Denied Trophy Categories

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Jdawger, Dec 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,271
    Minecraft Name:
    Jdawger
    Suggestion:
    Having the option to change the organization of all trophies and/or separating them into child categories (like “Posts,” “Ratings Received,” “Membership length” etc)
    Reason:
    As most of these these are tiered trophies (meaning you need a certain one before another and so on), it gives a better overall game plan and viewing pleasure.
    Other Information:
    The way it is set up now is also good, so keep it as a default “All Categories” option.

Also, I wrote this at 2:30am after a long night of studying for finals, so if I need to clarify anything, lmk

2. purplelegoender

purplelegoender [⚜EcoLegend⚜][⚜Philosopher⚜][⚜RogueDivision⚜]
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +5,062
    Kinda like how I’m doing it on my Forum Goals Thread? Because it looks better and easier to read them.

Although, they used to be set up to where whenever you seen a forum post trophy, a new level of them would start, now I have to go by it by the points made, so the Tiers are set up whenever the points change.

But, I decided to set them up in an organized order (like I’m doing now) to where it’s easier to tell how many I still need to accomplish of Those Trophies and how many points made or how many I still need and if they’re complete I put “Completed” or if I haven’t completed them all I’ll put “Progressing”

But I like this suggestion, it could potentially be beneficial, if it isn’t a hassle of an objective to complete.

+1

3. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,271
    Yeah kinda like that. Right now it is in the tiered from 0 points to 10000. This is mostly supposed to be so someone can see what like categories they are in (example is forum balance trophies)

4. purplelegoender

Ratings:
    +5,062
    Forum Premium being the most extensive amount (10,000).

I’m not finished yet, but if you look in the Trophies section on my Thread you’ll see, although some Trophies would be alone in a Tier, such as the “Happy Birthday” Trophy.

5. purplelegoender

Ratings:
    +5,062
    Like....

http://prntscr.com/hn5boq
    http://prntscr.com/hn5gfz

And not...

http://prntscr.com/hn5fpd

Because this is how it is on the Trophy Page right now. Just slightly more colorful. Lol.

6. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,066
    Our Xenforo forum installation is currently on a complete code freeze.
    What you are asking for would require a completely custom add-on to be written for our current 1.5.X version. This would be impractical and useless however as Xenforo 2.X is out.

Xenforo 2.X is a major internal overhaul requiring every. single. add-on. (we have 40+) to be re-written. (We're talking 1-2 months of dedicated forum work).

You may re-suggest this when we release our 2.X installation. That's if 2.X doesn't already have what you are asking for. 2.X has changed the entire look and feel of the forum and has added dozens of new revamped features.

All in all, we cannot do this right now.

Our scheduled update to 2.X is currently set for Winter 2018. (This is about 12 months from now). At this time we believe the new version will be stable and good for launch on ECC. (Keep in mind we need to wait a good year as tons of our add-ons are managed by individual developers who are not affiliated with us, and many of them won't update add-ons until mid-2018.)

TL;DR = Our forums are on a code freeze as we wait for 2.X to be trusted as stable enough for production work, as well as wait on all add-ons to update.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
    #6 andrewkm, Dec 15, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.