Denied [VMR Server Suggestion] No Modifications

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by 1aughter, Aug 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1aughter

1aughter Oɾαɳɠҽ GαɱҽAԃɱιɳ
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,763
    In Game Name:
    xMysto_
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    VMR Server
    Short title for your suggestion:
    No Modifications
    What are you suggesting:
    This probably has been suggested before, but here it is. Illegal modifications that aren't allowed on Main and our other servers should also not be allowed in VMR. VMR is vanilla, therefore modifications shouldn't be allowed anyways.
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    Makes it more fair for all players. Yes, we were told that everyone can use whatever means necessary to play VMR, but why allow illegal mods when they are specified as 'illegal' on the other servers.
    Other information:
    n/a
    Plugin or custom addition:
    n/a
    One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • List
  2. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,269
    +1
    Mods are technically not vanilla, so why allow them for a server that advertises itself as vanilla

3. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    So are we banning all mods or just the ones you don't like?

4. Jdawger

ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,269
    I think he is suggesting to disallow mods that automate processes that shouldn’t be automated (i.e autofishing, auto clicker, auto mine, auto mob grinding to name a few)

Essentially the ones that are not allowed in main or Skyblock

#4 Jdawger, Aug 14, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2018
  5. ajp79

ajp79 President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +912
    How bout we just ban people for cheating period...

Yeah I know it’s not easy and thought to regulate but that’s what we have staff for..

Start by clearly defining rules of what can be used..

Allow SMods+ the ability to randomly TP to VMR players while invisible. If they see something suspicious get a GA involved and issue a warning of sorts and/or kick players.. if worthy of ban/wipe make it happen but the reality is with this in place I bet things will begin to change..Currently with the amount of players in VMR being only 5-10 at a time I don’t see why this is too difficult.. If no staff is on and you are willing to risk it.. go for it

I’m not entirely sure why this is so difficult?

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  6. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    Because witch hunting the playerbase just shows you don't trust anybody. People don't like situations where they're effectively guilty until proven innocent.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
  7. ajp79

ajp79 President

Ratings:
    +912
    I don’t see it as a witch hunt when we are discussing VMR.. Sure on the other servers I agree, however when you are talking about the ability to win very large sums of ECD for essentially cheating with little or no regulation there really needs to be a line drawn..

I’m not saying anyone should be accused or even made to feel guilty.. In some cases it may be unintentional or just misunderstood. That is why we have moderators in the first place. If they are not capable of making a clear determination on someone who is clearly cheating to win then they shouldn’t be involved in the process altogether..

And then you have the trust of other players.. who may want to play a week of VMR and won’t cheat to win.. They should be able to trust that their hard work and time isn’t wasted because someone figured out how to use a mod/macro to generate money while essentially doing nothing. Whose trust is more important?

If all we are looking for here is a server that basically promotes the idea of whoever has found and used the best cheats available to them deserves to win then we should just call it that and be done with it.. most players I have met have put many hours into playing VMR legitimately and have quit playing because they feel there really isn’t a point.

Maybe it is a grey area.. but there needs to be line. Saying “anything goes” just because we don’t want to deal with the headaches just seems lazy to me.

8. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6

Ratings:
    +8,058
    It's not cheating though, unless this thread is approved. Just because you think it is doesn't make it cheating. If it were, however, this is absolutely witch hunting. Going after players in the off-chance that they happen to be cheating is a witch hunt.

That's why the vast majority off staff aren't allowed to make the determination - only a select few higher ups.

I'm not against restricting hacks on VMR but I am against wasting staff time to do it. It'll cause a disporportionate amount of admin time being spent on a gamemode that generally sees very little play.

9. JokerBoss99

JokerBoss99 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +529
    Like Nicit has said, I don’t think it’s worth the time for staff to enforce the rules on that server as nothing really can be done with hacked clients anyways, the anticheat blocks most of the stuff. This part is my opinion, VMR should be a free for all, as that is purely vanilla Minecraft. Pure vanilla Minecraft has people that can inject whatever they want into the client to abuse mechanics. The anticheat prevents most of these people from cheating anyways, so it’s just MR if you remove the cheats

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  10. Drewbo_

Drewbo_ Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    -1 PURE VANILLA

11. Jdawger

Ratings:
    +3,269
    I would assume it would be enforced the same way Staff enforces illegal mods in the main/Sb servers: if they suspect anyone of illegal activity, then they would report it to higher ups (but not stalking players in vanish). Don’t forget the original suggestion is to disallow the mods that are illegal on main, but not for VMR, not disallow them and have staff stalk players to see if they are following rules.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
    #11 Jdawger, Aug 17, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2018
  12. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6

Ratings:
    +8,058
    Okay but then how do you enforce it at all?

13. ajp79

ajp79 President

Ratings:
    +912
    I’m still confused at to what the issue is? VMR is a contest that players willfully enter into each week to win a prize... no different then any other contest on any server.

I’m sure if a player uses unfair mods to win a “build” competition there would be hell.

As far as a witch hunt.. if the issue is that mods are invisible then forget that. They can just simply TP to players randomly like a referee to some degree and check. If there is an issue/abuse with how this is done then demote the staff. Let players know that staff will be checking periodically for any unfair play and will warn/kick/ban depending on the severity of offense.

Personally I don’t teally care myself. I still win regardless. I’m just suggesting a more level playing field so maybe more players will participate from week to week, which is what makes VMR fun. Not having the same players win week after week because they know how to cheat the system.

14. Exile1999

Exile1999 Ex-OPBuilder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Resident ⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,020
    lol

15. Baccuus

Baccuus President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐

Ratings:
    +130
    And it’s not like there’s hundreds of players playing VMR lol
    12 players give or take.

16. Exile1999

Exile1999 Ex-OPBuilder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Resident ⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,020
    Regarding more players playing VMR... I think people don't play because they find it boring, not because they think people hack. Just curious, do you know of any hacks that /actually/ work with the anti-cheat in place?

17. Jdawger

Ratings:
    +3,269
    Think the auto clickers / auto fishing

18. crowfeather2001

crowfeather2001 Resident
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

EcoDollars:
    $640,397
    Ratings:
    +237
    So, as Jamie has said in the past, the way VMR is done, is "VMR is basically this, if you can get it to work, it's fair game." Mods, and third-party stuff is the way Minecraft was made. You can add them to Vanilla survival in order to add to the game. VMR is basically a single player world. Think of it like that. Anything you could and would do in a single player, you can do in VMR.

19. 1aughter

1aughter Oɾαɳɠҽ GαɱҽAԃɱιɳ
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,763
    pump

20. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,056
    Suggestions like this are simply impossible to do & regulate.

To those giving off the most illogical arguements ever above, you are welcome to spend 12 hours a day hunting down every suspected hacker. Do send me your resume to [email protected] - The pay is unfortunately $0 USD/hour. Any takers?

Seriously, no staff will be online constantly in VMR witch hunting and catching players.
    And when one is finally caught out of the blue, they will complain that other's were not, etc.

If it gets past our anti-cheat, congrats, fair game. We cannot block everything and I won't make these kinds of rules on a game mode that really doesn't have that much traffic nor staff dedication.

It's really easy to ask for this kind of stuff lol, just not so easy to step up and do it ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
    #20 andrewkm, Aug 31, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.