News of the Main World - 08/24/14 - Growing Tensions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by OnSceneReporter, Aug 24, 2014.

1. OnSceneReporter

OnSceneReporter №§ℛ
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +692
    [​IMG]
    Growing Tensions
    [​IMG]
    August 24, 2014
    http://tinyurl.com/qxkk9vw

In Case You Missed It:
    + Last Edition of the News (Read more)
    + @Revanrose6 Giveaway ends the 25th (Read more)
    + @monkeyBUTT244 20k Giveaway ends the 25th (Read more)
    + @epicmank3 Puzzle Competition (Read more)
    + Station 25 (Red row, Tier 3) may be up for sale by @sinder33 (Read more)
    + @THCOOL looking for mansion builders (Read more)
    + A tardis crashed (Read more)

Does This Mean War?
    By OnSceneReporter, Chief Editor
    Our lead story this edition goes right to the heart of stress and strife that is boiling around EcoCityCraft. After an outpouring of affection by @origamimaster10 in the steps following of the Summer build competition, a literary debacle exploded into heated actions. President @Mendiboi formally announced that @stoler202 was banned from all towns under mendiboi’s purview including the spawn town of Epicure. There have been rumblings if owners can ban users from traveling through spawn towns after certain statements were issued in the past by Server Owner andrewkm regarding spawn town travel.

Though the underpinnings of this conflict are no longer relevant, @Mendiboi didn’t stop with issuing an embargo on @stoler202. “I also call on other mayors and presidents to follow Epicure's lead and exclude people who would exclude others.” This proposal is in this reporter’s opinion, one of the most brash sociopolitical incidents to occur on EcoCityCraft since the outbreak of the near world ending war between Bremen and OstBerlin only seven months ago.

If you may recall, in late January a territorial dispute between Bremen President Peanut @pbrassat17 and OstBerlin Dear Leader @welikeike22 erupted into an all out conflict when masses of people heeded the calls of both leaders and mercenaries joined ranks with firebows and enchanted swords, vowing utter destruction of their opponents. One of the pivotal battles stretched almost 12 hours and several citizens were abducted and ransomed by each side. As a reporter on the scene, I was also shot with an arrow and for a time was stranded on a floating chest.

Notable EcoCityCraft historians who look back on the Bremen-OstBerlin war have commented that the conflict may have only ended with the establishment of the Rising world, and the land grab that took place. An official treaty was signed on March 12th 2014, marking the end of the territorial dispute, but rumors have been circulating around the back-alleys of the market that @welikeike22 may be purchasing large quantities of TNT, and that the missile silos below Bremen may have been reactivated.

Today, what we do know is that several notable leaders across EcoCityCraft did hear and reciprocate @Mendiboi ’s charge including @Iticip and @Raccooy.

The thread was locked for flaming. We at the newspaper want to express that we hope people can abstain from flaming here, but encourage focus on the social dynamics and impacts of these moves. Has there ever been another time when embargos and sanctions were issues between leaders in this fashion? Will more nation states join in the frenzy? Will a counter-coalition seek alliances? Are the drums of war beating loud once more? And does anyone else but me crack up at the amazing gif’s people are putting in their signatures? Honestly that is cracking me up.

[For Sale] Forum Section
    The EcoCityCraft forum holds a variety of sections that serve specific purposes. One of the most varied and interesting sections is the For Sale pages.

A lot of people browse these pages looking for deals and steals. Several shop owners post what they are selling and buying. Some people have started graphic design businesses, and others are looking for or advertising construction jobs.

Basically, if you need something done, or are looking for work, and you want to know where to find it, you can call, the A-Tea -- I mean, browse the For Sale pages (#‘80s).

The Race of ‘67
    On the evening of Sunday August 10th, several prospective businessman eagerly drooled over the opportunity to claim one of the most cherished shop locales in the EcoCityCraft market.

On EcoCityCraft, Resident ranks and higher can rent market shops by filling out the appropriate application form. Shop owners need to re-apply every so often to keep renting their stall.

@_TANSTAAFL drew criticism with a forum thread aimed at highlighting premiere spawn shops nearing their renewal dates. @Monkeyz505 commented back with “Shhh! Do not reveal our military secrets!” On August 7th, _TANSTAAFL notified watchers that a EcoMaster’s Station, 67, was nearing the expiration date. At 12:01 am EDT August 11th, many enterprising capitalists attempted to snipe the station’s claim in a forum lagging rush. However Server Admin @Revanrose6 announced that the station instead would be auctioned off to the highest bidder over a two week duration - confirming many speculations. The auction is due to end on the evening of August 25th at 11pm EST. No one has commented on the possible confusion or intentional marginalization of daylight versus standard time accounting, and how it may or may not affect the auction proceedings.

Through all the drama, several people have been left asking, “Where is lurkblader?” The last forum post by the EcoMaster was made on May 30th on a suggestion by @Cardinalhalk concerning nickname colors. Though it would appear that the shop owner in question may not have been active, lurkblader was spotted on /seen only a few hours before the expiration time of Station 67.

It should also be noted for those desiring spawn shops that @sinder33 is looking to sell Station 25 on the red row, 3rd tier (read more).

Rallies Prepare to Push
    Veganism is ramping up around EcoCityCraft. Since our last edition of the news, more and more people have begun pledging themselves to minecraft veganism.

ECC tycoon @lexi731rocs is interested in becoming a ECC vegan, “I am 75% vegan in real life so this article makes me want to become one in-game too!” Others like @314 have joined the vegan movement for other interesting reasons, “I am not a vegetarian because I love animals. I am a vegetarian because I hate plants". However, there is mounting pressure from the opposing side. President @stoler202 has been purporting some benefits of meat, “I pay no respect to the animals that die.” @steveshizzle was heard commenting on his own enterprises, “I build large factory farms in singleplayer survival worlds, in which I trap hundreds of cows, pigs, and sheep [in] less-than-ideal sized pens, breed hundreds of them at a time, and then subsequently massacre most of them for exp and food. I also trap hundreds of chickens in hopper-floored pens so as to harvest their eggs and make cakes. It's very productive and efficient.”

If you’re just catching up, veganism is a philosophy where people abstain from using products made from the exploitation of animals like leather, books, milk, cakes, and even exp from mobs.

A veganism rally has been scheduled for Monday August 25th at 12:01am outside Lurkblader’s old shop. No word as to why that specific location has been chosen.

About
    Catch up on past editions, our correspondents, and become a journalist by visiting our Information Thread.

• Like Like x 9
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
    #1 OnSceneReporter, Aug 24, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2014
  2. donkey5k

donkey5k •| The Legendary Donkey |•
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +492
    Nice! You did a fantastic job on this one!

3. buddermanrules

buddermanrules Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +38
  4. _TANSTAAFL

_TANSTAAFL EcoLegend
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,426
    Note that I was the first to claim station 67 despite all the competition I encouraged. Neiner neiner.

5. Imaginex

Imaginex Living in a Daydream
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $5,830,000
    Ratings:
    +1,244
    I've just realized that I'm mostly vegan in ECC anyways. It's just not as smart to have meat in your diet when animals are limited anyways.

Great job OnScene! This one was very well done.

6. buddermanrules

buddermanrules Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +38
    About the food thing... I am fine with both and really don't care but it is still cool... Makes minecraft more like real life... In my town (you can do /warp buddermantown to get there) I might start a "restaurant" and maybe have "vegan meals" and "meals"

7. pokemon9508

pokemon9508 ♪υиσвтαιиαвℓє єχ-ρяєѕι∂єит♪

Ratings:
    +384
    I am fond of being an omnivore since I have a good supply of meat and a healthy assortment of crops.

Fantastic job OnScene! This is a very nice edition!

#7 pokemon9508, Aug 24, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2014
  8. 314

314 Irratioπal President, former ServerAdmin
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $27,000,000
    Ratings:
    +4,866
    *Feels honoured for being mentioned* :happy:
    *Charges @OnSceneReporter a licence fee for the use of his statement "I am not a vegetarian because I love animals. I am a vegetarian because I hate plants"*

:D

Can't wait for the next edition! (Awesome as always!) :happy:

9. OnSceneReporter

OnSceneReporter №§ℛ

Ratings:
    +692
    You, me, thumb war, behind the school in Berlin tomorrow at high noon. Bring it.

10. 314

314 Irratioπal President, former ServerAdmin
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $27,000,000
    Ratings:
    +4,866
    War? Okay.
    *Grabs a MIQ bow*
    *Drinks an excellent cup of buffer tea*
    Forget about any regulations. :D
    *Smacks OsR with a freshly printed edition of the NOTMW*

Btw, small suggestion...I'd have included the 300k giveaway as well since this seems like a pretty big one by multiple people. :)

#10 314, Aug 24, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2014
  11. _TANSTAAFL

_TANSTAAFL EcoLegend

Ratings:
    +1,426
    Btw, I love all of your posts. You're a good writer.

Sent from my LG-VM701 using Tapatalk 2

12. THCOOL

THCOOL SolarNation Founder and Ex-smod
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +781
    Wow. This is actually very very cool and it's clear that this is NOT rushed. Well done!

13. Monkeyz505

Monkeyz505 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +512
    "Shhh! Do not reveal our military secrets!" Was from Strax, off of Dr. Who.

14. Raccooy

Raccooy Computer Scientist

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +2,342
    Me be vegan 2 plz?

15. stoler202

stoler202 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +471
    Exploit the animals! And damn @steveshizzle i always dreamed of having sucha factory!
    No matter how many towns you'd ban me from i wont give a *beep* ! So ban me all you like, but this statement is not related to @314 since its the only town/nation i personally like. :D
    Animal abuser rule, vegans drool!

16. HCPillarofFire

HCPillarofFire Builder

Ratings:
    +469
    The only time I am forced to eat is in PVP world and SG, other than that my food bar never goes down :p

17. CosmOrigist

CosmOrigist Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +438
    I suppose not even a thread that recognizes how well a group of users did on the build contest can go without bad. It's depressing, honestly. I had no intention to harm stoler in any way, however he had to make a nasty comment. I mean really? It gave me a lesson however, and I hope he got a lesson as well. I guess I need to realize that everyone is different with different thoughts. I didn't want a war. What the hell does war solve? Anyway I guess some people don't care about others so why should I care about them.

I don't want stoler to have a bad reputation because of me. I don't blame him for what he said nor do I want it to affect anyone. Sure you can have your opinion about him, but your opinion does not define who he is. This wasn't acting, it was a peer conflict.

Not sure why the topic is even here, I don't find it entertaining or funny. It really isn't. I guess if it brings happiness or something towards users, I couldn't care less. I can't even make a simple recognization without running into a wall.

However I feel bad for stoler, and in going to try to reverse what happened. Banning stoler from towns is going to do nothing. @stoler202 you did nothing to make me change my mind, but this is becoming ridiculous. I'm granting stoler access to all of the towns in which he was previously banned from. I don't care if you won't use my towns however you have access to them.

That's all I wana say. Don't feel like talking about this anymore.

18. stoler202

stoler202 Builder

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +471
  19. yokeby52

yokeby52 Penguin?
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +538
    Glad to see these come out, and sad that i was never able to contribute the stories I received (maybe 2-3) because of IRL things that were happening and unable to reach my computer for a while.... Hence while i am under the retired journalists... :) keep these coming @OnSceneReporter!

20. OnSceneReporter

OnSceneReporter №§ℛ

Ratings:
    +692
    When you're interested in returning as an active journalist @Yokeby52 , just let me know and I can add you.

#20 OnSceneReporter, Aug 25, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2014