[Help!] Nether Stars may soon completely leave voting.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by andrewkm, Jul 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. polltax

polltax seldom right but never in doubt
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +466
    I'm assuming if we give nstars out for how long you're on we would need an afk timer to kick people not moving?

2. Bash100

Bash100 :^)
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,782
    I mean... people can easily make AFK fountains to bypass this. They're not even that hard to make. We could make them illegal, yes, but anyone could easily make one in some deserted area underground.

Besides, what about people who want to AFK to allow their farms to grow, etc? I don't think an AFK timer is the thing ECC needs.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. Expipiplusone

Expipiplusone Builder

Ratings:
    +778
    Thanks man! I, as someone who afk's a lot, think that it would be a terrible idea to mess with afk rules just because we want to bind nstar rewards to up-time.
    There's much much better ways to reward attendance than this.

4. peelxthatxbanna

peelxthatxbanna Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Resident ⚒️

Ratings:
    +0
    There is a plugin on the server (removed pm me if you wanna know) it makes it so when you vote you get a token. With that token you can right click on a creeper in a safezone (spawn) the creeper never moves or blows up. You can then redeem the token and a wheel spins giving you a random prize there could be nether stars, spawn eggs, etc. But since voting will be no more make a /kit token with a 24 hr cool down and when you use this kit have the server give you a "token". This would make it so that it would be basically the same as voting you could get lucky or not.

#64 peelxthatxbanna, Aug 2, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
  5. 12345shane

12345shane ρяєѕι∂єитιαℓ ρяαєтσя
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,132
    I suggest you edit out that server name. Edit is in the bottom left of your post if you don't know.

#65 12345shane, Aug 2, 2016
  6. ScopicX

ScopicX Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +854
    You mean, like crate chests and crate keys? That would be a pretty cool addition.

7. ToCatchAHansen

ToCatchAHansen Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Resident ⚒️

Ratings:
    +410
    I don't really care about where nstars go but I do like the crate and kit ideas.

8. d_face012

d_face012 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +323
    Idea for replacement of the nether stars. For every vote you receive a key and you can trade that key in for items, diamonds, nether stats, exp, MCMMO levels, anything really. Also make tiers of keys so people can buy them with in real life money or in game money. In those chests you'll have higher rates of getting cooler and more rare stuff. Saw this on a server, think it's a good idea.

9. d_face012

d_face012 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +323
    Just realized everyone else suggested this

10. ScopicX

ScopicX Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +854
    Problem is, isn't buying crate keys against the EULA? It would be cool though, we could have Common, Rare, Epic and legendary crates :)

11. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    The reason this is an issue is because we're not allowed to reward voting. Changing what we give out for voting doesn't solve the issue.

12. Expipiplusone

Expipiplusone Builder

Ratings:
    +778
    What about giving forum rewards? Currently, you can purchase forum currency with real life dollars and that's totally eula compliant (lol), so why not rewarding votes with something in forum (that could be later exchanged with in-game goods of course)?

13. 314

314 Irratioπal President, former ServerAdmin
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +4,866
    I'd like to add that kicking AFK users also disadvantages those who don't AFK for netherstars if they were to be awarded for online time or similar. There is a certain person who has a reason to be against AFK kicks. :p

I like the previously suggested idea of a /kit instead.

14. 12345shane

Ratings:
    +2,132
    The online every day thing is cool and all, but I honestly think that kits are good enough. We could have a 12 hour kit that gives 3 nstars or a 24 hour kit that gives 6. They're the simplest solution and the one closest to current voting.

Voting should remain though. So I was also thinking, is it possible we keep voting so long as it benefits everyone? Like, maybe every 250 (probably more) votes there could be a booster or something of the sort?

#74 12345shane, Aug 2, 2016
  15. Bash100

Bash100 :^)

Ratings:
    +1,782
    I quite like this idea - every 250 votes there can be an automated booster and perhaps every 5000 (that's around the amount of votes we get every month, correct me if I'm wrong) a Minerun or other competition could be scheduled at an appropriate time.

16. BoonkerMcgang

BoonkerMcgang Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +51
    In my oppinion
    1.The kits for netherstar idea is a very good one however i believe that we cant just put the netherstars in the starter kit cause honestly, i dont want to have to throw away stone tools, it would be annoying! So in turn, have a /kit nstar with a chance of 8 netherstars, lowest of 5.

2.I like the bring back the wither idea it would make the nether a better investment all around, but it cant be the only way to obtain netherstars as it is very complicated and would take ages but it could be worth if the reward was around 50 netherstars. If the drop rate of wither skulls were kept low. if the drop rate was raised it could not be as huge of a reward but i think the withers health would need to be lowered if you wanted to give out small rewards.

3.I think the daily log on is the best idea and we set it up like mobile games.
    Day one 4 Nethers stars
    Consecutive day 2, 4 netherstars
    Consecutive day 3, 5 netherstars
    Concescutive day 4, 6 nstars
    Concecutive day 5, 7 nstars
    Concecutive day 6, 8 nstars
    Concecutive day 7 10 nstars
    If you dont like the idea because people could log on for a second and get stars, we could say you must be on for 30 minutes to get the reward.
    So people are rewarded for playing the server
    4.The being on for an hour to get one and get one every hour would be ok, but players including myself would find an easy way to exploit this and auto farm netherstars. Which isnt good as it goes server rules

And for me i think mojang is being rediculous with their random ass annoying ass rules. They just further complicate servers, and if mojang says there can be no reward for voting, i think the websites need to adapt and do it by amount of players on and how long they play for.

EDIT: Are we allowed to give boosters for 250 votes? Can't that still be seen as a reward for voting? @Nicit6 Do you think it will be?
    Thanks for the reading. This is subject to change.

#76 BoonkerMcgang, Aug 2, 2016
  17. iTzRJ

iTzRJ Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +483
    As Thomas said, I think you should just make a kit called /kit nstar . The reason being is new players will be joining the server, using /kit starter , receive nether stars and die, being wreck less with those items not realizing the value they hold.

18. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,271
    I believe the /kit would be better

#78 Jdawger, Aug 2, 2016
  19. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,271
    Maybe make nstars the prize for Survival Games. Think about it: SG is slowly dying away, so making nstars the prize instead of money is a great solution. Winner gets 5 nstars, second gets 3, third gets 1. In addition, the winner gets a bonus star based on their kill count. To combat (pun not intended) those people who win every game they play, make the cap amount of nstars one can get be like 20 per day or maybe after ten or fifteen games, you can only earn money again.

In addition, still have the /kit nstar, but only have like 3 or 4 a day

#79 Jdawger, Aug 2, 2016
  20. 12345shane

Ratings:
    +2,132
    I already said; don't have them, it helps to balance out the fact that more nstars will be coming in due to the simplicity of doing a kit rather than voting. Eggs are still available in the star shop.

And the command I meant was /kit nstar.

#80 12345shane, Aug 2, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.