Denied [SkyBlock Server Suggestion] Forum thread that logs SkyBlock restarts

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Ladyvamptress, Jun 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ladyvamptress

Ladyvamptress Bloodlust Ex-EcoLegend
    ECC Sponsor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,184
    In Game Name:
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    SkyBlock Server
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Forum thread that logs SkyBlock restarts
    What are you suggesting:
    Since there is no way to tell when SkyBlock server was restarted, maybe staff can start a sticky thread in the SkyBlock section here on the forum and staff can come in and state when the last restart happened.

I’ve given a lot of thought to how this information can be publicly known and the easiest way is to just utilize the forum with restart details, so when people who get on right after a restart know exactly when /isr is available to them.
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    Ideally, it would be nice to have cool down information in-game, but there are far more important matters to deal with, so the easiest solution is to post SkyBlock restart information on the forum. There has been many times someone got on right after a restart and after gaining 10-15 levels, tried to do /isr, but did not get the reward (and lost those levels) simply because they did not know the server restart happened recently.
    Other information:
    I understand that SkyBlock isn’t there to make money, but at the same time, it’s frustrating to get nothing for your efforts simply because you weren’t informed.

Who knows, maybe this might bring some activity back to the forum. People come to check when the restart last happened and another thread catches their eye that otherwise wouldn’t have.
    Plugin or custom addition:
    N/A
    One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
    #1 Ladyvamptress, Jun 29, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
  2. JamieSinn

JamieSinn Retired Lead Administrator/Developer
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +4,588
    How would this be tracked. Do you include the 10+ restarts done during testing/cleanups, etc.

Something like this is extremely tedious to do. Who is responsible for it? What's the purpose?

If you're ultimately asking for a time til cooldown for isr from the initial server start, that's much easier and for sure something I can get done.

However, it would have to be on issue of the command. The same way other cooldowns work

#2 JamieSinn, Jun 29, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
  3. Ladyvamptress

Ratings:
    +3,184
    Originally I wanted to suggest a cooldown command in-game for /isr, but thought it was a lot of work and didn’t want to load you down with even more on your to do list. If a cooldown command isn’t a problem and your willing to do it, roll with that instead (I can even edit this suggest to reflect that if need be).

4. JamieSinn

Ratings:
    +4,588
    Something to check the cooldown (a separate command) is unfortunately rather impractical.

5. Ladyvamptress

Ratings:
    +3,184
    How so?
    You know more about this stuff than I do, is there anything you could suggest that would make it so people can know that they can do /isr without losing the reward because it hasn’t been an hour? A person can keep track of when they did it, that’s not much of an issue when compared to server restarts.

6. JamieSinn

Ratings:
    +4,588
    For the restarts, I can have it print the error message and include the time remaining. Adding another command simply to check a cooldown is a waste of time.

7. Ladyvamptress

Ratings:
    +3,184
    Will doing this cause people to lose the reward for the levels they already obtained before doing the command? If no, then this sounds good to me.

8. 314

314 Irratioπal President, former ServerAdmin
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $18,000,000
    Ratings:
    +4,860
    If a somewhat reliable estimate (without warranty) suffices:
    Code:
    /seen Pivillean

I usually move Pivillean to the main server because he keeps defaulting to Skyblock and I prefer main logs. However, if there's any interest in seeing Skyblock uptime, I can keep Piv on Skyblock instead.

9. Ladyvamptress

Ratings:
    +3,184
    I don’t want you to sacrifice your bot. If what Jamie suggested doesn’t cause you to lose your levels by doing it, then no need to offer your bot up. But thank you very much for offering. <3

10. 314

314 Irratioπal President, former ServerAdmin
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $18,000,000
    Ratings:
    +4,860
    Losing levels? I've never even used /isr before because I'm not an island owner, so island levels are mostly irrelevant to me.

11. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,056
    A thread for this will never happen. It would mean I have to manage this "thread" and that is something I will never be willing to do. I have far too much on my plate and the last thing I need to do is worry about a thread I must bump following every maintenance period. Literally an unreal expectation.

I'm sorry but it would be impossible to maintain.
    If you have a different suggestion regarding ISR feel free to post it and we will look it over, but this one just isn't plausible whatsoever.

#11 andrewkm, Jul 14, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.