Town Claim Forum PMing

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by MadMonster_, Jul 22, 2017.

1. MadMonster_

MadMonster_ Retired GameAdmin
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +754
    Minecraft Name:
    MadMonster_

Suggestion:
    My suggestion is to have the GameAdmins forum PM every region owner when there is a town up for claim rather than just the official owner.

Reason:
    The reason why I'm suggesting this is because users are added as region owners mainly because they've either bought the town, or they have helped the town in one way or another. When a town claim is processed the GameAdmins forum PM the official owner, and the official owner only (clarified here) however, I know many others as well as myself don't understand how this could be fair to everyone else listed as an owner?

For a town claim to be successful all of the added region owners must either be offline for a period of 6 months+ or permabanned for 7 days+ (as quoted above). If the activity of all the other region owners is taken into account when accepting / denying a claim, then why shouldn't they be added to the forum PM; don't they have the right to be notified when they may lose something they own?

Other Information:
    N/A

Link to this plugin/Is this a custom addition?:
    GA Guidelines / Wiki rule changes?

#1 MadMonster_, Jul 22, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
  2. Ladyvamptress

Ladyvamptress Bloodlust Ex-EcoLegend
    ECC Sponsor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,184
    +1
    I wasn't aware they didn't notify all owners already. It's stupid to just notify one person when there are more listed as the owner on the region. When claiming a town, why must we include all owners if they all aren't going to be notified? If there is a good reason for things being done this way then I understand, but other wise it just seems like backward thinking to me.

3. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    "fair"... I wouldn't go the fair route on this one considering imo it's pretty unfair that people can lose their towns for inactivity at all, period. I digress though.

While in a perfect would we wouldn't have them at all, in OUR world they need to be usable. Town claims incentivize the purchase of Tycoon+ ranks and help revitalize towns. They are a necessary evil.

I collected some numbers based on town claims on the first two pages of the town claim forum. Not counting claims that were denied for clerical errors or approved because of contracts/permas, the following number appears.

26 claims were filed based on inactivity. 7 of those owners returned. Assuming that the chance someone returns is random (an oversimplification but it's what we have) that means that 27% of the time, a claim will fail. That's just forum pm'ing 1 owner.
    A second owner drops the chance of a claim succeeding to nearly half at 53%.
    A third drops the chance of a claim succeeding to under 40%.

No. You're suggesting we change that, but the actual answer to that rhetorical question is "No". Even when you look at the other ways a co-owner can lose a town you see that "right" doesn't exist in any form. They can be evicted for inactivity without notice. No right to notification exists there, either. Towns can be reclaimed by their official owner, and no right to notification exists there either.

And of course there's the elephant in the room that according to the rules, unless you are the official owner, you don't truly own the town.

4. Mission001

Mission001 Ex-EcoLegend HⱻặĐHůƞẗǝɍ
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $495
    Ratings:
    +6,478
    +1
    Its stupid that 1 owner gets forum pm'd even if they sold a town to someone else for them to put in tons of work and then never get notified of the town being claimed.

5. BobbyBlack

BobbyBlack Community Spokesperson
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ XI ⭐⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,516
    -1 Co-owners have no right to keep the town. They can be removed whenever by the damn original owner so who is to say that they should be able to prevent a town claim from going through.

6. stoler202

stoler202 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +471
    -1, as Nicit said, unofficial owners don't truly own the town.

7. jwpwns

jwpwns ECC Sponsor
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,628
    THis -1