Why do you play ECC?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Imaginex, Mar 12, 2024.

1. Imaginex

Imaginex Living in a Daydream
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $5,655,100
    Ratings:
    +1,244
    The recent suggestion got me thinking that although ECC is an Economy server, people don't play just for the economy; there are tons of different ways to use the economy to play! I love the money making aspect, and the regularity of the way the server is set up, but that's not why I play. For some people, economy is the end goal, but a majority of players use the economy to complete other objectives.

First and formost, I'm a builder. I love giant projects, terraforming, and generally experimenting with ideas. I use the economy to fufill this goal: I buy blocks from players, I may rent tools to clear areas, and I buy a ton of towns. In the future, I may choose to sponser new players who also wish to build, with either money or blocks as resources.

I also have a solid group of friends on the server, whom keep dragging me back....

2. Mission001

Mission001 Ex-EcoLegend HⱻặĐHůƞẗǝɍ
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $495
    Ratings:
    +6,478
    Nostalgia
    Pretty much it, I feel like I've invested a lot into the server and I don't like Minecraft itself much anymore, when I have the itch to play it, this is the only place I'll come because of the reasons mentioned above.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. Zedoker

Zedoker ~|Huggable Ex-GameAdmin & Ex-Tomkfc Lover|~
    ECC Sponsor Tycoon ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,312
    At times i get an idea in my head of something to build or sell and i do it, cue in the lotto cathedral and my 2 town project that i keep throwing things into lol

4. 314

314 Irratioπal President, former ServerAdmin
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $2,499,999
    Ratings:
    +4,866
    Sounds familiar.

(Also rebuilding Piville and whatever current side project I get distracted by.)

5. KiwiAngelTwist

KiwiAngelTwist EcoLegend
    EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +204
    Minecraft is really the only game I play and since I've joined ECC I haven't really done anything else. One day I'll finish my park (I hope). Truly I suck at economy, but I do enjoy helping people in VMR. It's nice being around fellow nerds too. Late nights with Andrew are also entertaining XD

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  6. coow_coow

coow_coow Shiny Staff
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ Game Admin EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Prestige ⭐ VI ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +568
    I play ecc so I can start 669 different builds and tasks only to either
    A. Get distracted
    B. Start another project
    C. Unable to source blocks
    D. Maintain shops
    F. Cf and Raf
    G. Laugh at jdawgers suggestions
    H. Watch Andrew make a tit of himself
    I. help a noob
    J. Dirt
    K. Events
    L. Saying obscene things to lopporit in ch fucker and this is becoming a list so okay bye now thanks for reading

BUT wait! There's more ...

- click here for spoiler -

Jk okay bye again

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  7. Riggs316

Riggs316 The Ultimate Rigger
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +763
    I play because I have fun. I like building random things in my towns, even though I may not be that great at it. I don't care though, it's fun. Plus the community. It's all kept me coming back over the last 10 years, and will continue to do so until this place shuts down.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Happy Happy x 1
    • List
  8. OmniCrafters

OmniCrafters President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +10
    For me, economy survival is my preference. I found that some other servers have unreliable economic systems, inconsistent and broken plugins, and if I am going to invest time building in an economy server then at the very least the economy plugins must work! They do on ECC.

Even more important is the community aspect. Returning to ECC after many years, the standout strength of the server is the community. A small group of highly welcoming and positive people that want to help out newbies and returning players alike. You cannot underestimate the value of the community - even if it isn't huge.

I think there is a lot to work on to get the server highly active again - if that is even the goal - but for now I am just happy to get to know new friends and catch up with the old while grinding away for ECC riches.

9. Mochocrap

Mochocrap Lannister
    EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +778
    Honestly, I've never been much of a builder. My imported town to this day still has empty 20x20 town plots that'll never be filled. The reason I got back into the swing of things, and the reason I play to this day, is simply because medals never go away. I'm on a hard medal hunt outside of the purchase medals. Working on McMMO and the collectors medal right now.
    The grind never stops.

10. MattBrpQc

MattBrpQc EcoMaster
    EcoMaster ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +327
    Sky dragged me back after I thought I left for good and now I can’t leave again. I have instead resorted to becoming rich and giving money away because it’s more fun to hang out with the community then taking care of my cat.
    Did I mention I break the rules a lot and I have no idea how I haven’t been banned yet?

11. Riggs316

Riggs316 The Ultimate Rigger
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +763

I watched this man cook dog food live on discord. Ban him pls.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. TaylorBros22

TaylorBros22 ***Ex-EcoLegend***
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +2,227
    The community. I've always come back time after time just to say hi to everyone, chill out and relax. It's always good fun to come back. One day I'll finish clearing my town too!

13. bobman3355

bobman3355 Mayor
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +866
    I should re download Minecraft sometime

14. MattBrpQc

MattBrpQc EcoMaster
    EcoMaster ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +327