Wiki Update - Town Claim Info

Discussion in 'ECC Wiki Team & User Submissions' started by KMaxwell, Jul 22, 2015.

1. KMaxwell

KMaxwell Crazy Cat Lady that Crochets
    EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,614
    Per this page in the wiki, the instructions are given on what qualifies a user as inactive and thus their towns able to be claimed.

Recently I decided to sell one of my town claims to another party, since I won't be using it and I thought it would be helpful to restore an inactive town to use by someone, and arranged for a contract to do so.

Upon filing the town claim app, I was met with this whereby the user, who has not been on the forum in 6+ months, is given a head's up that a town claim has been filed. While I have nothing against this policy, and it will certainly cut back on complaints that they weren't given a chance to keep ownership of their town... the fact that those who file an application to claim the town are not given the advance notice that this will happen.

I confirmed with a GA that nowhere is this policy written down or accessible to those wanting to file, or have filed, such an application.

Additionally, since it wasn't part of the known process for town claims, there is no allowance for the user's possible return to the server (and thus saving their town) in the contract I have signed, potentially putting me in a breach situation as I have no completed my end of the agreement by claiming this specific town.

I would like to suggest that this step in the application process be documented in some fashion.

2. TaylorBros22

TaylorBros22 ***Ex-EcoLegend***
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +2,227
  3. AdmiralD

AdmiralD IsleTradingCo
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +4,290
    I totally agree with this suggestion!
    I would like to say that the contract that I currently use does not state the 3 day wait since it has never been "officially" acknowledged.

4. Dewsy92

Dewsy92 Ex-Staff Team Troll
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +2,643
    Thank you for this, and apologies that this has never been documented anywhere. I have added in the following to the application wiki page:
    • Note: Upon posting a Town Claim application, a member of staff will send a forum PM to the Official Owner of the town. Once a 3 day period has passed, the player's activity will be re-assessed and must still meet the above criteria to be eligible for the town to be claimed.
    I hope that this is sufficient, but please let me know if you think that this should be added to/re-worded etc.

5. KMaxwell

KMaxwell Crazy Cat Lady that Crochets
    EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,614
    I am content with this, and will come to expect this process with any town claim I file in the future.

Thanks!