Accepted [SkyBlock Server Suggestion] Island Cooping

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by PyroTechnix_, Jul 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PyroTechnix_

PyroTechnix_ Professional Coffee Drinker
    EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +291
    In Game Name:
    zCamo_
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    SkyBlock Server
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Island Cooping
    What are you suggesting:
    To bring back island cooping for the legitimate players.
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    Island cooping was a well known command, it would allow users to help other players without worrying about major grief/stolen items as the coop status was removed when the island owner logged off etc. We shouldn't have to stop being able to help players like we used to just because of some unfair gameplay from other players.
    Other information:
    I found out that the reason the /is coop command was removed was because some players (not mentioning who to stop drama) started doing services which would allow players to gain prestige in no time by placing blocks for them in return for money, then remove the blocks once they got the 15k island levels, rinse and repeat. This is not fair on anyone who needs help but can't get it because of these silly actions made by a couple of players. Maybe the solution to this could be a major cooldown on cooping players, or make it so that doing the same thing or something similar is against the rules and will result in punishment. I see why this is kind of a major issue considering prestige gives you a 10% bonus on /sell, but why should we not be able to play with friends and help them due to some unlegitimate players...
    Plugin or custom addition:
    N/A
    One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

2. JamieSinn

JamieSinn Retired Lead Administrator/Developer
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +4,588
    Use /is invite

• Potato Potato x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  3. Awesomah

Awesomah Me make big moni
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +98
    Is it possible to be in more than 1 island ?

• Like Like x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  4. AdmiralD

AdmiralD IsleTradingCo
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +4,290
    This looks as if you are not able to help out a friend if you are the owner of an island. Also, you have to manually kick that player from your island, it is not automatic? So if my internet goes down, a player has free run of my island even when I am not logged in anymore?
    Why is it that the legitimate players are always the ones punished because of discovered loopholes. A simple rule would seem to solve this issue, or just let any player that can afford it to get prestige. Does not seem any different than the other pay to win scenarios that are already allowed on the server.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. strongpelt

strongpelt ~*Alaskan Sponsor*~
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IV ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,065
    +1, Simply because from my perspective I'm just plain out confused why it was even removed. Okay so people were paying others to help them prestige. Coop being removed doesn't get rid of the service really... At all.. Buy blocks from other people, use island control to let other people place blocks. Or add them to your island and pay for an island reset on buycraft for them.. like for real coop being removed only hurts the legit players from my perspective.

And what about the other servers? Main is kinda safe just because to prestige its... well just money. You need a lot of money. (I guess loans but you still have to pay that back..) Vmr though, I mean people are already paying teams to let them sell and gain vmr points.

I'm just confused what the goal is by removing coop. Doesn't make much sense to me as far as trying to prevent people from selling prestige services.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. JamieSinn

JamieSinn Retired Lead Administrator/Developer
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +4,588
    I'll leave this to Andrew, since he's the one who made the change.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. Ravenwow

Ravenwow ECC Sponsor
    ECC Sponsor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VI ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +116
    +1 I'd like to sell my skyblock prestige service again without needing island control. There are many ways to bypass the removal of /iscoop. Also, if this change stays, selling VMR prestige also needs to be looked at and limited.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
    #7 Ravenwow, Aug 1, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
  8. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    To be fair they're entirely different beasts. For VMR the work still has to be done and resources gathered no matter what, whereas on Skyblock you can simply take the levels back and immediately use them on a different island.

That said though I don't like this change especially given that some people have already accomplished it. If you're going to nerf something then nerf it for everyone - not just whose who haven't been able to afford it yet. Otherwise it just reinforced the wealth divide between old and new players.

9. Ladyvamptress

Ladyvamptress Bloodlust Ex-EcoLegend
    ECC Sponsor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,184
    +1
    Personally I felt this punished everyone for someone else’s wrong doing. It stops nothing disabling coop, the person can still give the blocks to the other person and then once they get prestige, they can give the blocks back. If you don’t want people placing blocks and then remove the blocks after they get prestige, have it remove a person’s island once they prestige, or make it a bannable offense when people are found doing something like this.

Using /is invite causes one person to lose their island ( not to mention you lose your resets) and island control opens the whole island up for anyone to break/place blocks.

There are so many people out there who just want to help others. This is what makes this community unlike all the others out there. The fact we are a close community with people willing to help others out. Please don’t let this take that away from the community! Please don’t punish everyone.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
    #9 Ladyvamptress, Aug 1, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
  10. PyroTechnix_

Ratings:
    +291
    I'm am glad to see the positive comments on this suggestion, as members are saying, removing /is coop doesn't exactly do anything as its very easy to give blocks, let the island owner place them and return them once done. All that needs to be added is a rule and punishment for violating this rule. This however is all up to Andrew as he was the one who made the change in the first place. Also for those people who created this service, I didn't mean any harm when I said unlegitimate, I just worded it a bit hastily and nothing was meant by it. :)

11. PyroTechnix_

Ratings:
    +291
  12. AdmiralD

AdmiralD IsleTradingCo
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +4,290
    Probably no need to bump this thread as I am confident that andrewkm is working hard to find the best solution as possible for us.
    Just saying ;)

13. PyroTechnix_

Ratings:
    +291
    Thank you for the tip @AdmiralD!

Will no longer be bumping this thread as a solution is probably on the way A.S.A.P. Will leave open to comments/suggestions :)

14. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065

CO-OP has been re-enabled.

New Rule:
    (The harshness of this rule will never change.)

Sale of Prestige Services
    The sale of Prestige is not allowed. This means co-oping playing, or inviting them with your island along side your island control feature so that they may place expensive blocks, allow you to prestige, and then remove them. If anyone is found to be using such services, or offering such services, there will be no questions asked, both users will have their island and entire ECC account (including main server & forum bank balance) immediately wiped, along side every prestige already in their account. This means if the abusing users are prestige 3 for example, and are caught abusing their way to prestige 4 by using another persons blocks, or offering another person their blocks, every single prestige they earned, on ALL servers will be removed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.