The Late Night Show Starring Apple #5 Guest: 314, the Irrational

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by appleprocucling, Dec 3, 2017.

1. appleprocucling

appleprocucling Ex-GameAdmin
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,073
    [​IMG]
    Edition #1: Bmanvman: http://tinyurl.com/ybtm7s9t
    Edition #2: Matrix_rep & Jose0213: http://bit.do/tlnssa2
    Edition #3: Nicit6 & Iceyerem: https://tinyurl.com/y7dzuc3k
    Edition #4: Strongpelt: https://tinyurl.com/yca45sxc
    Edition #5: 314, The Irrational: https://tinyurl.com/y6wb9s98
    Edition #6: ClarinetPhoenix: https://tinyurl.com/ydej7t8d
    Edition #7: andrewkm, JamieSinn & a_man21: https://tinyurl.com/y83sqm6a

Welcome to the fifth edition of the show! This time from our brand new studio 2 here in Foix Plaza! You can still nominate players for our $45,000 ECD giveaway. Simply tag a player you think deserves a little Christmas present.

Tonight's guest is irrational, a GameAdmin and celebrates 4 years on ECC; Please welcome 314!

[​IMG]

Hello Pi and welcome to Foix! To me, it seems like you have been a GameAdmin forever. How was your time before staff like? What were you up to?

Hello, apple - it's nice to be here today. To be honest, I actually don't remember a lot of it anymore - I haven't been orange in over 2.5 years. However, I do remember that I was mostly focusing on Piville and ECC bugs; my last major pre-staff project was Oasis_Farms in early 2015. ...and yet I'm still working on it today...

With so many farms on the server, do we really need more crops? And why is progress so slow, haha
    Not that im well known for finishing off projects myself.....

Well... I won the town in a giveaway and due to the name, I decided to keep the (mostly unfinished) farm layout. One of the main reasons for the slow progress is my decision to build it underground, combined with my design choice of ornamented walls using stone slabs. However, lack of free time was also another major factor.

You spend a lot of time checking out bugs and fixing them. Where does this passion come from?

To be honest: I don't remember. I've been trying to find bugs for so many years that I actually don't know how I started. I guess finding two major economy exploits in December 2014 and June 2015 was a great motivation, though.

What bugs were these and how did you find them?

I usually don't talk much about previous exploits, just in case, they reappear at some point in the future. The first was an inventory duplication bug within Spigot itself. The other was a trade sign exploit; it's actually my favorite exploit to date. It would have been nice if I had been able to keep just one minute's worth of ECD, though... ^_^

[​IMG]

Why did you decide to create a bot (Pivillean) for ECC?

That's actually a pretty good question. Just like most of my projects, Pivillean started as "This random idea sounds interesting, it's actually doable and I need a new sinkhole for my free time right now". Also, I like reading chat logs and using them for statistics.

How exactly does Pivillean do?

He's doing fine, thanks for asking.

Haha, that's great!
    I meant to say work. How does it work?

Pivillean is basically a program that runs on a console on my server; I can connect to it, read/send chat messages and every received message is saved to a log file. Pivillean also scans incoming PMs for commands and executes them if the sender has the required permission. I originally started with a simple read-only console without colors in 2016 and slowly improved it.

When it comes to coding and stuff like that, im as incompetent as someone could possibly be. Where do you learn all this? Is this something you plan making a career on irl?

I started learning Java and Python by reading online tutorials and the official language documentation, but also by dissecting all kinds of source code I could find on the internet. And yes, I do intend to use that knowledge - I'm currently studying Computer Engineering, which was my introduction to C as well.

How did you get your current username? Does it mean anything special to you? (Don't ask me the same question)

I obtained my username in the most boring way you can imagine - I bought a Minecraft account from Mojang. :p I created a Minecraft account in April 2011, entered the name "314" and was surprised that it hadn't been taken yet. This has never happened again with any other game I registered for and I still don't know why this name was available. And yes, it is special - three digit names with an actual meaning are rare and this is the one related to Pi.

[​IMG]

How did you end up with Minecraft and ECC in the first place? And do you do any coding/bug-stuff with other games?

Minecraft: I bought my account in April 2011, I guess it was pretty difficult not to know about Minecraft at that time and it looked interesting. ECC: I used to play another online game (which is actually related to my profile picture), but it shut down in November 2013. One of my friends from that game told me they had heard about a Minecraft economy server, so I decided to join it (and stayed, although they didn't follow).

And yes, in a way... I usually try to break as much as I can in many different games, but Minecraft is by far the easiest to break. I do admit that I tend to maltreat my own programs as well, which means that I usually spend a lot of time fixing bugs. However, I don't usually write code related to games - learning more about Minecraft Forge and Spigot is still on my to-do list.

If you were the server owner for a day, what would you do?

To be honest, I'd probably try to break some of ECC's most interesting plugins.

What do you think about VMR?

The new /booklet command has been proven to be 314-resistant so far. Oh, something other than coding... I really like the idea behind the booklet, collecting many different items and many of the same item is probably going to keep me busy for a very long time. In my opinion, the booklet makes VMR feel like an actual gamemode with an end goal instead of a simple weekly challenge.

How good are you at surviving in a vanilla world? Got any pvp skills to protect yourself from mobs/players?

My death count on the day of the VMR release quickly reached double digits, so I guess the answers are "terrible" and "not really".

[​IMG]

Your sense of humor is very "direct" and pun-based. Let's have a pun battle, and rate each others puns from 1-18 golf balls.

"With great power comes great electricity bill"
    dont say 3.14

3.14/15.

What does that mean? its out of 18, not 15.

18 doesn't fit the digits of Pi, though!
    ...okay, 14/18.

Good. now your turn

Since you mentioned great power already...

"Not paying your electricity bill can be delightful."

ehrm, I get it, but I didnt smile or anything
    3.13/18

:(

Actually, ill give you a 12 for that one

Okay, your turn.

yea yea gimme 1 sec gotta google some good ones
    wc

3.14/18 for effort, sir.

Im happy with that

The key to success is to work smarter not always harder

Did you hear that Steve Harvey and his wife got into a fight?
    It was a family feud

I bet 3.14 ECD you are googling his name rn

I guess I'm lucky that you can't /pay less than 5 ECD because you are right.

FYI: Steve Harvey is also the guy who announced the wrong winner at miss universe last year

[​IMG]

You only watch ZDF, dont you? Or RTL or whatever you have in Deutschland

Mostly public broadcasting (i.e. ZDF & ARD), yes.

Do you watch any Football/Bundesliga?

Not at all.

Anyway - this conversation has gone on for a while; have we actually learned anything interesting from this interview?

Well, we know that you like coding, and dont know who Steve Harvey is. I mean, its hard to interview people at times....

It can't be that difficult!

Alright then, how about we swap seats. Interview me instead!

Sure!

[​IMG]
    Hello, and welcome to today's second edition of The Late Night Show Starring Apple 314! Please welcome our special guest, full-time interviewer and part-time interviewee @appleprocucling!

[​IMG]
    Whoa, whoa, stop!
    Jeez, what kind of texturepack is that? I dont thing Late Night Shows excisted in the 1800's

I don't think I'm living anywhere past 1800 considering my music taste.

Based on music, I live in the 80's

I do, too - the 1780s.

Those were the days, feel old yet?

I feel like I'm 314.

...In the year 2094, close enough
    Is that your guess for skyblock release date?

No, that's March 25th, 2018. (Totally not because that's my three year anniversary on staff.)

Unless you get demoted...

Mr. Procucling, what was your reason to start the Late Night Show in the first place?

Oh god dont call me that!
    Staph

Mr. Apple, I repeat my question.

[​IMG]

Thank you

You see 314, I have been playing with the idea of making both a newsblog and a talkshow for a long time. Players have started up newsblogs time to time, but they have never lasted more than a few editions. I dont know the reasons, but I believe it must be quite difficult to find cases to write about all the time.

As of talkshows, shows like "two stars in a car getting coffee" and Jimmy Fallon, Conan O'Brien, Graham Northon etc etc has always been an inspiration when I have played with the idea of starting one myself on ECC. I have had this idea in the back of my head for well over a year. I just didnt find the right time to put it to life, until now. Im still experimenting with the show, trying to find its true identity and format.

Apart from Idkhowtoplay, who had an actual ECC podcast a few years ago, no one has really done anything like this before. Its like walking thru a jungle and feeling your way around to see what works and what doesnt work in a format like this. The show is coming to an end this December, but that doesnt mean its over forever. Im going to take a few weeks break from the show, and see if I might want to do another round. Its very time demanding, and I probably spend 2-3 hours in total making each edition.

That being said, I already have lots of ideas on how to take the show to the next level and to come even closer to its full potential. So lets keep fingers crossed that I get the motivation to keep this going and fire up the BBQ for another round sometime in 2018.

That sounds like a lot of work - we'll be excited for season two!

....If there will be one. I dont want to promise anything

Don't worry, we'll take it as a promise anyway.

Great...

[​IMG]

Note to self: The former interviewer likes talking more than his previous interviewee. I need to think of more questions.

Haha, I know how to please an interviewer. Ive been in those shoes long enough to know at this point
    Im not going to mention any names, but some guests has been a lot easier to inerview than others...
    I dont really want to be "that" guest

Indeed, that sounds like a certain GameAdmin you previously interviewed. Fortunately, I am now the one asking the questions!

That reminds me - sinde I run this show now, we are going to make it a bit more profitable.

Didnt know you were that commercial pi

Welcome back to the Late Night Show Starring 314, we have finally returned to answer the final question of our interview. (Don't forget to file your Tycoon applications, though!)

Welcome back? Were we even gone?

Indeed we were - those advertisements are neither cheap nor short!

Who did you pay to get the ad?

The show host.

Thats money laundring, pi

Now, the time has come to ask the ultimate question: What is your estimate for the Skyblock release? You love asking that question, so you must have a guess yourself.

Ask something interesting, this is your chance.

Okay, okay... I admit: Hosting a Late Night Show interview is hard and you are the better interviewer.

Thank you
    As of skyblock date, January 15th, 2018

Well then, I guess that means we have reached the end of our interview. It was nice to have you as a guest on your my show!

But before our viewers leave us and wait until the next episode of the Late Night Show, I just want to add one more thing... after a short commercial break!

Like Dr.Phil right there; "Ill solve your personal crisis, right after this"

Welcome back to the final part of the Late Night Show. As promised, I wanted to say one last thing... thank you for watching the commercials, our sponsor appreciates it!

Who are they?

Our sponsor prefers to remain anonymous. He is suspected to be addicted to processing forum applications, though.

And eating bugs, ive heard

And thank you, @appleprocucling, for inviting me to your show - even though it's mine now. That's it, everyone - check back next time for another edition of the Late Night Show!

314, hand back the keys to the studio

[​IMG]

I'm sorry, what did you say?

Nevermind

Maybe I should have let him out before closing the door...

[​IMG]

Oh, and I just realized... There is music for the interviews

#1 appleprocucling, Dec 3, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
  2. 314

314 Irratioπal President, former ServerAdmin
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $27,000,000
    Ratings:
    +4,866
    @314, because he could use that money to buy back the studio keys from the server.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  3. 6_28

6_28
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,658
    Best one yet!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. OppyStoppy

OppyStoppy Pain

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +636
    Excellent! Very long and humorous, I enjoyed it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. appleprocucling

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,073
    Thanks a lot!

Don't forget to nominate players for the $45,000 ECD Giveaway! Simply tag the user you want to nominee!

6. OppyStoppy

OppyStoppy Pain

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +636
    • Like Like x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
  7. rileyjl

rileyjl Mayor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +340
    Omg that was great!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. soyuzpixel

soyuzpixel Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +826
    loved that interview, hope i get a chance to be on this show sometime :D applepie mashup gets a 314 out of 314

9. appleprocucling

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,073
    Next Friday, guess whos coming!

[​IMG]

10. soyuzpixel

soyuzpixel Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +826
    clar and a_man?

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  11. OppyStoppy

OppyStoppy Pain

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +636
    Yea, I got that too.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  12. 314

314 Irratioπal President, former ServerAdmin
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $27,000,000
    Ratings:
    +4,866
    InstrumentCrossBird and amazondotcom_persongambling? :p

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  13. _Mandy

_Mandy Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +91
    I got clar And aman like the users above

#13 _Mandy, Dec 5, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
  14. Ozzyblack21

Ozzyblack21 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +12,433
    Not me that's for sure.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  15. appleprocucling

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,073
    "A" for Australia
    Australians = Aussie
    Aussie = Ozzy

Person is colored black

The image is taken of a game called "21"

@Ozzyblack21 comfirmed?

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  16. Ozzyblack21

Ozzyblack21 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ratings:
    +12,433
    Up to you, maybe when the internet is back ;)

17. appleprocucling

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,073
    Your internet has been gone for so long, maybe I should interview that instead

18. Ozzyblack21

Ozzyblack21 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ratings:
    +12,433
    It's back Monday okay! :(

19. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,271
    #19 Jdawger, Dec 7, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
  20. appleprocucling

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,073
    This Saturday: ClarinetPhoenix & a_man21 guests The Late Night Show