Denied [Website & Forums Suggestion] Have an "ECC Staff" account on the forum

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by FuryFudge, Jan 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FuryFudge

    FuryFudge IDK ask Fury
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IV ⭐ Premium Upgrade

    Joined:
    Sep 21, 2013
    Messages:
    3,177
    Trophy Points:
    94,160
    Gender:
    Male
    Ratings:
    +2,316
    In Game Name:
    FuryFudge​
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    Website & Forums​
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Have an "ECC Staff" account on the forum​
    What are you suggesting:
    I am suggesting that there be an "ECC Staff" forum account. And that all threads coming from the staff team (like the ones announcing competitions/events) be created through this account and all previous threads like this be copy pasted onto the "ECC Staff" account.​
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    I got this idea from when I moderated the FortniteBR subreddit. They had the same thing which was put in place so all announcements etc seemed like they were coming from the staff as a collective rather than the individual and it meant that all positive or negative reception of information didn't affect an individual. I believe this reasoning can apply here as well.​
    Other information:
    None of the announcements should be credited to an individual in my opinion, as most are not the result of that individual's effort. (Andrew excluded of course)​
    Plugin or custom addition:
    N/A​
    One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.​
     
    #1 FuryFudge, Jan 15, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
  2. 314

    314 Irrational GameAdmin, former ServerAdmin
    EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ VI ⭐ Premium Upgrade

    Joined:
    Apr 1, 2014
    Messages:
    7,219
    Trophy Points:
    101,160
    EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +4,919
    But I like my sticky threads. D:
    (I'll admit, in this case I do consider myself biased because I'd like to keep my stickies.)

    On a more serious note:
    If it's for the sake of consistency, we already have an account named "andrewkm" for the most important stickies. I don't see any real benefit of having a separate account to own sticky threads just because "most are not the result of that individual's effort" (and, on that note, the ones you mentioned are).

    As I said, I'm definitely biased here - personally, I consider the non-andrew stickies to be part of ECC's staff history (just like the News subforum, which also has a mix of andrew, staff, and non-staff without any issues) and I'd hate to see that part erased.
     
  3. FuryFudge

    FuryFudge IDK ask Fury
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IV ⭐ Premium Upgrade

    Joined:
    Sep 21, 2013
    Messages:
    3,177
    Trophy Points:
    94,160
    Gender:
    Male
    Ratings:
    +2,316
    Yes my thoughts were a bit all over the place and when I was writing it I wasn't really thinking of that it may seem I was saying that all threads like this took no effort from the individual, sorry about that. On that train of thought I was more thinking of like the announcement that staff apps are open or there is a new building competition.

    (Eg https://ecocitycraft.com/forum/threads/skyblock-season-3-island-build-competition-futuristic.177839/)

    And while threads made by ex-staff members do contribute to the history of ECC staff, I still maintain it doesn't quite look right to have stickies by Residents/Builders which seem to represent staff interests.

    Eg



    But I do understand your viewpoint though, because especially with the example I am using here, it is obvious you put in a lot of effort to create it (and thanks for that). I would be willing to relent this point, so I will edit it out.
     
    #3 FuryFudge, Jan 16, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
  4. andrewkm

    Founder Premium Upgrade

    Joined:
    Apr 5, 2011
    Messages:
    20,973
    Trophy Points:
    121,160
    Ratings:
    +15,253
    Not needed, as well I have quite a few reasons as to why this won’t happen.
     
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.