
    In Game Name:
    Gluupor
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    SkyBlock Server
    Short title for your suggestion:
    AFK Timeout
    What are you suggesting:
    Have people be kicked back to lobby after a certain time of being afk as there are situations outlined below that spoil the gameplay experience for those that are actually actively playing.
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    overnight afk players that own a huge dark area on their islands where mobs can spawn and are not automatically killed (be it by sunlight or some mechanic) decrease mob spawns for any or all actively playing players.
    Other information:
    this was effectively witnessed today after waiting for 30 mins for a reasonable amount of mobs spawning from my natural mob trap and getting like only a handful of mobs (which isnt normal for the kind of trap i own). asking a staff member to find out who might possibly be hogging mobs led to that person not being seen anymore right after the request.
    this was actually a request to find a reason for the decrease in spawns. without any evidence for a different reason i must assume it is indeed the amount of hostile mobs being alive in all the loaded chunks (this is actually a vanilla server behaviour that is present in any spigot or bukkit incarnations of servers and might or might not have a place in a config file).
    Plugin or custom addition:

One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

2. LJKAzrael

LJKAzrael Freelancer | Ikigai
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +372
    This seems like it can be circumvented far too easily to be a real solution.

3. Mission001

Mission001 Ex-EcoLegend HⱻặĐHůƞẗǝɍ
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $495
    Ratings:
    +6,478
    +1
    If afking next to a spawner does indeed take away from mob spawning server wide, then you should be kicked for being afk.

4. Awesomah

Awesomah Me make big moni
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +98
    Mobs spawned from mob spawners do not count towards mob cap as far as i know.

5. Awesomah

Awesomah Me make big moni
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +98
    Have you placed blocks near the mob trap ? Like covering the trap with walls or building something else near it? I am not sure but that might be the reason. I'm saying this because i have a mob trap that used to work perfectly until i covered it with walls. The mob drop rate literally dropped to 0.1 amount of what it used to be.

EDIT: You might have the mob cap filled by other mobs such as Zombie Pigmen. Did you check that before doing this test ?

#5 Awesomah, Jun 24, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2018
  6. Gluupor

Gluupor Builder

Ratings:
    +125
    i have not changed anything with the mob traps since i initially built them. spawner or goldfarm mobs on my island also do not normally influence the natural mob traps as i had decent spawn rates even when the spawners or goldfarm were having a bunch of mobs in them.

#6 Gluupor, Jun 24, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2018
  7. Capbo_

Capbo_ Reformed Scammer
    Tycoon ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoMaster ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $1,348,456
    Ratings:
    +3,040
    you could just build an afk pool to get around this

8. Mission001

Mission001 Ex-EcoLegend HⱻặĐHůƞẗǝɍ
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $495
    Ratings:
    +6,478
    Could easily implement the afk kick and then in the rules state "Anyone deliberately attempting to avoid being kicked for being afk will have action taken upon them."
    Id say a afk pool would class as a deliberate method :p

If they realyl want to implement it they can. And make it so its not avoidable.

9. Gluupor

Gluupor Builder

Ratings:
    +125
    if you indeed have an afk timeout usually theres a rule stating exactly what mission said

10. Aqua_Luna3

Aqua_Luna3 Ex-SMod
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +615
    Now that you bring this up, I have been noticing that my mob tower is producing way less then at the start of skyblock. I notice when Andrew restarts the server, and kicks people to lobby, many of the players are AFK. I think this is a good idea and it may have been mentioned in beta that an afk kicker would be a thing. I'm not sure what happened to that idea though. +1

11. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,056
    This is far too easy to circumvent, and will be far too difficult to enforce, potentially resulting in staff constantly trying to catch people breaking the rule & may even result in bored and new staff members witch hunting for violators consantly, etc. I see nothing but negatives from this and from my experience running MC servers it never ends well. I'm sorry but I'm just not down with this idea.

12. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,056
    Also, not going to lie at all, I like that players can make use of being AFK on ECC and still have potential things going on in the background. Keeps them involved in the game even when they aren't actively playing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.