Denied [Suggestion] Rank update

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Gowther32, May 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gowther32

Gowther32 Goat Sin of Lust
    ECC Sponsor EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +107
    Minecraft Name:
    @Kirito32
    Suggestion:
    Add the option either for purchasers in buycraft to choose either SkyGod or SkyGoddess in Skyblock ranks or to have the ability somehow to switch between these two tags or to be able to manually request either on forums or ingame from a staff member for the tag to be updated to SkyGoddess, a neat aesthetic option we can provide to our female playerbase who have donated so much for the prestigious rank. I provided multiple options because some may be harder to implement than others and I understand that if this suggestion is not feasible in any of these regards or not deemed necessary enough that this suggestion be denied, just thought it would be a cool addition for a very niche group already.
    Reason:
    I think it would be a nice aesthetic option for our high level supporters on skyblock as well as providing the option for our female playerbase. I also think it would not be hard to implement as the amount of SkyGods who would want to switch to this option would be a very small and niche group, also would probably prefer to implement the tag change towards female preference only if it were to be updated manually through request.
    Other Information:
    Would also like to note that a decision would have to be made about what color the additional letters would be, since I'm not to good with that type of aesthetic design I would leave that up to the person who designed the original rank colors. Also would like to note that SkyGoddess would be one character longer than SkyLegend being 10 characters so it might be pushing it there in terms of length.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  2. communism1

communism1 Kingfish
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +355
    This is just my opinion...but why do ranks need to be gendered? As far as I know, ECC has never done this in the past. What about people who do not wish for people to know their gender or whatever? This would force them to either choose SkyGod (currently gender-neutral, would be male if skygoddess is added) or SkyGoddess (which would be female).

This just seems really pointless lol

3. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,271
    In the Marvel Universe, the Asgardians are all referred to as God’s despite many of them being female too

4. Gowther32

Gowther32 Goat Sin of Lust
    ECC Sponsor EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +107
    @bobthegnome1 I gave multiple options of implementation other than just choosing which gender you are off the bat, users also can choose to have one tag over the other without it being accurate to the other gender. Some users have usernames or skins that do not accurately represent their gender in the first place so it shouldn't be a problem, its just an aesthetic choice. If this were implemented I wouldn't suddenly be able to tell that all SkyGods are definitely male and vice versa, it doesn't really work like that. Also, SkyGod is not suddenly gender-neutral simply because no other options are presented and an example from a fictional universe is provided. All this suggestion provides is an aesthetic choice for users, not a forced decision into a category.

5. communism1

communism1 Kingfish
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +355
    I guess we can agree to disagree.

6. 12345shane

12345shane ρяєѕι∂єитιαℓ ρяαєтσя
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,132
    Definition of god: a superhuman being or spirit worshiped as having power over nature or human fortunes; a deity.

God isn't necessarily a gendered title unless you make it gendered. When referring to Greek deities, god is a male term because it explicitly is used to refer to the male gods, while goddess is used for the female gods. When referring to Abrahamic religions, it is simply God as they believe God transcends gender, and therefore does not have one.

Also, a history lesson for you, this was a dilemma back in 2012 when Emperor was a rank. 151baccardi (I believe it was her) suggested that Empress be a thing, and so the rank became Tycoon as we know it today. I can almost guarantee you that if anything happened as a result of this suggestion, it would be a complete name change, not two different names.

#6 12345shane, May 21, 2018
    Last edited: May 21, 2018
  7. JamieSinn

JamieSinn Retired Lead Administrator/Developer
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +4,588
    This would complicate our permissions system for the network. Unfortunately, we cannot do something like this.

If we did it for skygod, we would have to do it for skylord too, and meet the same problem.

Sorry.

8. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    Denied because lol genders

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.