[Help!] Nether Stars may soon completely leave voting.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by andrewkm, Jul 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LJKAzrael

LJKAzrael Freelancer | Ikigai
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +372
    +1 I would prefer this to glitchy vote sites now, but I understand their purpose.

2. ScopicX

ScopicX Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +854
    Let's take a look here.

Farming: Lets say cocoa beans. 8k/hr. And exactly how will builders be able to farm? By Spending money to buy perms. (~3-5k?) This is not exactly the best idea when you're just trying to get 1.5k to buy a plot.

Mining: Try and see how much you make with a unenchanted diamond pickaxe. You need to spend at least an hour to get 1.5k. The builder will definitely quit before then.

SG: You need ~2 wins to get $1500. Let's also take a look at the big list of teamers there are. Builders stand no chance in SG, and SG is probably the best way to get fast money for them.

So I don't think you intended any [/sarcasm] :p

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
  3. 12345shane

12345shane ρяєѕι∂єитιαℓ ρяαєтσя
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,132
    When I was a builder I voted every day for just $100 and 16 porkchops. I wouldn't be surprised if other builders are as desperate as I was, especially since they make 30x as much as I did back in the day.

No it's not the only way, but it is extremely helpful for builders to get at least a set of usable non-stone tools, armor, food, and a plot somewhere.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. alishaan

alishaan Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +43
    +1 on the kit idea

#44 alishaan, Jul 30, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2016
  5. alishaan

alishaan Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +43
    I'm sorry but your point on sg is completely invalid. I spent a good hour today without a team and no bought kits and made 10k, it's entirely possible to win against teamers

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
    #45 alishaan, Jul 30, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2016
  6. Expipiplusone

Expipiplusone Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +778
    Here's the comment I was replying to, I highlighted the part it seems you overlooked:
    Again, I think this would be a wonderful way to troll mojang's petty requirements, I just wanted to point out that we should have ready a backup plan in case of being blacklisted, and we should have it planned before taking any action against eula.
    On the other hand, I have read some ideas to incentivize people to vote being eula complaint, so maybe we don't need to take such a drastic approach

7. Mission001

Mission001 Ex-EcoLegend HⱻặĐHůƞẗǝɍ
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $495
    Ratings:
    +6,478
    How afking doing more for the community then people logging in, doing a command and logging off?

If anything at least everyone online will actually see your message when you pm them...

You say well at least player count will look high...its a misleading figure, as half of them arent even interacting with whats going on...

Anyways,
    12 hour kit is the logical solution and is pretty fair.

I like the nether idea but will kill a main source of income for starting builders and also residents.

8. Kissthis

Kissthis Escape Artist
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +541
    Full dislike this idea as it puts Staff at a disadvantage... I can't AFK farm :p

9. matrix_rep

matrix_rep Runner Up in BB20
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ X ⭐⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +7,451
    Get 2 nstars a day simple as that

10. RaginDevonian

RaginDevonian Pro Pokemon Player
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $47,000
    Ratings:
    +1,023
    Too low and prices will raise too high.

11. matrix_rep

matrix_rep Runner Up in BB20
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ X ⭐⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +7,451
    Not rly about what 1/3 ppl vote daily? Now we balance that out by giving everyone 2 nstars from a kit

12. Bash100

Bash100 :^)

Ratings:
    +1,782
    As a town owner, I know for a fact that builders rely on voting heavily. It's essentially the only reason how they're able to afford a plot. Builders need voting to help them start up.

Mining yields very little money until they can afford a decent pickaxe.

Farming commonly requires you to purchase perms to begin with.

And for many, SG simply isn't something they're good at.

Your suggestion is extremely flawed - people will go AFK and if I were a new player, I certainly wouldn't be grinding for hours just to afford a plot. I'd have just started playing and wouldn't have decided if I liked it or not.

I personally like the kit suggestion or the login rewards.

13. Ladyvamptress

Ladyvamptress Bloodlust Ex-EcoLegend
    ECC Sponsor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,184
    It would probably be a good idea to keep obtaining nether stars as close to the way you get them voting as possible. When voting, you log onto a site, type in your name, and then log into the server... boom, you get them. With the /kit nstar idea, it's basically the same steps, it's just not your name you're typing in and you're already on the server. I liked the suggested time of 3 every 12 hours. This seems very close to what it was when voting. I feel this is the best way to go!

I do like Nicit's idea about adding the wither back to the nether. I think it was suggested before, so obviously some people are in support of this suggestion, but it shouldn't be the only way to obtain nstars. Maybe doing this along with the /kit idea will make up for the lucky, mega lucky, etc that we now won't have. Obviously people who go to the nether to get nstars will have to have some luck on their side cause if it's anything like ghasts and their tears... they always drop in the lava before I can grab them. xD

As for Video's idea. It's not a bad one, but I don't agree with the opinion about "who cares if they nstar farm". I would think you would care being staff here. Just afk farming nstars is like auto farming or using an auto hack. Plus it would break the economy... which is why the before mentioned are illegal here. With that being said, I would care. However, I do know there is a plugin out there that pays players X amount of money every X amount of time and if the player is not moving, it does not count that time. It's not a custom plugin, it's out there for everyone to use and set it up how they would like. I'm not sure if you can set it up to give out nstars, but I don't see why you can't. I also don't know if things like auto fishing or any other hacks that keep you moving is a way to 'afk' and get around it. Just mentioning as food for thought even though I think the /kit and wither are both a better option. :)

14. Hackney_Builder

Hackney_Builder Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +205
    Nah, just set up a npc at spawn, you get a daily reward thru it.
    Like what a server that begins with an m does.

15. Expipiplusone

Expipiplusone Builder

Ratings:
    +778
    "npc"? I only know Non Playable Character, but it doesn't make any sense

16. Netsui

Netsui EcoLeader
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +274
    That is what an npc is yes, what he suggested is basically a custom coded villager or something to give you the nstars on a daily cooldown.

As for this, earning things through just being online is different from auto farming in the sense that just being online for x hours to earn a small handful of nstars every y hours is no where as detrimental as actively running a mod or programme to auto-farm or auto-fish.
    It requires a lot of investigation to find the people that have really complex scripts and programmes that allow them to auto-farm/fish, in the past these people generated hundreds of thousands of ECD and into the millions before they were finally caught and banned. Whereas finding someone who is just afking for stars is a fairly simple log check, and it doesn't take a lot to notice that someone is always online, you can see that as a normal player with /seen.
    As well as the fact that you simply would make more actively playing the game than you could afking for nstars, currently you don't even have to log in to make money you just vote and log in whenever you want and collect all of the stars you got for voting for.

#56 Netsui, Jul 31, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
  17. Expipiplusone

Expipiplusone Builder

Ratings:
    +778
    Then what's the difference from a /kit, above cosmetics?

18. rNin

rNin Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +84
    I don't think NPC will have good or bad impact, it's a simply graphical version of it.

Though would it be good to give a first-time kit for players to give 5 netherstars? New player usually need these amount to get a plot and some funds, other claim would then simply give a netherstars every × hours.

19. AdmiralD

AdmiralD IsleTradingCo
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +4,290
    Personally, I vote to help support our server and to let others know about it. While I do appreciate the nStar rewards, they are not the only reason I vote.
    I like the kit idea so far. Whatever is decided by andrew, I commit to voting just as I do now (even with no reward) if that is needed.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  20. Netsui

Netsui EcoLeader
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +274
    One is relatively easy to do and the other isn't.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.