The Late Night Show Starring Apple #6 Guest: ClarinetPhoenix

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by appleprocucling, Dec 11, 2017.

?

Are you looking forward to Christmas?

1. Yes

88.9%
  2. No

11.1%
  1. appleprocucling

appleprocucling Ex-GameAdmin
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,073
    [​IMG]
    Edition #1: Bmanvman: http://tinyurl.com/ybtm7s9t
    Edition #2: Matrix_rep & Jose0213: http://bit.do/tlnssa2
    Edition #3: Nicit6 & Iceyerem: https://tinyurl.com/y7dzuc3k
    Edition #4: Strongpelt: https://tinyurl.com/yca45sxc
    Edition #5: 314, The Irrational: https://tinyurl.com/y6wb9s98
    Welcome! Whoever you are, wherever you are! Here at the Late Night Show, we are all one big family, and tonight my friends we are lucky enough to have ClarinetPhoenix in our sofa! a_man21 was also supposed to be here, but he got stuck in the lift on the way up to the studio, and since 314 sold the studio keys, which also works to open the elevatorshaft, a_man21 won't make it until next edition.

Also congratulations to the newest staff promotion, and a special thanks to those who left the staff team. You will be missed.

[​IMG]

You can still nominate players for the $45,000 ECD Giveaway! Simply tag any user you want to nominee. Winners are announced in our last edition.

Now, one of the studio light bulbs went out earlier, so its a bit darker than usual, but we won't let us stop by that. Please welcome ClarinetPhoenix!

[​IMG]

Hello Clar, and welcome to the show! Christmas is coming up, on a scale from 1-18 golf balls, how excited are you?

oh shit, its 8am, I am NOT awake. XD Let me grab some coffee

The late night show is starting VERY late you see

and ah, yes, it seems to be starting very late. XD Just wish my phone hadn't died or all the notifications would of woken me

My excitement for Christmas, I'd say a 12, I don't expect much in the way of gifts this year, but I have lots of plans for fun stuff. I have much to be thankful for and its just the time of the year to be happy and be joyful. I also adore Christmas music and will sing songs all month long. It is also my first year being downtown in my city alot during the Holidays, I am really enjoying seeing all the decorations and seeing everyone's good spirit. It really is a beautiful time of the year for me.

Yep, christmas is pretty awesome. I really love music and the chilled atmosphe, especialy when the snow has fallen, everything gets so much more quiet, especialy in the city. I see the forums got its christmas banner up, but how about in-game, will there be any special decoration or events?

Indeed, we have already begun decorating spawn and the Events area for Christmas. We definitely have some events planned for the month of December. Stay tuned to find out about those :D. I'm personally excited about some returning events that were a huge success last year. I'm just happy I can find the time to host anything. Life is soo much busier for me now. XD

Ah, im really looking forward to hearing what events you have planned! I wanna ask you a bit about the past, you have been on the server for over 3.5 years now. How did you find ECC, and what were your builder days like?

I found ECC tbh on PMC, I was looking for a large stable server with mcmmo and economy. I wanted to come and build Hogwarts; that was actually my main goal, but I didn't want to do it all in a few days, I wanted a long-term game with economy, ranking and in general a challenge. ECC was perfect for my needs. My builder days...well I spent them banned at first. Turns out I had been on ECC before! Well... we won't go into that.

Anyway, my first days I spent building my little cave home in the ground in the wild. I am extremely independant so I didn't want anyone to help me build or rank up. I remember watching Staff helping users in chat, I remember learning alot from watching chat and seeing others ask questions. The early days were quiet for me, I didn't talk much, I worked on my home, built myself a little farm under a lake, voted and sold my nstars. I did this all the way till I had enough to rank up to Mayor. I then settled my mayor town about 100 blocks from my little Builder house. Pretty boringfirst days, but I was adamament about doing it all myself.

[​IMG]

From a quiet and independent mayor, to a well known ServerAdmin. Something happened along the way, right? What made you want to apply for staff, and what do you think got you picked and later promoted to SA?

I was here during the August 2014 stuff, which some of you know about, I won't go into it, the past is the past. I decided to apply for Staff because I saw how much fun other users had helping out the community and how alot of the Staff were friends. I'm not exactly sure what entirely made me apply besides those. I had been staff before on other servers, the ability to moderate and lead seemed to come naturally to me. I just decided one day I wanted to be a part of it. I applied and was selected 3 days later.

Its hard to speak for the minds of others on the decisions made about yourself, not if you're wanting to be modest. But I guess I'll hazard that the reason I was selected is because I demostrated a calm and level head as well as maturity and patience. Going through alot of drama at the time I didn't really lose my head or anything, and my interest was really into helping the server continue.

I have always been dedicated to ECC, its such a huge part of my life, I think that really stands out and that is why I rose so quickly in the ranks. Sometimes I look back and think "Idk how I got here, but I love it anyway!" Man it makes me feel old to look back on it all, I know I'm not as old as some, but I've got some years under my belt. lol

You mentioned earlier that your life is much busier for you these days. I heard you are going back to studying! Is it hard to combine work school and server administrative tasks? Will you have time to do all this?

I think I will, I've always been good at managing my time. I don't look forward to spending less time on ecc, but one has to make sacrifices to improve one's life. I currently work a full-time job and I'm set to return to school this Jan. I don't know how I'll manage it, but I suspect I'll make it work.

It can be hard, mostly I find that getting up early in the morning really gives me time to work on things and get then done without distractions or the hustle and bustle of the main day. Every morning I wake up and decide what it is I plan to accomplish. Once I get that done I'm generally free to spend the rest of my day doing other tasks that are not as urgent. I will find a way.

Sounds like you are a very structured person. When I wake up I'm like "is it weekend yet? Oh shit its not....". Then I spend the first six hours of the day being half asleep until I get home from school and sleep 2-3 hours before I realize that I now don't have time to go to town or work out since its already dark and almost time for dinner. Repeat 5 times a week.

You have been on the server for some years, two less than me though, but not until recently has ECC come up with a new major gamemode with VMR. What are your thoughts of it?

Honestly, I love VMR. Some users find it extremely difficult after years of playing ECC which is loaded with disabled MC mechanics, features and "cheats" to make gameplay easier. I really love going back to barebones vanilla MC, but with a challenge and competative aspect. I suspect I was better equipped for survival play after playing so much Ark: Survival Evolved. That is a pretty intense survival game, nothing like MC, but the minset you need for survival is much different than the main server.

My favorite thing about VMR is legit playing MC vanilla with my friends, being able to work out strategies to grind to the top in the least amount of effort possible...automation via MC. We don't always win, but the fun we have is worth more than the money for winning. I am also especially stoked about the recent booklet release. It definitely plays off of some users tendency to collect and hoard as well as entice me to find the best possible way to gather any block in mass amounts on ECC for the booklet, especially through MC automation.

I also love that now there is a way to play VMR without having to grind it from day one, as we discussed earlier I definitely won't have the time to grind to the top 5 for VMR in a few weeks. I also look forward to see what else ECC comes up with. Really honestly super excited for what is to come.

[​IMG]

There is also a planned skyblock release. Personally I have no idea how skyblock works or what to expect. What do you think of it being added to ECC? Is adding more gamemodes the right way of developing the server for the future?

Its hard to predict what is the right direction for ECC, in my humble opinion just providing a fun gaming experience without destorying what ECC is, a community would be the general direction to go. It is also hard to predict what will be added besides the officially annouced Skyblock, As we saw with VMR and the VMR booklet, sometimes ideas just flow and entirely new concepts appear despite what is already planned.

I'm looking forward to skyblock, with VMR's release I've discovered I still have a great love for MC as it is in vanilla. I look forward to the same concept but Skyblock style, building and automating, using innovation expanding my island and just trying to build something awesome by only starting with a few blocks. Really really excited. For the post part I'm feeling optimistic about the future, and I'll be here for it all. XD

What makes you feel optimistic?

I just like seeing ECC progress, I have loved this server for almost 4 years and I'm happy to see it grow and continue to be a place that many users, including myself call home. Theres really not "in it for anything" for me, I just love playing this server.

We are running out of time, but I want to ask you about your username, does it mean anything special?
    Does it have anything to do with a clarinet located in Phoenix?

Nah
    it does have significance tho

I've stuck with it since the majority of my internet network knows me by this name now. I did marching band in high school and I played the Clarinet. It was a very wonderful experience for me and taught me some of my first lessons about real life. The phoenix is a personal symbol to me, I love birds, always have always will and I have always consiered myself someone of fire, either my temper or just my tendency to burn bright. So I chose the phoenix as my personal symbol.

I am also a person who loves music, that is another reason I chose to represent my musical ability

Thats amazing! Speaking of music, you decide tonights musical feature! Whos it gonna be?

Because one should always be able to dance and feel good. It makes life less of a grind

Ah, gotta love that song! One last thing: What date do you think the skyblock wil be released? And from 1-18 golf balls, how much did you enjoy being here tonight?

hmm Skyblock. Lets say February 12th, and hope for sooner. I'm still really excited for it but I rather see a well-built gamemode over a rushed project. :3 As for being here, I'd say a 12. Nothin wrong with a little attention now and then. I thank you for the opportunity to appear on your show!

12/18 - Not too bad, haha. Thanks for coming in to Foix Plaza, and merry Christmas

To you as well

#1 appleprocucling, Dec 11, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2017
  2. OppyStoppy

OppyStoppy Pain
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +636
    Very good read, i enjoyed it! I learn alot about clar!

3. 6_28

6_28
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,658
    +1

4. a_man21

a_man21 a_manda
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,311
    I'm still stuck in the elevetor, just saying........ @314 how's it coming with the key?

5. 314

314 Irratioπal President, former ServerAdmin
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +4,866
    I'm selling backup keys for $314,000.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. a_man21

a_man21 a_manda
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,311
    I'll have to start fundraising then, unless Apple wants to conduct the interview through the elevator doors.

7. soyuzpixel

soyuzpixel Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +826
    *apple shouts down elevator shaft*...
    would love to see this actually! make this happen
    ** @a_man21 liked it, make it happen **

#7 soyuzpixel, Dec 11, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
  8. appleprocucling

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,073
    I'll make sure to document the rescue operation for the next edition.

• Like Like x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
    #8 appleprocucling, Dec 11, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
  9. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,271
    Might wanna edit that ;)

10. appleprocucling

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,073
    What are you talking about? :p

11. Jdawger

ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,271
    I dunno. English is my second language (Pig Latin in my primary) :p

12. appleprocucling

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,073
    Update regarding the state of @a_man21

[​IMG]
    The $314,000 ECD demanded by the studio key hostage taker 314, has been paid. Keys are expected to arrive in Foix with FedEx express within 1-2 days. Updates to follow in the next edition starring JamieSinn.

13. Jdawger

Ratings:
    +3,271
    FedEx?
    UPS is where it's at.

14. appleprocucling

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,073
    This Monday:
    The final episode of "The Late Night Show Starring Apple"

These are the main suspects for the big finale:
    [​IMG]
    Watch The Late Night Show end with its most epic edition yet. Do not miss it.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
    #14 appleprocucling, Dec 14, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2017
  15. appleprocucling

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,073
    Working on the 7th and last edition of The Late Night Show as we speak. Featuring andrewkm, JamieSinn, and a_man21

#15 appleprocucling, Dec 18, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2017