Accepted [Suggestion] Announce World Map Update Times

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by jbertig, Aug 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jbertig

jbertig Mayor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +126
    Minecraft Name:
    jbertig
    Suggestion:

I suggest that staff announce when the world maps on the website will be updated ahead of time, and do it consistently (like Mining, Nether and End resets) so we can use them to track changes in our towns through time (say 2 months if not on the world resets? Not sure on how long this takes!).

Reason:

This is an extremely overlooked feature of our server, and could be used for very interesting things. I myself never knew about it until 2 months ago. Players could get into the maps and screenshot on their own computers what their town looks like at some point, and then check it out again after an amount of time. This gives an interesting way of watching how the terrain, etc. is altered over time. I would also be able to use it to time my "realism" builds for awesome screenshots (see images below of my World Trade Center under construction- from the end of June and never knew it was done. An an art deco highrise in Bertigstadt that's perpetually "under construction", exists, too.). It would also allow players to see what towns are near their existing towns, so we might more readily build things that connect them (a very small segment of a highway system exists in Bertigstadt, imaged below, for this purpose!)

Other Information
    :

Link to this plugin/Is this a custom addition?:
    N/A

#1 jbertig, Aug 17, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
  2. LaggyTryHard

LaggyTryHard ♛Exalted Builder♛
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +964
    Nice idea but I doubt they go with it. Seems like one more thing on the list if u know what I mean

3. jbertig

jbertig Mayor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +126
    Ur probably right. There are more uses than this as well. I discovered that someone built a scale model of Titanic in a pretty much abandoned town, not far from one of my own towns, through the maps. Usually we only see the active stuff being discussed/ advertised, and things that were abandoned pretty much stay that way. The lack of the old-school portals really made it harder to explore each other's towns, or find abandoned towns for claiming unless we know the warps.

#3 jbertig, Aug 20, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2017
  4. LaggyTryHard

LaggyTryHard ♛Exalted Builder♛
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +964
    That's an insane find! And it does suck that we won't be able to see em

5. stoler202

stoler202 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +471
    Is the town by any chance Caprica? Zodiac Nation does seem asleep. I remember living in a neighbouring town (also Caprica) when it was still under construction.
    By the way, you can do /warp, /warp 2 (or is it /warp list?) or something like that to check all available warps. But that doesn't let you discover older (older than the portal removal) towns, unfortunately.
    And, to the suggestion, I just doubt staff will bother. World resets were always random.

#5 stoler202, Aug 22, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
  6. JamieSinn

JamieSinn Retired Lead Administrator/Developer
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +4,588
    Sure, I'll post a news thread whenever we update the map.

We do it every 1-2 months.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.