[VMR Server Suggestion] Shorter night time

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Canadian_Apple, Sep 13, 2026.

  1. Canadian_Apple

    Canadian_Apple President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

    Joined:
    Dec 2, 2012
    Messages:
    708
    Trophy Points:
    61,660
    Gender:
    Male
    EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +3,317
    In Game Name:
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    VMR Server​
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Shorter night time​
    What are you suggesting:
    A shorter night time​
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    Night time seems far too long, especially considering mobs continue to spawn and exist at sunrise, and during rainfall. I feel that I am always hiding indoors!​
    Other information:
    Maybe increase day time or decrease night time by 1 minute.​
    Plugin or custom addition:
    none​
    One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.​
     
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Potato Potato x 2
    • List
  2. Foyyy

    Foyyy Staff Member
    Moderator President ⛰️⛰️

    Joined:
    Jul 18, 2021
    Messages:
    20
    Trophy Points:
    24,300
    Ratings:
    +15
  3. Melbster

    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ Resident ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

    Joined:
    Mar 18, 2020
    Messages:
    129
    Trophy Points:
    27,460
    Gender:
    Female
    Ratings:
    +95
    -1

    pretty sure vmr follows vanilla daylight “hours” and the point for vmr is a competitive hardcore vanilla world… there are A LOT of work arounds for mob control in Minecraft but from what I tend to see people don’t get to the point of figuring that out before quitting vmr and paying someone else to work on their prestige. IMO other things could help improve the vmr experience but changing vanilla mechanics shouldn’t be part of that.
     
    • Potato Potato x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  4. Canadian_Apple

    Canadian_Apple President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

    Joined:
    Dec 2, 2012
    Messages:
    708
    Trophy Points:
    61,660
    Gender:
    Male
    EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +3,317
    I get your point but, if this is a "vanilla" world, then why can't I sleep when I am the only one on the server? Seems like that's how it is in vanilla? If you think other things could improve VMR, then what are your suggestions? Make some threads!
     
  5. siraj93

    siraj93 ECC Sponsor
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

    Joined:
    Apr 6, 2014
    Messages:
    353
    Trophy Points:
    70,670
    Gender:
    Male
    Ratings:
    +37
    -1
    A great solution for faster solo play/run farming, and better safety. Not for the multi-player experience.

    Been playing some vmr since i came back to ecc, mobs are annoying, a creeper creeping from behind a tree while farming, is an absolute nightmare.
    But that's the vmr. Get some good enchants, better hiding spots. Not an expert my self, but sure you can manage it without decrease night time.
    I mean it already feels like a solo run in VMR, two weeks in and not a single player met in vmr, so have no danger from other players grieving, attacking, etc..

    Keep the mobs at atleast for that.

    I think vmr in ECC needs more players, not solutions to make the solo playing safer.
    Maybe a party system for vmr (assuming we have none yet), but I can't be sure what the terms, gains and sharing would be.
     
  6. Canadian_Apple

    Canadian_Apple President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

    Joined:
    Dec 2, 2012
    Messages:
    708
    Trophy Points:
    61,660
    Gender:
    Male
    EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +3,317
    Please close this forum. New vmr sleeping implentation solves all of my problems. No more insomnia