The ECC EXPO Centre

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by outerlocal, Oct 2, 2017.

1. outerlocal

outerlocal Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +567
    *** The ECC EXPO Centre ***

[​IMG]

The ECC Expo Centre is a large, multi-functional events complex, created as a community space for all players to use and enjoy. Since the project began back in December of 2015, myself and @Joliver have been working hard to ensure that the complex continues to grow, however other than a few minor events such as the 2016 Wintersday market, and parts of last year's Midsummer Festival, the complex has largely remained unused.

That is about to change...

We want the EXPO Centre to fulfil what is was built to do: be a space that is used by everybody. A space where there is always something happening, and always something new to explore.

We want to work with all members of our community to bring life into this space. We hope to create a yearly events schedule, which will allow any player to bring forward their own event ideas, and together we will help to make it a reality. Because of the size of the complex and the variety of different spaces we offer, this means that multiple events, exhibitions and competitions can happen simultaneously in different areas of the venue. A guide to the complex and the different areas it includes can be found below.

Last month I celebrated my 6th year as a member of this server. I have seen so many amazing things that the community has come up with over those 6 years - from Proms to Reality Shows. Now I want to help everybody, regardless of their balance or status on the server, to share their own experiences, ideas and talents with the rest of us, and to make sure that the ECC EXPO Centre lives up to it's purpose.

To visit EXPO just type /warp expo now!

Current Events:

EXPO Central Hall: 'BUILDER WARS'
    A special building-based competitive game. More info Coming Soon!

[​IMG]

The EXPO Gallery [Courtyard]: 'What ECC means to you'
    Share what the server means to you by leaving a special message on the courtyard wall. To contribute please message @outerlocal or @Joliver ingame.

[​IMG]

The EXPO Gallery: 'Art is for everybody'
    A collection of small artworks by players. To contribute please message @outerlocal or @Joliver ingame.

[​IMG]

Venue Spaces:

Central EXPO Hall:
    This large, circular hall is a large, versatile events space which can be easily adapted to suit your needs.

[​IMG]

EXPO Gardens:
    The gardens offer not only beautiful, peaceful surroundings, but also come equipped with a number of games including chess, connect 4, tic-tac-toe, snipe and a small go-kart track. There is a small lawn area where some temporary buildings can be place, although space for additional structures is limited. Perfect for intimate events such as weddings.

[​IMG]

EXPO Museum:
    The Museum comprises of a large, multi-level exhibition space, exploring the history of the server. Among our permanent exhibitions can be found recreations of iconic past buildings, and rare, unique items from previous events, as well as the heads of certain important players. Alongside these displays is detailed information about these objects, places or people, and why they are an important part of the server's history.

[​IMG]

[The Museum Atrium - undergoing renovations to include the ECC 'Spawn Star' from the 2015-2017 spawn.]
    [​IMG]

Permanent Exhibitions include: The History of Spawn, The Founding (coming soon), Staff History, The Midsummer Festival, and Natural History (coming soon). More permanent exhibitions will be added soon.

EXPO Gallery:
    The EXPO Gallery is a space for players to display their own in-game artworks. From intricate pixel art to interpretive sculptures. Want to contribute? Message @outerlocal for more information.

[​IMG]

The Gallery Gardens:
    This large green space is available for players to hire for temporary events. The space has been intentionally left as a blank canvas for you to use in whatever way you desire. Located next to the Amphitheatre, so the two spaces can be combined.

[​IMG]

The Amphitheatre:
    Exactly what is says on the tin. A small Amphitheatre ideal for group meetings, discussions, performances ect. Located next to the Gallery Gardens.

[​IMG]

Rainbow Spleef Arena:
    A small, hovering spleef arena, designed for 4 players. Each player has a designated colour and corresponding armour set, to help differentiate players. Losers will fall into a prepared water tank below, ensuring no injury to players.

[​IMG]

Rainbow Tower (Parkour Course):
    Coming soon

The Natural World - Biodomes & Animal Sanctuary
    The natural world covers the entirety of the West Expo site. 4 large 'Biodomes' dominate the area, each containing a unique biome: Arctic, Mesa, Forest & Jungle (The Jungle Biodome is currently undergoing renovations to become a Aviary). Beneath this area is the EXPO Animal Sanctuary, holding a range of minecraft wildlife for visitors to view.

[​IMG]

Venue Map:
    This slightly outdated map shows the layout of the EXPO complex and the surrounding area:
    [​IMG]

If you are interested in hosting or planning your own event here, please get in touch privately with @outerlocal and @Joliver. Remember, you don't have to have a fully formed idea to get in touch. We are here to help you with as much support as you need!

• Winner Winner x 10
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
    #1 outerlocal, Oct 2, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2017
  2. OppyStoppy

OppyStoppy Pain
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +636
    This looks amazing! Great job on it, guys!

(May I make an artwork?)

3. Frostystorm1

Frostystorm1 BulletClub ︻╦╤─ | Former Senior Super Moderator
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,095
    I absolutely love the idea behind this project, and the town itself looks so nice! Great work and I am looking forward to seeing what events will take place here :)

4. outerlocal

outerlocal Builder

Ratings:
    +567
    Definitely! Catch me in-game.

5. outerlocal

outerlocal Builder

Ratings:
    +567
    We're also always looking for donations towards the EXPO Museum. If you have any special/rare/unique items that you would like to donate, have any knowledge that you'd like to share, or have an idea for a new exhibit, get in touch! We also except monetary donations to help the museum expand & source new items. We are in special need of emerald blocks right now for a new exhibition we are working on, so if you have any spare blocks laying around please consider donating! Thanks!

6. CatLLC

CatLLC Builder

Ratings:
    +88
    Will you be posting here when a new event is coming up?

#6 CatLLC, Oct 4, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2017
  7. outerlocal

outerlocal Builder

Ratings:
    +567
    Yes I will be updating this post when new events are coming up so do keep checking back to see what is happening :)

8. outerlocal

outerlocal Builder

Ratings:
    +567
    The EXPO team are looking for ideas for halloween events. If you have any suggestions or are interested in hosting your own event there for halloween, comment below or message me directly :)

9. CatLLC

CatLLC Builder

Ratings:
    +88
    If we are just throwing out ideas, you could make a trick-or-treating game where you fill a bunch of dispensers with food (candy) but each dispenser has one piece of prot4 or a sharp5 or something. You could charge a few thousand dollars to participate to cover the cost of everything.

10. outerlocal

outerlocal Builder

Ratings:
    +567
    Interesting idea. Not sure exactly how it would work but definitely something along the 'trick or treat' idea would be good.

#10 outerlocal, Oct 7, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2017
  11. outerlocal

outerlocal Builder

Ratings:
    +567
    A huge thank you to @spaenjj for your very generous donation. Your name has been added to the donor memorial in the EXPO gardens :)

12. outerlocal

outerlocal Builder

Ratings:
    +567
    The EXPO 'Spook Week' is coming!

This Halloween EXPO is bringing you a whole week of Halloween fun! You can look forward to games, competitions and even a special halloween story to play through!

We're currently looking for players who will be available to help out with our events.
    If you'd like to be involved in organising or hosting any of Spook Week's events, please get in touch now!

[​IMG]

#12 outerlocal, Oct 16, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2017
  13. CatLLC

CatLLC Builder

Ratings:
    +88
    I'd love to help with something

14. outerlocal

outerlocal Builder

Ratings:
    +567
    'In space nobody can hear you scream...’:

A strange sickness has taken over the crew of the Zodiac space-station 'Colonial-1'.
    Alone, it’s up to you to fight off the infected and save the survivors.

/warp colonial_1 NOW to play Outbreak! - part of EXPO’s 'Spook Week' (25th-31st Oct). For more info see http://tinyurl.com/y9q4248q

[​IMG]

15. Rolandholmeskemp

Builder ⛰️ Ex-Resident ⚒️

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +7
    Man I've seen some amazing builds in my day on server after server, but ECC has got to hold the golden trophy for the most amazing builds. Looks great man!

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  16. rsdworker

rsdworker Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Resident ⚒️

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +60
    nice so there is housing - i see some places on map so how i or people get those apartments or its speical ones?

17. outerlocal

outerlocal Builder

Ratings:
    +567
    Yes we have apartments for sale that you can purchase. If you catch me ingame I will show you around :)