[Wiki Submission] Add VIP chat rules to Wiki

Discussion in 'ECC Wiki Team & User Submissions' started by purplelegoender, Feb 2, 2017.

1. purplelegoender

purplelegoender [⚜EcoLegend⚜][⚜Philosopher⚜][⚜RogueDivision⚜]
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +5,062
    Subject: Add VIP chat rules to the wiki rules.

Detailing: I think it would be easier to find than just having these rules in the [General Discussion] section on forums. This would be better so when new users join the server they can view them and not have an excuse to say that they've never heard of them. As I've noticed, users have been saying different things in VIP chat that are against the rules but when staff warn them or tell them that what they said is improper and against the rules, they don't understand what staff are talking about because they've never heard/seen that their where rules for the chat. Right now, they are in General Discussion which you know, not everyone views the forums but it would just be proper to see these added to the Wiki so staff can link the wiki rules whenever such rules are questioned.

Link: https://www.ecocitycraft.com/forum/threads/rules-update-vip-chat.162495/

2. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    They're already there?

3. purplelegoender

Ratings:
    +5,062
    I cant seem to locate them, I've looked all throughout the Wiki... You sure?

4. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    Yes. Touchy subjects rule.

5. purplelegoender

Ratings:
    +5,062
    Ah I see it now, I would of thought their would of been a separate section made for the VIP rules so people would know.

6. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6

Ratings:
    +8,058
    That wouldn't really make any sense since the VIP rules previously (or rather lack thereof) were noted as an exception to the Touchy Subjects rule. The recent rule change simply modified the exception to that clause.

7. purplelegoender

Ratings:
    +5,062
    Ah I see. Alright, I wasn't exactly sure and I'd of liked to see it have its own section but okay. Also, not relevant at all to this thread, but the ECC Wiki section needs to be updated, the current pets listen are out of date as well as a few other things but I'm not sure they should/need to be changed. https://ecocitycraft.com/wiki/index.php?title=Server_Features#Main_Features

8. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6

Ratings:
    +8,058
    I'll talk to Andrew about the pets. As far as "other things" I really have no idea what you mean by that so if you think it's an issue please just say something about it.

9. purplelegoender

Ratings:
    +5,062
    *Forum Upgrades*
    ~Forums Gold Account
    ~Forums Gold Light Account
    -----------------------------------------
    Not sure if those are correct or not but they don't seem to be.

Main Features
    You are automatically placed in the Rising World upon joining our server. Here you will first be ranked as a Builder, and are free to move up as you play and apply for further ranks! The possibilities here are endless! Following are some of the MAIN FEATURES EcoCityCraft has to offer you!

• A great community filled with awesome people!
    • An active staff team ready to help you and keep the server safe!
    • A full featured economy system where you can buy, sell, and trade almost anything / anywhere!
    • Amazing Anti-Griefing tools to help detect griefers, roll back lost damages and keep your creations in great shape!
    • Very powerful Anti-Cheating detection to assist with keeping your gaming environment safe and fair!
    • Powerful protection plugins to assist in town security, block security as well as individual chest/door security and more!
    • Tons of awesome features to make your gaming experience the most enjoyable one possible. Over 30+ Plugins including many exclusive custom ones!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Do we even have an Anti cheat detection anymore, I was told it was removed or something?

Survival Games
    Go to our EcoCityCraft Rising Spawn area and find the Survival Games boards to the left of /spawn! The easiest way to access the Survival Game's board is by doing '/sg join'.
    All SG commands will be listed in our Server Commands section.
    Here is some useful information to know about Survival Games:

• You cannot break most blocks. You can only break certain blocks (ie. can break mushrooms and leaves) You cannot place any blocks.
    • PvP is enabled except in the 60 second Grace Period at the beginning of the match.
    • You have a separate inventory that doesn't carry between the SG maps and Legacy / Rising. Your inventory from Legacy / Rising is safe if you die!
    • The Survival Games channel is accessible with the "/ch sg" command. *Remember however our chat rules are still in place, and our Language rule is still in effect! Do not abuse it or you will be punished.
    • Mobs do not spawn in the SG maps at all.
    • There is currently a 1 in 4 chance (25%) that an SG game is going to be no kits! This means that any kits players have at the beginning of the game are wiped, and cannot be used during the duration of the game! Plus, the amount for kills and end-game rewards increases!
    • Winners of SG arena matches receive ($150*number of players) EcoDollars!
    • Winners of SG arena matches also receive ($100*number of players they killed as a match winning bonus)!
    • Kills are instantly awarded a $150 EcoDollar bonus, or in the case of a no kit game, $225 EcoDollars per kill!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From what I see, all the red parts are incorrect and need to be changed. I can get some of this information for you if need be. You also can only break Vines, Grass blocks and mushrooms.) I know that's not entirely wrong but I think it would be proper to add onto the list. It is also now a 2/4 chance (50%) for kits or kit free. The money amounts I'd have to check because I am unsure.

#9 purplelegoender, Feb 4, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
  10. zevzero

zevzero Member
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoMaster ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,847
    Even if an anti-cheating system was removed, how would removing this from the wiki benefit the server? It would just let new players know there's no system implemented to prevent cheating (which I'm pretty sure there is).

11. purplelegoender

Ratings:
    +5,062
    Yeah I realize that, good point. Although, kids already use cheats and probably realize that the many times people have said their is no anti cheat would probably get to them and begin to think their isn't one. Though I'm just putting it in red because of what I've been told and what the Wiki says and seems improper. @Nicit6 knows what he's doing I suppose, I'm just pointing out the minor incorrect things that I've noticed. That's all I noticed on that page, weird how this turned from a suggestion for VIP chat to showing multiple things that look improper on the Wiki.

#11 purplelegoender, Feb 4, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2017